DOTM Voyager Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Axel990, May 17, 2011.

1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I had some question for all those who have recently purchased DOTM Voyagers, primarily Ironhide and Megatron. Here is what I'm looking to find out, hopefully someone could answer these questions for me as soon as possible:

Ironhide

1. How does DOTM Ironhide compare to the Deluxe DOTM Ratchet figure, both in vehicle and in robot mode?

2. How does Ironhide compare with Voyager Battle-Blades Optimus, again with vehicle and robot mode?

3. Do the arm cannons from TF1 VOY Ironhide attach to this new Ironhide or no? (I plan on replacing his Mech-Tech with these)

Megatron

1. How does he compare with other Decepticon toys? Is he smaller than any he normally would be larger than?

2. Again with Voyager Battle-Blade Optimus, how does he compare in height as well as in vehicle mode?

If anyone could supply pictures as well so I may see for myself, that'd be highly appreciated. Thank you, TFW2005 members.

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Megatron looks to be the tallest of the wave 1 voaygers. I think he's on par with BBOP.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    That's good to hear. Hate to have him be smaller, but a little bit bigger that Prime would be ok.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Agreed. I, too hope to use him with my BBOP until I decide which DOTM one to get.

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    OK, Megatron is a truck w/ trailer, right? and Optimus is just a truck (I'm talking robot mode only), so wouldn't Megatron be a WHOLE lot bigger than Prime?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Depends.

Prime is a hellabig truck. Megatron may be smaller, so they could match pretty well.

7. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

DOTM Megatron is just a little too small. In bot mode BBOP is a bit taller, a bit heftier too (though megs carries all his heft in his legs). In the alt modes I find megatron is even a bit smallish next to the old ROTF/HFTD scouts.

I know Megatron's Mack truck design is smaller than Prime's Peterbilt....but jesus it shouldn't be THAT much smaller, no?

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not in scale. Prime's toy is just the truck cab. Megatron is truck and trailer. At the same pricepoint.

Megatron would have to be Ultra or Leader Class (or probably somewhere in between) to be in proper scale with BBOP.

9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    That's why I'd like to see some images of the two.

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Deluxe Optimus Prime might fit in better to scale in vehicle form with Voyager Megatron's vehicle form. I don't know about the robot mode.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm sure the robot mode will be too short, but I don't care in this case.

I also may just get both of their Cyberverse Action Sets. I really like Truckatron vs. Optimus...

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I have Megs leading my ROTF decepticons and he looks neat next to the voyagers (Mixmaster, Payload(longhaul) and Banzaitron) For example Payload looks like the brute he is next to him, and Mixmaster is shorter but wider (well, though mixie is always sort of crouching). I'd say his scale is perfect in robot mode if you have him with voyagers and deluxes.

All of that goes to hell in truck mode, but it couldn't be helped really, 'cause of him being a truck+trailer in one. You get a neat looking truck but the cab by itself is about scout-sized.

13. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

yeah, I know they're not in scale. I was referencing general toy height in comparison to each other. though I probably wasn't very clear.

yeah, I think BBOP looks great with my scouts and deluxe ironhide (and soon also my deluxe crankcase, huzzah!)

I think Deluxe Prime should look just about right next to DOTM Megs...

I wonder if a Leader Megatron would end up looking too big next to BBOP and my scouts though. I'd hope not.

14. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    What about DOTM Ironhide? Any info regarding him?

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't compare Ironhide to the Deluxe Ratchet, I don't own him, but Ironhide's taller than all of the DOTM Deluxes I do own.

Can't compare him with BBOP, but side by side, they look to be the same size.

Yes, the cannons do work in robot mode. The right one's a little loose, but they do hold.

16. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:

Thats good to hear about the cannons, thank you.