DOTM Toys have outdone themselves

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xformermike, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

sorry, I didn't meant NO balljoints xD I meant no balljoints in arms or legs... they have in shoulders and hips, but no more balljoints (I wanted to have Crankcase flipping the bird in a badass pose, not with his arm in an akward postion but well...)

and Starscream is not yet released here, sadly :(  (maybe in august...)

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Isn't Starscream in Wave 1 w/Crankcase? I gotta ask, where "Here" is?

3. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree.

The downsizing is a bit of a disappointment, but other then that, it's an over all great line.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I've enjoyed the line so far.

5. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I cant completely agree with this...

Yea, the plastic quality is OK. If your used to buying KOs, it must be outstanding...

I guess we take it for granted...

But ROTF had better designs toy wise. Leader Prime, Leader Starscream, HA Bumblebee, BB Bumblebee, Sidearm Sideswipe the list goes on!

And the MT guns are a waste for me.

DOTM is far from over. So lets hope I'm wrong about the underwhelminf DOTM figs...

So far I am impressed by Sentinal Prime...

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm liking it so far.

I really like Megatron, Shockwave and Sideswipe alot.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    DOTM is certainly turning out some real winners. It's taking the innovations from ROTF but dropping the needlessly complicated conversions.

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The figures themselves are good, but I wish they hadn't had to be downsized, and it seems like the quality of paint apps has decreased. Not only are we getting fewer of them (figures such as Roadbuster and Sideswipe being especially lacking), it also seems like paint-related QC errors are pretty common. Most Roadbusters I've seen have bad white paint, and I've seen badly painted things on other figures in stores, such as Jolt. The lime green paint on my Topspin also looks weird, like it was badly applied by hand, or like it was a little watery.

9. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I thought DOTM line wins in the exclusives category, Walmart Race Cars like Sideswipe, Target deluxe Space Case and Jazz repaint (Ricochet), TRU scan series, and the Burger King toys, etc.

10. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

Am I the only one who LIKED the downsizing??? I thought that downsizing them made the details on them appear more fine in quality... There seems to be lacks of detail in toys that are too large in size. Probably a cost issue... Either way though I thought the downsizing was nice... I like my Transformers a nice small size with lots of details like the takara car robots from 84.

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

no, Starscream is wave 2 :p , and "here" is Chile (hasbro chile sucks!)

12. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how much I like this line. Yes downsizing sucks, but these guys have their charms and look good together

I got Leader Bee (His leg snapped above the knee but that is a glaring design flub. It was simple to fix) Deluxe Sideswipe (Loose elbow, nothing serious) Deluxe Jolt (Floppy arm, slightly annoying. I wish his shoulders pegged in place), other than that good QC. I have Deluxe Crankcase (Unclipped version thank goodness), Deluxe Barricade, Deluxe Bee, Leader Sentinel and two HA Backfires.

I'm planning to get another Sideswipe (I love that gun), two more Crankcases, Ratchet, Two Laserbeaks (Love the guns, and I will keep one combined on Fireburst prime) Skids and Mudflap, Voyager Shockwave (Two, keeping one in the box), Skyhammer, Fireburst Prime and Leader Ironhide. May get HA Roadbuster to sit in the box until we get a mechanized version on Leadfoot

13. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's been more hits than misses. TBH the only disaster is the Voyager Prime mold. the HFTD Voyager Prime makes a mockery of the DotM Voyager, like its such a step back, its almost chillin with Beast Machines.

Normally one stinker in a line wouldn't be a big deal, but this is optimus we're talking about here, and the mold has been used like 4 times. But that's the only weak spot really.

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The vehicle sculpting and painting leaves a little to be desired by me.

I haven't collected movie toys since the 2007 film, and even then, the sculpts are pretty good (though the 2007 LC OP looks sooo old when you see where the LC OP from ROTF went).

I haven't seen a decent Bee in car sculpt yet that made me as excited for Bee's 2007 appearance. I'm still trying to figure their reasoning why Bee in 2011's sculpt needs that rally netting on his windows.

As well, what is up with Sideswipe's paintjob? Why couldn't they give him the silver/shiny-stuff we've seen in his previous incarnations?

At this point, I'm holding my breath for the HA sculpts, hoping their versions of characters like Bee will be a vast improvement, and take me back to when I was on that Chicago street and Bee pulled up in an open space right next to me.