Heavy/Scratch: Double Blaster Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by savio-prime, Jul 13, 2010.

?

Have Bee dry brushed and detailed, or just detailed?

1. Yes do a metal drybrush and detail him!

223 vote(s)
    71.2%
  2. No dry brushing, just detail all the molded features!

90 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Thanks man.

I'm making more progress on the conversion kit. I have the mini wings, door windows, and windshield, all molded. I chose to add all the windows in the mold so they all match when casted.

Next I plan to mold the inner halves of the forearms with the ball joints for the wrists already on, the door hinges, and POSSIBLY the split head lights.

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WWWWOOOOOWWW ... so do you mean you'll make kits available?
    which exact BB do we then need for base?

this looks like so hard and fun at the same time.... OOWWWW GOOODDDYYY :D 

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be thr battle blade bb figure.

4. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Here is a picture of the first mold which has the back portion of the upper car assembly (back window + mini wings), the door windows, and front windshield.

One question I have for people is this, should the conversion kit include the windshield mod (3 pt hinge allowing the windshield to fold up over the roof in bot mode)?

Attached Files:

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Id say no for the folding windshield. But that's just me, ;) . Dude, seriously can't wait to see where this kit goes. Are you including the swivel hinge to connect the roof assembly to the back as well?

6. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

Yes please.

Why would you say no?

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I would say yes. I think people who will be investing in this kit are really dedicated to improving BB and would want as many parts as possible.

On a side note, I was planning to try CoolJazz's fender mod with the twisting chest pieces. (His fender mod was with the chest pieces left alone.) After trying it on my practice Bee, I'm pretty sure I'll just glue the fender pieces to the twisting chest pieces on my official Bee.
    In the CGI, the fender pieces are separate from the chest in robot mode. However, they also are at least level or come out further than the chest pieces. With the fender mod, they are behind the chest pieces. Unless you pull them out, but I found that to be a little too tedious.
    Anyone else try these methods who would like to share their thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say no because the mod I came up with hides the center of the hood better in bot mode ;) 

9. hthrun

Ebay:
    Yesterday I glued the fenders to the chest pieces of my practice BB. I just tried transforming him to robot mode and I'm definitely planning to do this on my official one. It gives some nice extra stability to the chest.

I also finished one of the wrist mods yesterday. I got a ball joint from an old Gundam toy. Instead of knocking the pin out of the hand, I used my dremel to cut out the portion at the wrist joint. Now there's still a pin keeping the thumb in place.
    I had to shave some plastic off the arm, too, to allow the hand to turn all the way. I added a couple drops of clear finger nail polish and will probably add some more when I start working on the other hand.
    It turned out really nice! Thanks again for your inspiration, sp!

10. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any pics of this htrun?

11. hthrun

Ebay:
    I've attached a cell phone pic of my practice Bee with the chest and fender mod. It's the same as savio-prime's except without the chest split. I don't think I'll try that unless I happen upon a third Bee really cheap...

The official Bee with the wrist mod is at home now. I'm planning on doing the same mod to RotF leader Starscream and making it into a tutorial. Then I'll later add images of other TFs I do that mod to, like Bumblebee.
    I hope you don't mind, savio. Of course I'll give you credit:thumbs2: 

Attached Files:

12. hthrun

Ebay:
    chest split

Since I had a spare Bee, I decided to give head split chest mod a try with a utility knife, just to see how it would turn out. As can be seen in the attached pics, the gap is pretty big. Doesn't look nearly as nice as savio's.

I think what I'll do is mod the other chest half as well. Then I'll have a set of split chest halves and a set of non-split ones (currently on my official Bee). They're easy (perhaps TOO easy) to take off, so I plan to use the split ones in robot mode and the others in car mode when I have them both handy. (I keep most of my accessories at work so my kids don't get them and because this is where I see my toys the most.)
    I'm doing something similar with the heads. My good Bee has Omega Prime's bead eye mod while my junker one doesn't. Down the road I think I'll try putting an LED in the junker head and then swap those around, too...

Attached Files:

13. hthrun

Ebay:
    collar

I really have to give you guys credit who were able to do the collar mod. That is TOUGH! First I tried cutting off collars from my junker Bee, but I did a horrible job. So I decided to use a couple of the spikes from the back of my junker Ravage, which is fitting because I used his lever for my HA Bumblebee collars. (This is now the fifth custom I've used him for.) I covered the pieces with some stock sticker paper Reprolabels sent me.

Then I was going to try attaching them using wires, similar to how it was done here, but I just could not get things to stay together. I eventually gave up and was about to just throw everything away. But then I decided to save the Ravage pieces just in case I tried this mod again.

A few minutes later the idea popped into my head to make them partsform. I used some small pieces I had left over from J.T. Silversmith's Jet Prime mods. At first I made them into clips and slid them on to BB's back, right where the hood was cut. But that looked too far away so I tried moving them closer to his face. I finally ended up with what I attached in the pics. I glued on those wires to slide in some small open areas and keep the collars in place.
    I haven't transformed him to car mode since, but I'm pretty sure the pieces will fit in the space between his arms and windshield.

I'll have to take a break from this guy before going onto the thigh mod, then I'll try some of the mods for his back. In the meantime, he's in need of some painting :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Having gotten to play with this for a few days now, this figure is amazing. Just simply amazing. It's the pride of my collection.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very nice man

16. onslaught314

onslaught314 Saxobot

News Credits:
    Can we still be expecting a custom kit for this Savio?

Or will Mr. Peaugh forever be a :scalper  ahah i jest i jest :) 

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm only a scalper if I try to sell it, and the only person I'd ever give this away to would be Savio himself if he ever wants it back!

18. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Hey all. Sorry I've been remiss in posting in this sub forum. In truth, Mr. Peaugh actually showed great support in helping with an urgent situation I faced, so I am truly grateful for his assistance. I would never ask for it back as it is a reminder to me of the great help to whom my family benefited! It belongs to him now.

As for the kit, I am still thinking about what to add or not to add to the kit. I've created 3 molds for many of the parts already, but I think not all modifications will be able to be included in the kit. The kit is already up to about a dozen parts, but it is most CERTAINLY in the works!

19. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

Saw the review. Want.

20. Mortg

Mortg New Member

From the review I saw from peaugh, I'm thinking this figure is one of the best out there, considering it is already better than battle blades bumblebee.
    Anyway, nice work!