Heavy/Scratch: Doublecross (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Sep 20, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doublecross (WIP)!

For this custom project, I used Cybertron Ultra class Cryo Scourge. Before the hard work, I first removed the larger, middle head of his beast mode and the beast mode middle chest part/robot mode front waist part and sanded down his beast mode claws to make them more pointed and sharp.

STEP 1: Tail/Axe to Blaster Weapon (Doublecross_001, pic 01)

To make the handle, I used 2 cut-in-half offed joint shafts from an old Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Ultra class Tigerhawk of mine and ran a nail through them as I glued them together. Once it dried, I sanded it down it make it fit onto his robot mode hand. Then I cut/sanded off the rear light blue spike of the axe and make a hole through the plastic and hammered and glued the handle into the hole (Doublecross_001, pic 02). Once it dried, I screwed all the parts back into place and made I a hole at the front with a small drill to create the barrel (Doublecross_002, pics 03 & 04).

STEP 2: Beast Mode Front Feet to Hands

To modify the front feet into hands, I carved/sanded down the beast and robot hands and cut offed the short shaft on the spikeless forearm half to make it loose enough to flip out the robot mode hands when transforming to robot mode (Doublecross_003, pic 05). Then I switched around the half of the forearms that has the small spike (Doublecross_003, pic 06). The result is working beast mode hands with the spikes serving as the thumbs (Doublecross_003, pic 07).

STEP 3: The Twin Heads

I modified the heads by unscrewing the heads in half, carved/sanded of the middle of the head crest to create the appearance of twin horns (Doublecross_004, pic 08), and screwed back both halves of the head without the spring to keep is mouth(s) closed (Doublecross_004, pics 09 & 10).

STEP 4: The Wings

This step is yet to be done. My plan is to replace the large spikes on each of his upper arms with an ideal pair of wings. But it’s so far, so good.

Attached Files:

2. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

That's looking really good so far!

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like it so far, getting a nice doublecross vibe from it

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I have to agree with you guys. This definitely screams Doublecross. You know if you have styrene sheets maybe cut triangle-like shapes to fit inside those grooves of the spikes and you'll have wings. Then might be small, but its an idea.

5. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bump.