Double Your Action Giveaway Clarification

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this has probably been asked before, and I'm betting either people have forgotten by now or have found out at botcon, but do the HFTD, PCC, or Generations lines count towards the Double Your Action giveaway?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't think so

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I tried sending in my Leader Screamer receipt just to see what happens, since it says "any" without specifying the ROTF line in words.

I doubt PCCs count since they don't technically fall into the typical size classes - the terms say "any Deluxe, any Voyager", etc.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of an e-mail reply from Hasbro, posted back in the News thread about this topic:

So, PCCs, Generations, HftD and others are likely not eligible. But, hey, if you've got an extra stamp laying around and don't need the receipt for anything else, no harm in sending it in to check.

5. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    I'm reminded of another question I was gonna ask - I bought a Voyager at KMart and the receipt lists it as a "Battle Pack" - would they look at the product number and see that it checks out as a Voyager or would I be pressing my luck hoping for that?

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Don't let them tell you that.

If they tell you that, send them this link: TRANSFORMERS Double Your Action Giveaway at HasbroToyShop.com

and ask them what it directly shows/tells you to buy for the giveaway when you click "deluxe" or "voyager", and then demand your three tuner mudflaps.

7. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to try and use that as Justification. At the very worst I'll just buy an ROTF Voyager and a Legends fig. It's a shame because I really wanted the Payload repaint of Long Haul instead of the green deco.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It is worth taking a shot and mailing it in. I wrote Hasbro, and am guessing that their promotions department is taking a nice little hit for this one. My second email was answered with a "we have sent your concerns to our promotions department" response after receiving an answer similar to the one posted above. I am all for sending them a NICE email when they do stuff like this. Genuine concern in cases like this is usually pretty well taken, and we can only hope that they honor it. Worth a shot atleast.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I ordered some TFs recently from HTS with the 10% coupon, so those aren't eligible. The rest, I'm pretty much just sending my receipts in (making copies for myself first for insurance reasons, of course) after I've made sure they qualify for the $25 amount. The size classes they've given are the size classes I buy anyways. None of mine thus far have been HtfD TFs.

I'm just anxious to see what becomes of it . . . .

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

SQ7, why would your HTS purchase not qualify? If it's because of the total being below $25 before shipping/tax, sure I can see that, but online purchases should otherwise qualify.

11. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    I sent mine in today using my Leader Starscream receipt. I highly doubt there will be a problem, especially since when you click on the "Any Transformers Leader Class" link on the promotion site, SS is right there. Only time will tell.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I used the THANKS10 coupon code, and the form specifically says that it can't be combined with another offer.

13. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? Genuinely curious here.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that they may be just checking the UPC numbers. Most of my receipts might as well be written in Greek.

15. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

This might be a little morally bad, but I bought Bludgeon and some random scout and just asked the Wal-Mart clerk to give me a gift receipt for both. I mailed away the original and returned the scout, I still have Bludgeon unsure if I'm going to keep him.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd say you're trying to beat the system there.

At least keep Bludgeon if for no other reason than he's an awesome, awesome figure.

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Hmm.
    I sent away for one with Seaspray and the Bludgeon/Whirl 2-pack at TRU. Both were on sale but the total was still over 25. Probably won't work but oh well. Just a stamp wasted.

18. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Generally, that is a disclaimer on every offer made. It should only apply to additional offers from Hasbro itself, with HTS being a seperate entity.

I would still send it in. Every toy I bought for this promotion was on sale in some way or form and I expect to get my freebies.

Honestly, every major retailer has had these on sale through out the offer period. It's hard to find them NOT on sale.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I may just end up doing that just for the heck of it. :) 

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK here is one for you guys. I ordered stuff online that qualifies for this promotion. Do I send the receipt from the email or do I send the packing slip? The email does say "Please keep this email as a receipt for your purchase". I don't want to get burned on this one because of a technicality.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010