Doubt there will be a TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe3963, Aug 3, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    How did that turn out?

2. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

okay, so obviously we all think mirage/dino and sideswipe have been hopelessly underused right? lol aside from that point, not only the issues i said to start this thread, also, the transformations(just as an example), i mean it would be difficult to copy them, and if they were different would it be judged differently by the fans? remember thats just an example. Maybe Rodimus and Galvatron for TF4? (personally just dont think unicron would be a good idea, not saying they couldnt pull it off though)

3. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

what if it was about sam's kid and it was like 20 years in the future. Before cybertron was destroyed all surviving autobots flew to earth and now live their and the human alliance has gone swimmingly. They have set up a moon base and the autobots have driven all decepticons off the planet and into the far reaches of space. But what the autobots don't know is the decepticons are building an army under the command of cyclonus who is one of few disciples of UNICRON!!! And i couldn't come up with the rest cuz my head hurts:[

4. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

This. What I love about DOTM is that the robots are an intricate part of the story, not just an aside to provide awesome fight scenes. But there was still a "heart" element that was missing. Speilberg is excellent at infusing heart and down to earth reality in his films and I would like to see how he would interpret the Cybertronians within those parameters.

5. megachin

megachin Banned

I really hope there will be a 4th, I mean if pirates can make a 4th one so can transformers.

6. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I'm 99% sure there will be a 4th.
    With the films having made over $2.5 billion collectively so far, the studios will want to keep milking the cash cow.

So, the question is if, rather than when.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The only way i want Tf4 is if they take a page from Masterforce where Dylan survived and with his business partner Silas and his scientist Dr. Arkeville they find the parts of deceased Transformers and use them as upgrade and meanwhile the Autobots have to stop the Masterforce crew and things get worse when Decepticons from space come into command. *Thunderwing or Straxus doesn't matter*

8. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Add to this that Murphy has stated that there will be another trilogy, no reboot. And I agree with his position. Hopefully, that decision will hold.

To a certain extent, I feel the pain of those calling for a reboot. Because ROTF was so bad, it seems that we didn't receive a proper trilogy. At least not one that properly built the human and Cybertronian characters in such a way that we had a vested interest in seeing their denouement.

If I were calling the shots, I would structure TF4 as a standalone film that strings character cohesion among the first three films while serving as a foundation for the next trilogy. It could use flashbacks depicting key moments of the war on Cybertron, paralleling those events with the present day Autobots facing some threat. In a way, it would be a reboot disguised as a continuation.

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure there will be a fourth sometime in the next few years. I'd want either a) a reboot, b) a prequel, or c) something showing NEST going around the planet fighting Decepticons.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Murphy isn't the only person who will be attached to the film and he will not be the most powerful person attached so all he can tell us is what he'd like to see. With no word on when there will be a sequel or who will be attached to the film it's almost impossible at this point to say what it might be.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I one with thumbs down on Transformers 4.