Down Comes The DC/Vertigo Wall

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Mr. Sinister, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

hopefully not every Vertigo title follows...my favorites (Fables, Jack of Fables, Air, and House of Mystery) are way better in their own world.

Swamp Thing matches though...and what's funny, another idea that's similar with something Marvel is doing (bringing back a green monster with Thing in his name aka Man-Thing)

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think it could definitely work if they established Fables (as an example) as one of the 52 worlds. It would definitely be an interesting way to incorporate Vertigo into the larger DCU universe.

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Vertigo's relationship with the mainstream DC-verse so tenuous anyway. Might as well knock down the wall.

As for the Source Wall. Wasn't it said somewhere the Marvel Universe is what's on the other side? I seem to recall that being how Hank Henshaw got over there for the Superman/Fantastic Four crossover, so maybe it was back in the pre-Infinite Crisis days, but now?

Maybe it's just what separates the 52 universes. But isn't that the Bleed? I have a headache.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, the bleed is now the stuff between the Universes.

Was it the JLAvengers crossover that said the MU was the other of the Source Wall?

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Not got a problem with stuff that came from mainstream DC going back there, but the superhero end of the business needs to be kept the hell away from everything else.

7. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

It was awhile back in the old Marvel/DC crossover days. Back when Superman had long hair, Hal was Parallax, and Ben Reilly was Spiderman. I've been looking for where that was said but now I can't find it to save my life.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

All Access mini

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is probably a good thing for characters like Swamp Thing and the characters with stronger superhero connections. However, I hope they're careful about which characters they use and how. I'd hate to see it end up that DC's next big event is everyone has to team up to fight The Endless or something like that.

It says in the article that it's "any character that came from the DC Universe can and will be used by the DC Universe", so both Fables titles and Air are probably safe since they didn't start out in the DCU. Not sure about House of Mystery, though.

10. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    And with the Zatanna ongoing, prehaps we could see a John Constantine date ala the Birds of Prey issue where Nightwing went on a date with Oracle

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Swamp Thing is the one Vertigo character that has consistently crossed back and forth between that and the mainstream DCU. Even during Moore and Veitch's runs, we saw J'onn, Scott Free, Superman, Jason Woodrue...heck, the entire JLA even.

Dream has also shown up in several DCU books in the past, both versions of Dream, too.

This isn't really a big deal, not as I see it, anyway. It's just reaffirming that these characters inhabit the same fictional universe, which they essentially did anyway.

The only character I can even imagine this being odd for would be Tim Hunter, but really, when's the last time we had a Books of Magic series?

- Coeloptera