Dotm voy megatron is unusually small

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ickzer1, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ickzer1

ickzer1 Well-Known Member

Finally found him and he is really small. Even for a voyager class which all got smaller megs just seems like a runt.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It's mostly the head and upper torso, but might also be a slight case of Blackout/Bulkhead syndrome. Comparing DOTM Voy. Megatron to Voy. Shockwave, they're approximately the exact same height, with or without the cloak.

My biggest problem is that the head is so freaking SMALL. If it was bigger by just a small bit then he wouldn't look so odd with his body proportions. That's why I keep his cloak on him, it makes his head look bigger.

3. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    If you look at all the DOTM Voyagers, they are all a little bit smaller than previous Voyagers. I reason this out as they had to take a little bit of "meat" out of the robot to make up for the engineering/plastic in the MechTech weapons. I don't mind this, though, as we knew that the movie line always has to carry some kind of gimmick. Most of the time the gimmick ends up in the robot and tends to hinder the toy, but with MechTech being completely removable, they could maintain the integrity of the robot toy, albeit a little smaller.

As for Megatron, I really do like the Voyager, but I'm still holding out hope for a Leader class Megatron with a shot-gun weapon.

4. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Looks better with the cloak on, its such a nice figure in both modes though, I cant complain. He looks great alonside other decepticon voyagers though

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

DotM Voyager Megatron isn't a bad toy, but it totally fails to capture the proportions of the character. I think someone got excited that they could bust out the G1 broad chest out of a truck alt mode. Problem is, that's not actually what Movie Megs looks like. One of the few figures that I prefer in alt mode.

The head is just icky.

So yes, he *feels* small, though his alt mode is really long. Compare that with DotM Shockwave. You can pose Shockwave with RotF Voyagers and he looks like he belongs, 100%. You'd have to bust out a scale or a ruler to find a difference there.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The DOTM toys in general are small. Might be because of their mech-tech weapons, IDK

7. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup, head is too small, arms are very thin too and no shotgun either.