Downloading music from iTunes question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bryan, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, yeah, I'm a Luddite. I've never used iTunes and I don't have an iPod and I've been pretty happy without 'em. Partly 'cause I make due and partly 'cause I've convinced myself to be happy 'cause I'm so technologically disinclined.

But! I do have a Creative Zen that I use for running, and I want to get these exclusive Nike running albums from iTunes.

Nike releases the ultimate running album - Monsters and Critics

Is there a way to get music off iTunes that will work on my Zen? Or is that impossible per Steve Jobs goal of MUSICAL WORLD DOMINATION?

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know much about the Zen, but if you download some music through itunes, even if it's locked as an "MP4" all you have to do is burn the music to an audio disc from the actual itunes player, then you can take the music off of that disc and they will be standard MP3s. I have no idea if that answers your question or if I sound like a moron, but I thought I'd give it a shot if it ended up helping you.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This.

You can get around "teh uber file protection" with that workaround. I did it plenty of times before being broken by the iPod.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

you guys know that itunes stopped locking songs to an ipod-only format a while ago right?

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks! I don't know how to burn CDs, but I'll get someone to help me out with that. Long as I know it's doable, I'm good.

I honestly didn't know that...are you sure it would work directly with a Zen?

I mean, I can do the CD thing apparently, and that's good, but if it's even easier, that would make me happy.

6. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Really? Songs I downloaded yesterday were still locked. Do I need to change some settings so that they download as unlocked files?

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    There should be a section of iTunes called "iTunes Plus" or something to that effect.

It's a special part where music (may have video and movies, I'm not sure) is DRM free, and you can put on ANY digital media player.

But because they don't have DRM, you may have to spend 10-50 cents more. The price varies on all of the media.

8. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Ah, cool. I'll have to check that out. :) 

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys... if a song is 99 cents, it's still locked. The songs that are $1.29 are not. I downloaded a MUSE song for $1.29 and it works on my Iphone and on my Sony walkman. Not all songs are unlocked yet.

Use the CD trick.