Double (non-Transformer) Holy Grail Day!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Paladin, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I finally found a seller with the two items I've always wanted to add to my Sentai/Ranger collection. I've been working at it for some time, and now (until the NEW series) its' complete!

The Grail items are:

Quantasaurus Rex Megazord, a giant remote-controlled robotic transforming dinosaur

And GaoElephant, an accessory that was never released in America and became incredibly hard to find!

The cost is a little excessive, so I'm swearing off 95% of my collecting for the next four months.

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Have no idea what they are but congrats on the pickups.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, first Ikado, now you. Michigan people are finding their grails and I can't find poop!! hehe Congrats dude!

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Nice catch on the Elephant :)  I got mine at the same time as the red Gorilla (Back when Bandai had "no plans to release GaoKnight" in the US)

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pics?

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Boukenranger doesn't come out until March or April, right? Depending on just how scary the price tags on those two were, I think you'll recover in time. The new Megazord looks good, but it doesn't seem to be earth-shattering or unique. Now, a ranger with a shovel-hand weapon... odd.

7. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I believe it actually starts this month.

I was lucky enough to have a friend in Japan when Gaoranger was on, so that's how I got my GaoElephant.

My grails in Sentai/PR are my DragonCeasar (Dragon Zord) and my Muteki Shogun w/ Tsubasamaru (Shogun Megazord w/ Falconzord).

Congrats on the hauls!!

-Shifty

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Shifty has some pics of these in the '100toy thread' , that Elephant looks too sweet.
    Cant remember what the other looks like.

Id love to collect Sentai If I knew more about them, They're so expensive and sometimes rare I would'nt know where to start. So I just been buying the PR zords from the shelf, which are major fun.
    Nice to have expensive figs you don't have to be super delicate with.

Congrats man!

9. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

The mech that was in the $100 thread was the Revolver Mammoth, which is alot different and bigger than the GaoElephant. It's also from the next season of Sentai (Hurricanger as opposed to Gaoranger).

Bandai of America seems to have something against Paciderms though, cause neither GaoElephant nor Revolver Mammoth were released in the states. The Mammoth I can see, cause it is HUGE, motorized and would be expensive as hell. But GaoElephant was just a stupid move on their part.
    There was even 2 version of the Elephant that were released. The standard blue version and a black version that was exclusive to the TRU Japan GaoKnight giftset.

Here's a lot of my Sentai stuff (and some PR stuff thrown in) that I've taken pics for various reviews...http://photobucket.com/albums/v161/Shifty02/Sentai/
    The rest of it can be seen here... http://photobucket.com/albums/v161/Shifty02/Tour/

-Shifty