DOTM will exceed $1,000,000,000

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, Jun 25, 2011.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    With the reviews of the 3D already being so amazing alone it will pull people in the theatre. Hopefully cracking a billion will keep Bay involved for a 4th movie. So many characters haven't been introduced, it could happen. You never know, money talks.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I won't count my chickens before they hatch. What will contribute to word-of-mouth is if people who go see it think it's cool or not. It's that simple - if the movie was cool, it's good, and we tell each other to go see it.

With that said, I won't bet a billion just yet. Will we exceed Transformers? Most likely. Revenge of the Fallen? Maybe. We have to be a seriously devoted fanbase, and all of us who loved this franchise must see it. That's what happened with Toy Story 3 last year. If I remember correctly, Toy Story made $800 million in a month or two - it took ROTF it's entire run to reach $834 million or so. And of course, nigh everyone loved Toy Story, so naturally word of mouth helped out there.

Don't aim too high or you'll risk being disappointed. Aim lower, so your expectations can be amazingly exceeded. I'm going to bet safely about $800 million. Will we reach $1 billion? It's possible, DEFINETLY possible.

3. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I agree with you. There is so much potential for more movies. But, hopefully peoples dislike for the second film wont keep them from seeing this one.

4. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The 4th one should be based on Cybertron!

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It would pretty much have to be, considering
    pretty much all the Transformers on Earth, except a few of the Autobots, end up dead in DotM.
    . A prequel on Cybertron would be cool.

6. Chopperface

News Credits:
    You're kidding, right?

7. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I agree it will exceed 1 billion since it over all has a bigger fan base then avatar and same or even better 3D. Also weren't you an extra during filming at some point? I think i remember you saying that. If so can you spot yourself out for us so we can look out for you :)  Thanks.

8. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

9. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    WOW! Great memory Phoenix! I was an extra in Detroit and I feel pretty confident about making the cut due to Bay himself directing us as to what we had to do and where to look and even what expressions to have on our faces! I will definately update you if I am seen in 3D! Thanks!

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While positive word of mouth and buzz can help the box office I'm not sure that breaking the one billion mark is a shoe in.

Many of the films that have made one billion had release dates that left them without any real competition. Avatar was released in December and was the only real big film until the spring. Titanic was another December release. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King another December release. It's not until Pirates that we get a summer release hitting the one billion mark. Which leaves only 3 other films to hit one billion so far.

Not saying Dark of the Moon can't hit one billion but I don't think it would be as easy for the film to hit that mark as people think it would be.

Plus Bay already has more money than he knows what to do with it so to lure Bay back I think they would have to offer more of an incentive than just a pay check.

11. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    If Avatar could do a billion despite being a boring, predictable mess story wise, then surely Transformers can do... But I just don't think DOTM has been marketed enough, especially the 3D aspect, to do Avatar money

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don't expect it to beat Avatar. Avatar was critically acclaimed and had word of mouth from the get go. Dark of the Moon for all its virtues has Revenge of the Fallen before it.

I am sure it will be respectable. I'm sure it will beat out RotF with ease, since it'll be considered a special effects tour de force that has to be experienced in person.

Plenty more robots out there in the galaxy who could find their way to Earth.

13. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF 3 will exceed $ 2,000,000,000.
    that's for sure.

14. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Hate to pick, but I'll remember that when we don't hit $2,000,000,000. Didn't you hear Sol? We have many obstacles in our way before two billion.

15. tokuformers

News Credits:
    you do not believe in the power transformers and in 3D.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't say that it for sure will. Thats a very difficult task. I hope it does though

17. tokuformers

News Credits:
    TF 3 will exceed $ 1,000,000,000. domestic + 1,000,000,000 foreign.
    what difficulty?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's the thing, ROTF was a critical flop, but it still did well and people still liked it.

19. tokuformers

News Credits:
    there is always a second chance.
    look for pirates 3 ​​and 4.
    after the pirates have left two three bad movies.
    Pirates 4 a bad movie with 3D weak and has raised more than 700 internationally.
    TF 3 will be much better than pirates 4 in all aspects.

20. Chopperface

News Credits:
    You're treating your own exaggerated hopes for DOTM as fact.

I'm trying to be realistic, and not blindly believing that DOTM will rule all. For one, there's Harry Potter coming out. The final Harry Potter. That DEFINETLY has a shot at a billion. Nothing ever beats Harry Potter, and we aren't beating a movie with that huge of a fanbase, maybe even bigger then ours.

Second, there will be moms who won't take their kids to another toilet humor, cussing robot fest like ROTF was. Third, there will always be the ignorant perverts who won't see the film because of Megan Fox's abscense.

Michael Bay isn't God, and the film isn't going to be Citizen Kane, The Social Network, or Toy Story 3. It will not break $2 billion. It's just unheard of, nigh impossible to attain that much money. I'm not being a downer, I'm thinking realistically. Avatar came out in December, when no film to oppose it came until maybe March or so. That's how it went and conquered, and garnered two billion dollars. We have Harry Potter, Kung Fu Panda, Pirates, and much more for competition.

Its just not going to happen, two billion dollars.