DotM toyline: Mainline, or Cyberverse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bountyan, Oct 2, 2011.

?

Main line vs Cyberverse

1. I have more fun collecting main line toys

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I have more fun collecting cyberverse toys

24 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. I happily collect both, I don't significantly prefer one over the other

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. I don't collect Dark of the Moon toys

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have mainline and Cyberverse, but honestly Cyberverse interests me more. I'm more and more interested in Cyberverse releases than I am of the main line.

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I do have a Cyberverse Hatchet, but I added it to my main line.

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I also consider Cyberverse part of my mainline,they are pretty close to movie accuracy as you can get even tho they weren't in the movie except Hatchet but although he was an SUV in DOTM I don't mind Hasbro changing him to a jet for the CV line.

Also some people on here say they don't like the Legends/Legions figures I am one who loves the he** out of those little guys,for one they are cheap on the wallet for only $5,and the other is with space issues these things take up a lot less space than say Ultimate Prime.Granted they are not as detailed as most of the deluxes and so forth but they sure as he** make up for that in playability.Lastly I also like to consider them as the US's worlds smallest tf line since safety laws would prohibit the actual WST's to be brought here.That is all.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Have no interest in legends figures so only main line even though mech techs ruin most of them.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Cyberverse, easily.

I think I have... two mainline DotM figures, at the moment.

I like Legends size, and the Cyberverse has a lot of detail. The Commanders are genuinely good figures, and most importantly, there's variety. You can sum up about 80% of the mainline as "Car/truck, with guns on it." Not only does Cyberverse actually have other alt-modes, they've got the other playsets and what have you giving even more variety. Don't get me wrong, I love the mainline figures I have, but the truth is I haven't even come close to making a third Deluxe purchase (though I will buy Darksteel).

Cyberverse has the first reasonably priced Prime with trailer figure in a while, Scorpion Targetmasters, a fighter-jet-turned-gargoyle with combining guns/drones, a lunar-rover upgrade for a humvee (with attachable GIANT claw), a Cybertronian fighter jet that turns into an aircraft carrier, Roadbuster with a chainsaw that can be effectively used in vehicle mode... it beats the mainline, which has, last I checked, two planes, one Laserbeak, one helicopter, and one space tank. Everything else is cars with guns... which is honestly a bit boring. And even that, Cyberverse does better (EG Ratchet and Roadbuster).

6. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

Agreed. Dont forget the ark playset as well. That's wonderful and my autobit figures are nicely displayed inside the ark in base mode

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Mainline. There's one or two decent Cyberverse Commanders, but overall they're just plain too small for me.

8. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    I like the mainline best, although I also like Cyberverse too.

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I prefer main line toys; they seem to have more heft for the money, and I just like the size more overall.
    That said, most of DOTM fails to interest me.

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyberverse for me. They're cute and full of fun. The Cyberverse line has also given us some of the most remarkable engineering I've seen so far, especially in the Commander class, such as a really fun Megatron, Hatchet and Blackout. Even the Legion class toys have upped the ante from previous Legends figures, with jaw-dropping figures like Crowbar and Roadbuster. Their cheaper price makes them easier to collect too. I see the Cyberverse slowly becoming my focus in future Transformers lines.

The MechTech line is not bad, but I'm not very excited about it. It seems mostly a retread of previous ideas, as if Hasbro did not really go all out for it. We didn't get many Voyagers, the Leaders were not the most exciting and they seemed to have shied away from original non-screen characters with a few exceptions like Skyhammer. There aren't many new releases on the horizon to look forward to. However probably the most disappointing thing for me was the fact that the ROTF and 2007 movie lines were so much more exciting back then compared to DOTM now.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I buy transformers for their engineering; on that scale there are things they simply cannot do. So I go for mainline

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes I like the Cyberverse lines - I think the Prime ones are going to be even better too.

13. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

I have been buying and enjoying both the mainline and Cyberverse.

Cyberverse has been a very, very pleasant surprise.

14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I actually stopped buying movie mainline to concentrate on Cyberverse. For some reason, the little figures always held a special place in my heart.
    Even before Cyberverse, I collected as many legends and minicons as I could get a hold of (see the Cyberverse Appreciation thread for proof).

And this (dated) picture:
    [​IMG]

Sure, I'll pick up a movie deluxe or voyager if the figure warrants it, but with TF-Prime coming out soon, I imagine I'll go mainline Cyberverse and mainline.

Decisions, decisions...

15. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to collect just Cyberverse stuff (much easier to fit on a shelf, easier on the wallet, and fun), but then stuff like DOTM Laserbeak, Topspin, and Skyhammer are made.

So yeah, I collect both.

16. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Bought Leader Sentinel today... I Like the Cyberverse version better.

With TFPrime I'll stick to the Cybervers stuff with a few exceptions like Zombie TF's, or really interesting exclusive to the mainline size classes.

17. BumbleBee75

BumbleBee75 Well-Known Member

I don't own any Deluxe or Voyager toys from DOTM. After seeing this thread I'm going to collect the Cyberverse line.

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i happily buy both lines

19. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Cyberverse wouldn't work for me. Yeah, i'm not the "scale freak" that i was two years ago, but i still need it to be complex, fully poseable "one hell of a toy" to ignore the (not absurdly) wrong size, like Rts Lugnut, Hftd Bludgeon, Payload etc. While i can see they can be fun for some people, Cyberverse toys are not something i enjoy looking at in a shelf or desk, let alone "playing with". They are too simple in my opinion for an adult, even if he's a "toy collector".

And, yeah, they're pretty expensive here (6$-legions, 12$-commanders) considering what you get in return.

I very much like Scout (and therefore HA Basic) size class tho, given that the figure has a "passable" vehicle mode relative to his size class (for ex: motorcycle, forklift, unmanned drone jet, dune buggy like in Rotf and Dotm HA basics line.)

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You should check out Hatchet and Guzzle before you decide that none of them are complex or one hell of a toy.