DOTM VOYAGER Fireburst Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by T16skyhopp, May 24, 2011.

1. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Doesn't wear nightcaps

I just did TCracker's combination with my Fireburst Prime and Lazerbeak. Wow, this toy went from awesome to epic. I also love the light piping on this guy. The mix of blue and red is fantastic.

I took some pics of mine...nowhere near the quality of TCracker's, but I am still proud.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      248.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      332.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      235.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      395.7 KB
      Views:
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Attached some photos I took of my BLAZING(Fireburst) OPTIMUS PRIME.

Enjoy! :) 

Attached Files:

3. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I'm quite enjoying this fig, very glad I found him this weekend! The axe is really cool, and fun to pose with, I gotta do the laserbeak combo next!

I followed suit with a few others and wiped the blue paint off his eyes, which I think makes the toy even better. The only real trouble I have is keeping the truck cab together in alt mode.

Other than that, I'm glad I waited for this repaint than the wave 1 voyager.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I wasn't entirely sure I was going to get the Voyager Prime from DotM at all until I saw this guy. I have mixxed feelings about him, but on the whole, good toy.

I love the gun/axe... of course, the axe only works if you're looking at it from the side. But it's very neat.

I like the deco on this guy a lot more than the normal voyager Prime. Kinda wish it was black/red, but the dark blue works. It's still obviously Prime, but the colors work to differentiate him from my RotF Leader Prime.

As far as the toy itself, while it's by no means bad, he's my least favorite voyager so far (out of Prime, Skyhammer, Shockwave and Megatron). The proportions are kinda funky... the legs are so long as compared to his torso. I'm also not a really big fan of having the wheels on the insides of his arms, but I guess that can't be helped.

Anyways, while I'm not totally wowed by the mold, I still kinda like it. I definitely think this is the better of the two current decos of this mold.

5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just transformed mine into truck mode, makes a sweet mission partner for Nitro BB but will look hotter sitting next to Cyberfire BB. Red windows awesome.

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    As said by others, this will be my Movie Nemisis Prime/Scourage. Just need to add a few minor paint details and he will be perfect with Optimus, Sentinel and Malleus (my skyhammer turned into one of the Lost Primes)

7. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime does make a good combo with LaserBeak wings...
    [​IMG]

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Zephon, what is the blue cannon-thing coming over Prime's head/shoulder?

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's target master optimus prime from TFC.

10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Picked this guy up today after hunting for a few days. He's the first of this mold I've gotten, and I have to say that this paint job makes the mold so much better. The axe is a nice plus too. Fun transformation, I love how the flame lightning looks in truck mode. Probably gonna hunt for Laserbeak later this week to attach to his back. And just because Laserbeak's badass.

11. NFossil

NFossil Well-Known Member

Laserbeak Prime convinced me to start looking for these two. This is basically voyager jetwing prime!

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Finally found him today, guess what? His gun was missing along with four regular Dotm Primes

13. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Well if it makes you feel better, I found one today and the mechtech weapon was broken....just like the one I bought months back..lol

14. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Fireburst OP the other day - not bad, though not quite the excellent quality of Shockwave or Skyhammer. The transformation is interesting enough, and the weapon is just great.

I had my Laserbeak all ready to make Voyager Jetwing Prime, and that's pretty decent too - I actually like Laserbeak on Shockwave's back a little better, but the colors are off.

The way I figured out to do it, you keep Laserbeak in VTOL mode, but for Prime you need something to stabilize between the two panels, so I folded the jet nose all the way down. The pegs on the feet can position nicely to peg into the back holes, and the tail can be transformed and positioned so that the silver forked part goes on either side of Prime's head like some sort of control harness. The wings can then be folded out for flight.

What's interesting is that there is a way to store Laserbeak in Prime's truck mode too. Notice in truck mode that the back of the cab is a bit hollow - you can wedge the nose of the jet into that space, and it stays in there pretty nicely. You need to fold Laserbeak's feet behind him in order for this to work. I'm not sure what advantages having wings or VTOL jets would give him in truck mode, but it's something to do.

Tim
    "toy geek"

15. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    want. NOW.

16. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Got mine yesterday; Weapon crapped up and broke, So it's supergluded in axe mode. also removed the eye paint, and I like it better, looks like he's possessed.

17. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely love this figure and I took advantage of the $5 of coupon stuff that was goin on at K-mart yet they must have somthing against me because they charged me an extra $1 of tax

18. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might have to pick this guy up, as he looks absolutely amazing! A lovely repaint! And I'll probably steal TheNames9's idea and use him as Nemesis Prime in my movie Collection.

And what's the deal with his eyes? Do some come painted, and others not, or are people removing the paint themselves?

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We're removing the paint ourselves.

20. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

The one thing that was a major disappointment on both of these Primes is that his 'eyeball' isn't painted a different color.