DOTM toyline question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave22, May 18, 2011.

1. Shockwave22

Shockwave22 Well-Known Member

Will Hasbro make mirage and wheeljack and Soundwave toys from the movie?
    I haven't seen any info if there upcoming release or not/

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Only time will tell... and walmart computers.

3. Shockwave22

i would think they would, be kinda dumb with how well the movie toys sell

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yes, they definitely will. We've barely just seen the first three, maybe four waves. There's already been listings that either confirm, or heavily hint towards them getting Deluxe class figures. Soundwave by name, Mirage as "European sports car", and Wheeljack as "luxury car".

5. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We'll probably get a lot more info at Botcon. Considering movie toylines usually last 18 months - 2+ years, there are waves of toys that are yet to come, which we have not heard any info about.

Seeing as how we got the Toaster from ROTF, it's a safe bet we'll see Mirage, Wheeljack, and Soundwave.

-Silvershot

6. Shockwave22

I heard a rumor once about soundwave be a human alliance (30.00 size ones) that would be awesome, and have you noticed no leader decepticons???

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    They said No and that you should stop asking.

Actually there's a Human Alliance Soundwave.

I'd imagine we'll know more after Botcon.

No. Leader. Decepticons. YET.

8. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

No, no I haven't.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Botcon will reveal wonderful things.

10. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

When is bot con?

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There was a listing a while back for one (so closer to fact than rumor). He's got at least three new molds on the way for this line (HA, Deluxe, & Legion).

This. Seriously, taking into consideration the fact Ironhide was shown earlier than anyone would have expected (especially compared to when Jetfire was shown in '09), and the rumor that we'll see more Leader class figures this year, makes me believe that we could actually see a new Leader Megatron later this year. I'm not holding my breath for it, but I am anxiously waiting for Botcon.

June 2nd-5th.

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    For the movie line, autobots tend to sell better so all autobots usually end up as toys. Autobot toys are also used to advertise real car models so they are more profitable. I believe the parents prefer to buy the good guys for the children.
    Soundwave is a mercedes so I expect lots of soundwave toys.
    The Driller probably won't be a high priority for Hasbro.
    Shockwave does not become a branded car so I won't expect too much about shockwave.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Remember, people, the line just started. It's gonna run for a long time. We'll get probably multiple versions of each character, don't worry.

14. Shockwave22

I would so love a leader shockwave, id buy 3 lol One as robot, one as alt mode, one to stay in box :) 

15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I actually think the reason for NO Leader Decepticons is Hasbro is waiting for the movie to be in full swing before they announce Megs and Shockwave in leader size.Also see below the reason.

In the first movie we got 3 leader class figures,Optimus Prime,Megatron,and Brawl.
    In ROTF we 4 figures,Optimus Prime,Jetfire,Megatron,then later on Starscream,tho in HFTD packaging.

So it would seem that with each movie the leader size number goes up by 1,so I expect we might just get 5 this go-round,and since we know of three so far of Sentinel,Bee,and Ironhide,that they have atleast 1 more leader size figure to fill,but myself I think they are gonna try to outdo thereselves and do 5. So I just say wait and see.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    It is entirely possible that Megatron might end up a spring 2012 offering, rather than in 2011. It would certainly be a good incentive to keep retailers buying the assortment as movie hype rolls down.

Actually, I view as highly unlikely we'll see DotM product beyond next spring (even then, I'm iffy on that given Hasbro will be starting to push TF Prime merchandise this fall).
    Unless wildly successful, most movie toylines have a shelf life of about 6-9 months these days. At which point the line (if it is continued) rebrands to extend its offerings. Even still...yeah, we are still apt to get another 4-5 waves (at least) in the deluxe assortment alone. If a robot is in the film, Hasbro has a toy in the pipeline.

Revenge of the Fallen AND TF 1 toylines only ran for a year. That doesn't mean Hasbro won't integrate movie inspired products with new brandings (see gold box, which had both movie AND Classics-inspired toys), but few lines actually exist for 12 months or more without some degree of rebranding .

17. Shockwave22

Shockwave is my fav (gamertag is named after him too lol) i would love to see him as a leader

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    The big flaw in that arguement is Starscream. Regardless of his design or when he was designed, he was NOT a Revenge of the Fallen release. HftD (or gold box to cover everything) is a COMPLETELY seperate line and branding. Plus he came out more than six months after the last RotF leader release (Shadow Command Megatron).

Which also raises another point: people seem to forget that this is Hasbro. Hasbro WILL repaint these mothers. IN fact, your list completely fails to mention the numerous redecos that were produced (or NOT produced in the case of RotF).
    Movie 1 had SEVEN leader figures: Megatron, Prime, Brawl, Nightwatch Prime, Desert Brawl, Premium Prime, Premium Megatron
    RotF only had FOUR leader releases: Prime, Megatron, Jetfire, Shadow Command Megatron.

Will we get another leader? Maybe, and it will probably be an Optimus of some sort. But Hasbro WILL get their money out of the expensive leader molds, and if Mechtech is not carried forward, there is even MORE pressure to make as much off the molds as they can.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Speaking of which... I wonder where's the Leader 'screamer repaint? That would kick major ass.

I'm hoping to finally see Soundwave revealed, maybe in Botcon.

20. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    As am I. I've already bought the toys from the currently released waves that I wanted. Now I just await the arrival of 4 more deluxe toys.

I'm curious as to how HA Soundwave will look. I wonder is Hasbro will do what they've been doing lately with some HA toys and include a human figure, as well as a smaller transformer (in this case, Laserbeak). If they don't do that, then I hope Hasbro has plans for a Cyberverse Laserbeak.