DotM Toyline... A Premium Future

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Heat Blast, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

With the lack of paint on these figures, could this be a possible setup for a Premium-like line down the road?

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I'd say no. Everyone had expected a Premium line for ROTF, but it didn't happen. The reason we had the first Premium line was because retailers wanted more movie product to hold them over until Animated, and since Prime toys will be running alongside the DOTM line (no way that line's only going to last six months) they have no excuse this time.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    If you want movie acurrate toys I would recommend looking at what Takara has to offer they are doing masterpiece versions of Sentinal Prime and Ironhide and probably some deluxes and voyagers will get better paint jobs as well.

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    A whole Premium line, no - for the reasons Ribieconvoy stated above. I certainly expect a handful of repaints as exclusives or later wave filler, and wouldn't be surprised if some of them are essentially "Premium" versions.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's more likely that some of Takara's releases (not just the Movie "Masterpiece" releases) with more accurate paint decos as opposed to a new Premium line.

6. alephnull2005

alephnull2005 Banned

I'd say more than likely, but not at the big box retailers, this being the third film and possibly the last before a serious overhaul(mike bay is not making another one to be done in time for 2013 like Hasbro wants, and Hasbro needs to learn the wax and wan of movies cycles are not the same as toy cycles) but anyway count on Hasbro to milk this one for all it's worth to hedge their bets(think the POTC movies, 300m, 420m, 300m, add in all the bad press the last one got and rising production costs, and the only profit comes from the toys and overseas ticket sales.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The circumstances that resulted in the first movie premium line won't be happening this time around (and did not happen during the ROTF run, and did not happen during the HFTD/RTS filler-line run). A few "superior" repaints coming down the pipe in form of exclusives/imports/whatever is always a possibility though.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I hope not. Besides, their release planning is going to be much better this time around.