DOTM - The Unknowns

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by alphie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Blade Runner is flipping amazing, Hex! Thank you!

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 7

Three Months Later

For the last several weeks the new Autobots had problems adjusting to Optimus Prime's leadership. Neither of them had respect for the commander which led to several vocal and physical arguments. In one instant Sideswipe was actually put into the infirmary after having a confrontation with Naito. This irratated Lennox who had hoped Sonicblaze's team would join NEST.

Currently he sat on a table bouncing a rubberband ball from hand to hand. In front of him, in vehicle mode was Optimus Prime. He could tell the Autobot commander was frustrated at Sonicblaze and his apparent lack of respect for all in NEST.

Epps sat down at the table with a loud sigh and shook his head. "It's been three months, you think Sonicblaze will ever work with us?"

Lennox shook his head. "They're different...." His gaze shifted to Beltline who was still being treated for severe burns caused when his shuttle crash landed to Earth. "Maybe it's because of their past and what another Prime did to them."

Blade Runner came into the hanger, his large sword slung across his back as though he was ready for battle. He took one look at Lennox, let out a loud huff then preceeded to head towards his side of the hanger. The older Transformer reminded Lennox so much of Ironhide it was almost eerie.

"Things have been way too quiet out there. You think this Mirror Blade is really out there, planning something?"

"Not real sure, but seeing as ten people in Nebraska reported their cars missing at the same time is too much of a coincidence." Lennox stared at the energon tanks stored near the back wall of the hanger. "If that is true, Mirror Blade has developed a way to live on gasoline."

Epps shook his head. "Then why wait now. Why not do something before Optimus Prime came to Earth and Megatron woke from his slumber?"

"He's a thinker, not a doer." Both men looked up to see Echo standing before them, his tall frame nearly blocking out all light from behind him. "Unlike Mimic, who can be a bit irrational his brother will wait till the perfect opportunity arises. With Megatron, Starscream and Sentinel now gone that time has come." He shook his head. "And with Delta on their team I fear they have developed a way to thrive off of the fuel found on Earth."

"Where the hell did you come from?" Epps did a quick look around the hanger before bringing his attention back to the large Transformer. "While your at base we might just have to put some bells on you."

Lennox rolled his eyes, jumped off the table and made his way to Perceptor's
    work station. "Who is this Delta you all keep talking about?"

Perceptor put down his tools before bringing his attention to the humans. "He was the prodigy of Shockwave. Back when he was an Autobot he and I worked in the same lab. Lets just say his smarts could be why Mirror Blade was able to conceal himself for so many years."

A loud commotion brought everbody's attention to the Autobot training area. Soon Lennox heard the all too familiar sound of metal hitting metal. Wonder who was fighting this time?

"You take that back!" It was Bumblebee's radio speak and he didn't sound too happy. "Ratchet...doing...best he can!"

Optimus Prime quickly trasnformed and ran towards the two Autobots who were fighting. "Break it up you two!"

By the time Lennox made it to the fight, everybody in the hanger was now watching. Great, this was not the way to boost morale.

"Okay, you two break it up!" Shouted Optimus, his voice booming over the commotion. "We're all part of the same team, so lets start acting like it!"

"We are not the same team!" Mimic stepped up to Optimus, his blue optics flaring with anger. "Sonicblaze is our commander, not you!"

Optimus shook his head as he stabbed a finger into Mimic's chest. "You've crossed the line, Mimic. Wreckers, put him in the brig."

"What!" Mimic began to fight Roadbuster and Topspin as they took hold of his arms. "You can't do this! Sonicblaze, do something!"

Sonicblaze stepped up to Optimus, a scowl on his face. "You do not order my men around!" His body began to glow brighter causing all who knew him to take a step back. "You better release Mimic now."

"Sonicblaze, calm down!" Blade Runner pushed his way past Optimus in order to get to Sonicblaze. "Please, before it gets too late."

"No, they need to learn that we are different from them!"

Blade Runner let out a loud yell before slamming a fist into Sonicblaze's face. The Autobot's optics blinked several times before he slumped to the ground.

Roadbuster released his hold on Mimic, confusion evident on his face. "Why the bloody hell did you do that for?"

"Because if I didn't he would have killed everybody within ten miles of this place." Blade Runner bent down, scooped Sonicblaze into arms then went up to Optimus. "Shockwave placed an EMP device into his chest cavity. Any time he experiences emotion like stress or anger, it'll go off."

Epps hands went into the air, his eyes wide at the news. "Woah, why weren't we told about this before?"

Mimic shrugged away from Topspin so he could follow Blade Runner towards their side of the hanger. Neither answered Epps question which worried Lennox. Why wouldn't they tell anybody about Sonicblaze's ability? Why keep it a secret?

XXXX

As Sonicblaze's team took care of him, Optimus Prime went over to Ratchet and Beaker who was working on Beltline. Thanks to a unique nanobot treatment created by Perceptor the young Autobot's burns were healing rather nicely. Soon he'll be in full working order and able to rejoin his team.

Ratchet shook his head as he applied a metal mesh to Beltline's chest armor. "What is wrong with your commander?" He asked the young Transformer.

Beltline let out a deep sigh, his optics showing deep sadness. "He killed a whole platoon of Autobots, leaving one soul survivor...."

"You." Optimus finished for Beltline. "But how did you live?"

"Wish I knew." Beltline's good hand went to his spark cavity, his fingers gently tracing the tubes that came out of it. "But it led to this."

An alarm began to sound throughout the base causing all who knew its meaning to look at each other. Optimus Prime quickly made his way to the command center to see Lennox standing on the catwalk with Director Mearing beside him.

"An energon detector in Kansas City has gone off!" Director Mearing went towards a large monitor showing the exact location of all the sensors on a satellite image. "Optimus, I want your team to check it out! As for Sonicblaze," She paused to bring her attention to the group of Autobots who stood away from the others. "Because of your actions for the last few months I want your team to stay here till further notice."

Sonicblaze shook his head. "I will not follow your orders, human."

Director Mearing didn't look at all happy and Optimus knew she was about to have it out with Sonicblaze. Ever since she met the younger commander she never did like him.

"While you and your team is with NEST, you will follow our rules!"

"We have never been part of this group of yours and never will be."

"Then why come here in the first place?"

Sonicblaze pointed a finger at Echo. "Him." He then turned his attention to Optimus. "I can't believe you allow these humans to run your team."

Optimus ran a hand down his face frustrated that Sonicblaze was actually trying to argue during an emergency. "Listen, lets just put this aside for now. We have an alarm in Kansas City we need to take care of."

Lennox nodded in agreement as he held a remote towards the television. "Sonicblaze, since Trace and Windcharger are in Kansas City as guardians I would like for them to check out what is really going on."

Sonicblaze nodded his head. "Fine, we'll help out but just this once."

Kansas City

Even though Jeremy Barnheart got to meet the Autobots his life was still rather uneventful. After the government released the farm he once again started to get it ready for sale. With Phoenix's help they managed to clear most of the overgrown brush making the farm presentable again. Now all they had to do was hold an estate sale to get rid of most of the items that had been left behind.

Currently Jeremy found himself going through a small shack near the house seeing if there was anything of value hidden inside. Most of what he found was old tools that were so rusty he couldn't even figure out what they were. After chucking those in a scrap metal bin he went back for the salvagable items.

As he was digging through a milk crate of tractor parts he heard the all too familiar footsteps of Trace. Ever since their meeting, Trace has not left the brother's sides. In fact, Sonicblaze assigned him and Windcharger as guardians in the hopes they could keep an eye out for Mirror Blade. So far things have been quiet but that could all change by tomorrow.

Jeremy came out of the shack with a dried up garden hose and chucked it in the trash bin. "What's going on?"

Trace knelt down to get a better look at Jeremy, his one good optic showing concern. "An energon signal went off near Kansas City. Sonicblaze would like for Windcharger and I to go check it out."

"You think it might be Mirror Blade?"

"I know for a fact that it is." Trace took a deep breath before standing back up to his full height. "I would like for you two to come with us."

"I'll go but I'm not real sure about Phoenix. Ever since our parents died in Chicago its been tough for him to except you guys as allies."

Trace nodded. "Understandable, but I am not wanting to leave you two here alone."

"Why is that?"

"Because I do not trust his actions. You and Phoenix are close to me and he might already know that. He might do something to you two in the hopes of drawing the Autobots out."

Jeremy shook his head. "Exactly what you did to get NEST to Kansas City." He took a deep breath, pulled off his work gloves then used a towel to wipe the sweat off his face. "When do we leave?"

Nebraska

Inside an old cement mine, which had been labrously converted through the years to a base of sorts, Mirror Blade's team prepared themselves for battle. Currently Mirror Blade found himself standing in front of a large television monitor so he could study the enemy named, NEST. According to reports, NEST was a highly functional, secretive human organzization that had partnered with the Autobots. Which meant they now knew how to fight Cybertronian lifeforms.

"Commander Mirror Blade, everyone is ready to move out." Said Throttle, a young Decepticon who had joined his forces just cycles before leaving Cybertron. "Delta is currently over Kansas City to implement stage one."

"Thank you, Throttle." Mirror Blade switched to internal comm-links. "Delta, is the team in place?"

"Yes, we are ready to move whenever you give the word, Commander."

An evil smile spread across Mirror Blade's face as he switched to a live bird's eye view of downtown Kansas City. "Tell the forces to began, but don't do anything drastic. This is only to shake things up."

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 8

Kansas City

It took Trace and Windcharger only twenty minutes to reach the first energon signal which was located just outside downtown. As they approached all were aware of how quiet the roads were. There was no traffic to be seen, it was as though the humans were already in hiding.

Jeremy leaned forward to get a better view through the windshield. "Something isn't right, where are all the vehicles?"

"I'm not detecting any Decepticon signatures." Trace did another brief scan just to be sure but got nothing. "Windcharger, you got anything?"

"Not yet, all is quiet."

Trace took a deep breath as he parked in front of an abandoned building. "Something isn't right, but I cannot figure it out." His attention went to a late-model Chevy Corvette sitting in an empty parking lot. "Windcharger, you see that yellow car?"

"Yeah, I do." Trace could see Windcharger drive by the vehicle then abruptly stop. "Trace, it has Nebraska tags!"

"Slag it!" Trace sprang the driver's side door open so Jeremy could get out. "Let NEST know that there are Decepticons within the city limits!"

The yellow Corvette transformed into a Decepticon named, Torsion. Trace knew Torsion, in fact both had fought in the gladitorial pits back on Cybertron. Of course they never met in the fights for if they did one of them would be dead.

"Trace! What a surprise to see you!" Said Torsion in their native tongue. "I have heard you are an excellent fighter! Now is the time to prove it!"

After Jeremy jumped out of Trace he frantically looked around for Phoenix who had been with Windcharger. He eventually spotted his brother running between two parked cars, away from Windcharger who had transformed into his robotic form. Right next to him was Frankie, who never left Phoenix's side when they were out in public.

"Frankie, over here!" The dog brought his attention to Jeremy then gently nipped at Phoenix's shin. "Good boy! Bring him here!"

Once his brother was safe in the doorway Jeremy decided to take video of the Transformers with his cell phone. It was so he had something to remember today's events by, a log for history. And with Trace and Windcharger living with them for the last several weeks he has already compiled several gigabytes of files.

Trace shook his head as he brought out his bow and arrows, a weapon even humans considered primitive. "Stand down, Torsion."

"Never!" Two rifles emerged from Torsion's thighs as though they were just another part of his body. "You need to stand down before I kill the humans!"

Windcharger's hands began to hum and glow an electric blue color as he advanced towards Torsion. Jeremy could see the Decepticon actually levitating as though it was being pulled by something.

"Trace, do something! I can't hold him all day!"

Trace armed his bow with a metallic arrow, aimed and released sending the projectile straight into the Decepticon's chest. Torsion dropped to the ground, still alive but in a lot of pain. Windcharger's shoulders relaxed as he shook the glow from his hands.

"Surely that wasn't all of them."

Trace took a quick look around the area before lowering his bow. "No, but the others must be in hiding."

Jeremy slowly krept out from the doorway unsure if the fight was really over. His eyes shifted over to Torsion to see that the Transformer was now lying still. Was he dead?

A loud rumble brought Jeremy's attention to the highway off ramp just in time to see a large pickup barreling towards them. Trace quickly took aim and let an arrow fly which pierced the vehicle's radiator.

The truck transformed into a large robot about the size of Ratchet and skidded to a stop. "Trace, I'll get you for that!"

"Axle, why am I not surprised to see you here."

Jeremy quickly looked at Phoenix to sign, "We should stay here till NEST arrives."

Phoenix nodded his approval, "Why only two of them?"

A loud clang brought Jeremy's attention back to the Transformers in time to see Trace duking it out with Axle. Though Trace was much smaller than the Decepticon he was proving why he was chosen to fight in the gladitorial pits. Each time Axle hit Trace, the latter seemed to strike back that much harder.

Windcharger ran towards the brothers with a smile on his face. "Hey guys, lets get you out of here."

"And what about Trace?"

"Don't worry about him, he can take care of himself." Windcharger
    transformed into his alternate form, a red and silver Maxximus G-Force. "Come on, before Torsion wakes up!"

NEST C-17

As the plane made its way to Missouri, Bumblebee sat in his vehicle mode next to Dino who was still partnered up with Thomas Barnheart. Seeing his fellow Autobots with humans made him miss Sam's company. Wonder what he was doing right now?

In front of him sat Prowl in robot form, a holographic pad in his hand. Having the Autobot strategist on their side was a huge plus and in way he has taken over as second-in-command. Today was Prowl's first mission without Optimus in the field with him, hopefully he can prove his skills to the team.

Prowl took a deep breath and shook his head. "Something doesn't feel right to me." He tapped a finger against his chin as he went over the file. "So far there are reports of two Decepticons. Maybe this isn't Mirror Blade but just a pocket of holdouts."

Lennox who had been checking his weapon gave the stragesit a shrug. "Sonicblaze did say that Mirror Blade is a thinker and not a doer. Maybe he's putting feelers out, see how we respond."

Thomas, who had been promoted to Seargant First Class nodded at Prowl's statement. "He very well could be. If you want, Dino and I can go in first to see how severe the situation really is."

"Might just do that." Lennox put a hand to his ear piece, nodded then gave all in the plane a big smile. "Looks like Trace and Windcharger have the situation under control."

Bumblebee didn't know why Lennox trusted the new Autobots especially since they refused any commands from Optimus Prime. All they did was get into fights and put down any who cared about the humans.

A loud explosion rocked the plane causing all inside to tense up. Lennox shook his head as the plane began to shudder. "Heads up team! We might be going down!"

XXXX

Within minutes of the call Echo was in the air making his way towards the NEST plane. He knew the attack was a lure to get him out of hiding and was frustrated that it had worked. But if he didn't do something soon many will perish and he couldn't allow that to happen.

"Lennox, I'm about three hundred clicks out!"

"That's too far!" The human let out a grunt as a scream could be heard over the comm-link. "They've hit us again, fire has broken out!"

"Got it, I'm on my way!"

Echo pushed himself to his limits knowing that it'll deplete his energon reserves that much faster. Within ten minutes he began to detect spark signatures which told him he was in range for his weapons. He slowed down, banked to the left then took aim at the first Decepticon signature.

"Dear Primus, forgive me for what I'm about to do." Prayed Echo.

He fired a rocket and watched it's heat signature go straight towards the Transformer. The Decepticon exploded in mid-air sending shrapnel flying in several different directions. Echo watched as another spark signature began to spiral out of control, straight towards the ground.

"Two bogies are down, only one to go!" Echo's voice faded as he recognized the chaotic spark of Mirror Blade. "Lennox, it's Mirror Blade!"

XXXX

Inside the plane Lennox made his way to Private James Roberts who had been burned when an explosion tore through the side of the plane. The young soldier was shaking as he dropped a burned hand on top of Lennox's. Roberts whispered a few words before going completely still.

Lennox took a deep breath, gently ran a hand over Roberts' eyes to close them then stood back up. Though he has seen many men and women die since the war broke out, it still tore him up inside. If only there was something else he could have done to help them.

"He is at peace now." It was O'Riley, Lennox's liuetenant. "Come, we need to prepare ourselves to jump."

"Lennox, you're not going to believe this." Said Stevens as the plane began to level itself. "Echo took out the remaining bogie and currently is guiding us to the ground."

When the plane eventually landed it was rough, but thanks to Echo it wasn't a crash. Lennox pulled off his helmet, gave Bumblebee a slap on the leg then made his way to the emergency exit. Once outside he nearly collasped, thankful to be back on the ground. Instead Lennox held himself together knowing if his team saw him break down then it'll lower moral.

His attention went to Echo who was standing off to the side with his arms crossed and his head down. Wonder if he was all right?

"Echo, you okay?"

Echo brought his head up and nodded. "Yes, I will be fine." He pointed to the plane, his facing showing deep saddness. "I saw that a human had passed on."

"Yeah...Roberts was a good kid."

"You feel something for him."

Lennox took a look at his right hand which still had Roberts blood on it before asnwering Echo. "He was under my command...."

Echo knelt down and gently laid a hand on Lennox's shoulder. "Unfortunately war has it's price. For the survivors it can be hell, but if you let it eat at you then you will just turn into a person that you will hate."

"Guess your right." Lennox patted the large, gray hand with a smile on his face. "Thanks for saving us out there."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Okay, did a goof, my bad. For some really strange reason I put Sector 7 in when it should be NEST in the last few chapters. If anybody is reading this, let me know if ya spot anymore that I might have missed. :)  Should make a bit more sense now.

5. hex hellfire

hex hellfire Well-Known Member

beltline

well here u go alphie sorry it took a while but here he is lol

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      346.1 KB
      Views:
  6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow amazing! Nice work Hex! Didn't even know you were working on him. :D 

7. hex hellfire

Yeah I'm tryin 2 do all the ones u sent me but works been slowin me down lol I've got a week off next week so hopefully do the rest then lol

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 9

NEST Headquarters - Three Days Later

When Jeremy woke up, at first he didn't know where he was but slowly the past few days came back to him. He was currently bunking with Phoenix inside the barracks at NEST Headquarters, the only civilians able to do so since Sam Witwicky. Wonder how long they'll be able to stay here?

Jeremy reached for his phone, which he had sat on the small nightstand and checked the time. Seeing it was only seven made him groan in frustration. Ever since he left the farm he had gotten use to sleeping well past ten but as of late he's been waking up earlier and earlier.

A light knock came on the door before it opened to reveal Thomas. "Wake up bro! You're going to miss breakfast."

"Where is Phoenix?"

"He's finishing his run and will meet us in the mess hall."

"All right, I'll see ya in twenty minutes."

After taking a quick shower Jeremy made his way to the mess hall hoping there was still some food left. He managed to get the last of the eggs, some bacon and a few slices of toast with a large glass of apple juice on the side. When he sat down with his brothers he noticed that Phoenix had cut his hair.

"Why the buzz cut?" Jeremy signed.

Phoenix gave him a shrug. "Why not? Besides, Trace is asking for me to be his human partner."

"But you're deaf, the military will never accept you."

"You think I'm uselss, don't you!" Phoenix signed rather angerly making it a bit difficult for Jeremy to understand him. "Well, I'm not and I will prove that to you!"

"Thomas, do something or your brother is going to get killed."

Phoenix shook his head. "I'm right here! Talk to me, not him!"

"Phoenix, NEST is a hard core unit and you have to prove yourself in the military before you're accepted." Thomas shook his head as he threw down his fork. "I'm sorry, but with your deafness no branch will take you in."

Their younger brother stood up, threw his napkin on his unfinished breakfast and stormed out of the room. Jeremy felt sorry for Phoenix since for his whole life he was made to think he couldn't do certain things. That was why their parents got him Frankie in the hopes it'll help with his independence.

Thomas wiped his face, took a drink of juice then pushed his plate away. "Trace is just making it difficult for him since there is no way Colonel Lennox will allow Phoenix to go out in the field."

Jeremy picked at his eggs suddenly not hungry. "Yeah but he's been wanting to do something normal all his life."

"I know." Thomas took a deep breath then smiled at Jeremy. "Hey, you want to go on patrol with me?"

"I guess. Just wish Phoenix could join us."

XXXX

It had been three days since the scuffle in Kansas City and so far no other Decepticon activity had been reported. Optimus Prime couldn't figure out why Mirror Blade would send a team for a distraction in order to attack the C-17. Unless it was to draw Echo out, which did work but nobody attempted to take him prisoner.

A sharp pain brought him back to the present where Ratchet with Beaker's help was repairing the final part of his damaged arm. Thanks to Perceptor, Optimus was able to use a temporary transforming cog till a new one was made.

"Okay, looks pretty good." Ratchet gently attached Optimus' arm, making sure all the connections were made before snapping the armor back on.

"How does it feel?"

Optimus slowly rotated the arm surprised to feel fluid movement after months of having barely any. He gave his medic a nod of approval as he stood from the examine chair.

"Thanks to the both of you." Optimus flexed his hand knowing it'll take some time for all the connections to work. "How is Beltline?"

Ratchet took a deep breath as his attention went to the young robot who laid on another examine chair. "Thanks to Perceptor, he is doing amazingly well."

"That's good to hear." Optimus brought his attention to Mimic who was
    currently being worked on by the Autobot scientist. "What's going on over there?"

"Apparently he is having feedback from the harness that is implanted at the base of his neuro-processor. And according to Perceptor, Shockwave has improved it to where if you remove the device it'll kill the host."

Optimus made his way to Mimic so he could see the harness for himself. It took him several seconds to spot the device which had latched onto Mimic's spine.

Perceptor shook his head. "I have never seen this type before." He shone a light onto a trail of small wires that seemed to have grown into Mimic's neuro-processor. "I can cut the connection but each time I do the harness regenerates."

"What are you telling me?" Said Mimic.

"The harness, though not sentinent is alive. It is acting more like a parasite but instead of draining a Transformer of energon, it takes over their minds."

Mimic let out a sigh of disgust as he reached for his helmet. "So what you are telling me is that I will be fighting this thing for as long as I live?"

"Correct. But I am trying to come up with something that will kill the device without harming the host. All I need is time."

"Till then I might just go crazy." Mimic put his helmet on which made a loud hiss as it reconnected to the Autobot's body. "What now?"

Optimus let out a loud sigh. "Unless something else comes up, you train."

Nebraska

Though he had gotten injured during the skirmish, Mirror Blade accomplished what he had wanted to do. Thanks to Delta they were able to analyze NEST and now knew what has to be done. All he had to do was take the form of a trusted Autobot.

Delta limped into the command center with a holographic pad in his hands. "Our best option is for you to take the form of Bumblebee." He went to the main command center to type in some information. "Optimus Prime and the humans trust him, which means it should be easy for you to infiltrate NEST."

"But we will have to kidnap or kill the Autobot which means we need to make a trip to Washington D.C."

"Correct, but right now our team is down a few soldiers and will need some time to fully recover."

Mirror Blade brought up his team's status on the computer then gave Delta a nod. "I will go alone and began reconessence."

"Do you think that is wise?"

"Considering our other options, yes. You will be in charge until further notice."

NEST Headquarters

Since he was still the youngest Autobot in the team Bumblebee had a lot to learn. Today he was partnered up with Mimic who would be teaching him boxing and throwing skills. It seemed odd that he would be taught by an Autobot who wasn't really part of his team.

"So, you're younger than Beltline?" Bumblebee nodded. "Well, hopefully you'll be able to keep up." Mimic brought his hands up in a boxing position. "Okay, lets began."

For the next two hours Bumblebee was taught how to box in a way that was both aggressive and fluid at the same time. After they went through the hand techniques Mimic began on the throws. And as Mimic put Bumblebee through the paces, the latter grew to respect his teacher.

"You're doing rather good."

"Thank you." Bumblebee slumped to the ground completely exhausted but wanting to keep going. "I appreciate you taking...time...for teaching me."

"Had no choice." Mimic gave Bumblebee a nod then sat down himself. "A few more lessons and you'll be able to take what I have taught you out in the field."

Naito approached Mimic with a smirk and gave his friend a pat on the shoulder. "Sonicblaze said I am to teach this young punk some sword skills."

Bumblebee's audio perceptors perked up thinking surely it was a joke until Naito handed him a practice sword. He gave the Autobot a quizzical look wondering why he was being taught a weapon that was so ancient.

"Mirror Blade is a master at the sword and if you are to encounter him without being prepared, you will surely die." He held out a hand to help Bumblebee up. "We have two hours to get the basics in so lets get started."

XXXX

While Bumblebee was being trained by Mimic and Naito, Jeremy found himself once again in the office of Director Mearing. She didn't like him but accepted he could be of use to NEST as long as he enlisted into the army.

Jeremy took a deep breath as he shifted in his chair. "Will I be shipped off to boot camp?"

Mearing shook her head. "I can't allow people to know that you will be working for us so your training will be done here."

"When do I start?"

"Now." Mearing pushed a few buttons on her phone then picked up the receiver. "Sergeant Epps, please come into my office."

XXXX

In a quiet corner of the base Trace sat alone with a pile of scrap metal beside him. He preferred to make his own arrows, a sure way to know the weight of them was just right. Unfortunately the metal found on Earth wasn't strong enough for his liking but it'll have to do.

"Never seen Transformers make their own projectiles."

Trace looked up to see Lennox checking out a six foot long arrow shaft. "If I don't, the arrows will never fly."

"Why not use a rifle or cannons?"

"Those systems were disabled when I was taken captive and forced to fight in the pits." Trace held an arrow out to make sure it was straight before attaching the fletchngs. "Then I discovered the beauty of the long bow."

Lennox shook his head in amazement. "Incredible." The human's attention went to Windcharger who was cleaning his rifle a few stations down. "I heard from Jeremy that Windcharger has a unique ability."

Trace gave Lennox a nod as he looked at the young Autobot. "He has a lot of power and can use that to create electromagnetic poles within his arms."

"So what you're telling me is that your whole unit are like the X-Men?"

"If you say so, yes." Trace began work on another arrow using tools built into his own arm. "But most of our abilities were products of Shockwave's doing."

Lennox slowly nodded. "How about you?"

"All I really have going for me is my ability to fight and survive." Trace put down the arrow he was working on to get a good look at Optimus Prime. "When Prime killed Shockwave and Megatron, did he make sure their sparks were extinguished? Did your team recover the bodies?"

"Optimus decapitated both of them, but it was only Megatron's body we were able to recvoer. Why you ask?"

Trace shook his head as he took a deep, mechanical sigh. "If what you are saying is true, the Decepticons might be trying to revive Shockwave. And if they succeed he'll be one pissed off Decepticon."

9. hex hellfire

Mimic

here we go alphie i hope u like.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      344.9 KB
      Views:
  10. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks that"s awsome!

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    This update is a bit long...hope you all still enjoy.

Chapter 10

Later That Night

By the time Mirror Blade arrived inside the city limits of Washington D.C. the temperture had dropped by several degrees. The latest weather report predicted an unprecedented snow storm to hit the east coast. Thankfully for Mirror Blade he was able to change his appearance at will which helped when dealing with the harsh winters back in Nebraska.

He made his way through the city streets till he came upon a nondescript building on the outskirts of town. The only way he knew something special lay inside was the tall fences and armed soldiers patrolling the perimeter. Wonder how many more humans were inside?

Thankfully his alt-mode, a late model Challenger was nowhere near as flashy as some of the Autobots so he was able to blend in easily with traffic. As he made his way down the main road he spotted a yellow Camaro coming towards him in the opposite direction. He quickly scanned the vehicle and stored it's information into his database.

"How are things in Washington D.C.?" Asked Delta over the comm-link.

"Relatively calm, considering."

When Mirror Blade pulled to a stop at a red light he couldn't help noticing the looks the humans were giving him. Though his vehicular mode was not flashy it was menacing. He revved the engine causing the front to rock and even made sure his holographic driver waved at the humans on the sidewalk.

A small snowflake fell on his windshield, a sign the upcoming storm was officially upon them. When the light turned green Mirror Blade made his way through the intersection and saw Sonicblaze idling nearby. What was he doing away from the base?

"The weather is about to take a change for the worse. I will have to choose another alternative mode that will suit the conditions."

"You are right. A strong winter storm is approaching."

"Delta, Sonicblaze is following me." Mirror Blade made a right turn and three cars back, the silver Impala did the same. "I wonder what tipped him off?"

"Shake him. You can't afford to be seen."

Mirror Blade made his way into a parking garage and as he went behind a large pillar his vehicle mode changed. Instead of a late model Challenger he was now a rundown Buick LeSaballe. Thanks to this new change he was able to blend into the traffic much easier and within minutes was on the freeway. He will hang low for a bit, remain as the Buick. This way he'll be able to analyze all his possibilties before forming a plan of action.

NEST Headquarters

"So what you're telling me is that Mirror Blade is inside the ciy right now and you didn't mention it to us!"

Sonicblaze gave Lennox an innocent shrug as he sat down next to Beltline.

"By the time I have alerted you of his presence he would have blended in with traffic." He waved a hand at Mimic. "Mimic, I think it's about time you show NEST what you're capable of."

Mimic went up to Jolt and placed a hand on the Autobot's arm. Jolt's body began to twitch before he managed to pull away from Mimic.

Jolt violently shoved Mimic back causing all in the room to be on alert. "What the slag was that for?"

"Sonicblaze, what have I told you about your team?"

"Just wait for it, Colonel Lennox."

Mimic let out a loud grunt as his arms tightly wrapped around his chest. Panels of armor throughout his whole body began to morph and change colors.

Jolt slowly took a step back, a look of horror visible on his face. "By the Allspark...." Standing before Jolt was an exact copy of himself as though he was in front of a mirror. "How did you do that?"

"That electric shock you felt earlier was my system copying what it needed." The voice coming from the new Jolt was still Mimic's. "I can stay this way for as long as I need to."

Lennox shook his head. "So, what you're saying is that Mirror Blade is here in Washington D.C. and there is no way of spotting him?"

Optimus went up to Mimic with a heavy sigh. "We need to start taking precautions since Mirror Blade can be any one of us." His attention went straight to Bumblebee. "Bumblebee, with your inability to talk I want someone with you at all times."

Bumblebee's shoulders slumped forward. "Really...but...."

"You are the first Autobot Mirorr Blade might try to imatate." Optimus gave Mimic a gentle nod as he crossed his arms. "Sonicblaze, I know you don't want our help but your team does have unique abilites that we need to protect. Stay with us till we find Mirror Blade and end this feud between the two of you."

Sonicblaze slowly stood, his expression stoic but not hateful. "Deal, but I have full command of my team."

Optimus shook Sonicblaze's hand. "I will agree to that only if your unit remains under control."

"I think we can handle that." Sonicblaze knelt so he could get a better view of Lennox. "I do not want that Mearing human to get in our way."

"I really can't guarantee that."

Sonicblaze let out a heavy sigh sending a wave of hot air to blast against Lennox's face. "Then I'm not going to gaurantee my team's behavior."

Later That Night

Unlike Cybertron, Earth had many strange weather phenomenon that Optimus Prime had to get use to. Tonight it was a winter storm that no human has seen on the east coast in several decades. Though it was rather cold outside Optimus stood at the back entrance of the hanger to allow the snow flakes to fall on his metallic armor.

He tilted his head skyward amazed at Earth's ability to always surprise him. When he held a hand out, his own body heat melted the snow into a water puddle.

"It is definitely a beautiful world." Perceptor stepped up to Optimus' side with a smile on his face. "I can spend hours, maybe even years digesting it all and still not figure it out."

Optimus gave his old friend a nod. "For an Autobot like yourself this world can be very distracting."

Perceptor let out a light chuckle and shook his head. "When you left Cybertron I picked up a sniper rifle and haven't looked back since." He placed his hand onto his hips as his shoulders fell forward. "I miss just being a scientist...." He let out a deep sigh before giving Optimus a pat on the shoulder. "Beltline is at full capacity."

Optimus watched the smaller Autobot go back into the hanger then brought his attention back to the sky. Why did this planet have to witness their war? He thought with the deaths of Sentinal, Megatron and Shockwave it would be all over but he was so wrong. He already made one mistake that nearly terminated the human race he wasn't about to make another.

Nebraska

Inside the old limestone mine, Delta gingerly made his way to his lab so he can began work on his biggest project to date. If he succeeded, then the Decepticons will have a weapon like no other. He opened a large, silver canister to see an object coiled at the bottom.

"Mirror Blade, I have found the perfect size drone for our experiment."

"Excellent." He could hear metal clinking on the comm-link which told him Mirror Blade was changing form. "Sadly, it might take a few more days for me to formulate a plan."

"That is not a problem since it will take me about that long to get the drone's body functional." Delta carefully pulled the object from the cannister and brought it to the table. "The device is ready."

"Good, I'll let you know when to turn it on."

One Week Later

In a room hidden inside NEST headquarters Jeremy sat with four other recruits learning the history of Transformers. He found himself nearly nodding off but the information he was being taught was vital to his new career. Next to him sat his brother, Thomas who was taking the course for fun.

"And that will conclude our lesson plan for the day." Captain Nelson wrote something down on the dry erase board before turning his attention to the class. "Your assignment for the weekend is to write an essay on Autobot technology due at the beginning of class on Monday."

Jeremy slid paperwork in a black folder with the NEST skull on the front then got up from his desk. It was strange going to classes but he enjoyed the distraction. Three days ago Phoenix was sent back home, the action officially sealing his hatred for the Autobots and the unwanted war they brought to Earth.

Thomas gave Jeremy's shoulder a gentle pat as he approached, a smile on his face. "Still thinking about Phoenix?"

"Really wish they could have done something to keep him here."

"I know, but with his hearing disability...."

Jeremy abruptly spun around to face his older brother. "Trace said he'll be his partner, even learned sign language to help out."

"One Autobot who isn't even part of Optimus' unit. There was no way Director Mearing would allow him to stay here with just one vote."

"Then why me! I don't even want this!"

Thomas shook his head. "You know how many men would kill to be in your place right now? Not anyone can be a NEST soldier, just remember that."

Jeremy went to his bunk, threw the folder down then ran a hand against his shaved scalp. Part of him wanted to just walk away, but something deep inside told him to honor his parents. It just frustrated him that Phoenix couldn't do the same.

He took a deep breath, grabbed his rifle then made his way down into the large hanger. Here he could see Autobots in vehicle mode and others training at various stations. Closest to him was Beltline, the youngest Transformer in the entire unit. And yet his demeanor was one of confidence and though he was also the smallest, his whole unit seemed to respect him as a leader.

"Jeremy, glad to see you here." Colonel Lennox approached Jeremy, shook his hand then pointed at a black 2011 Challenger. "I have you training with Mimic today. He'll teach you the basics of how a Transformer fights in hand to hand combat. This is Mimic's speciality so listen to him and let it soak in."

"Yes sir, will do."

XXXX

It has been several months since Bumblebee spent some time with Sam and was excited to be granted a few days to catch up. He made his way down the familiar highway glad to be away from the base. Unfortunately he still had a bodyguard since Mirror Blade has never shown himself. Though frustrated Bumblebee knew why it had to be done.

When he turned right a large truck moved in behind him almost as though to block Trace who was following a few cars behind. He was about to pull over when the truck gently tapped his rear bumper.

"I know you are the Autobot by the name of Bumblebee. If you say anything to your friend we will have someone kill that Witwicky human. Now turn down the next street, head into the parking structure and wait on the top level."

Bumblebee did as he was told unsure of what the Decepticon wanted with him. Will he ever see Sam again?

"Bumblebee, where the slag did you go? Is everything all right?" Trace let out a loud huff then a few curses. "That truck! Hang on, I see you right now!"

"No...kill...Sam!" It took all Bumblebee had to speak with his real voice but he wanted to be clear the stakes at hand. "Let...Opt...mus...know...."

The truck slammed into Bumblebee again, this time hard enough to get the latter swerving on the road. He sped up hoping to gain some distance from the Decepticon. Unfortunately that just pissed him off even more and Bumblebee found himself in a chase.

"I told you not to tell your friend and now we must take him as well."

Before Bumblebee could react a semi-trailer had moved in front of him with it's back door down. He had no where else to go but inside and as he did Trace followed pursuit. Did anybody witness what had just happened? Will somebody warn Optimus before it was too late?

XXXX

When Mirror Blade arrived at NEST he quickly took note of all the Autobots' positions inside the hanger. Thankfuly his target was rather easy to spot since he was the tallest in the room.

Optimus Prime stood by a catwalk with human soldiers working on it. Strange how the leader of the Autobots had a working relationship with the human military. But why trust something so weak?

"Bee, I thought you were going to Sam's?" A look of concern spread across Sideswipe's face as he approached Mirror Blade. "You okay?"

Mirror Blade gave the Autobot a shrug as he continued to study his surroundings. Because he had to take Trace his true identity will soon be found out. So he will have to act fast in order to get his mission completed. Now to only find a way to get closer to Prime.

Sonicblaze came up to Mirror Blade and shook his head. "Where is Trace?"

Again Mirror Blade gave a shrug as he began to make his way towards Prime. Inside his right arm he could feel the harness writhing around in eagerness.

Prime turned to Mirror Blade with a heavy sigh then placed hands upon his tires. "Bumblebee, why aren't you at Sam's?"

Mirror Blade coiuld feel all eyes on him and knew it was now or never. In one swift move he jumped up, released the harness and took out his sword.

The mechanical snake instantly made his way towards Prime's spinal cord all while Mirror Blade went towards the back exit. Bullets sprinkled the floor and other items by Mirror Blade but he was just too quick of a target.

Soon he found himself on the tarmac where he shifted into jet form. Before the Autobots even had a chance to run outside he was already in the air. Now lets just hope the harness can do it's job.

"Delta, turn the device on. The mission is a go."

XXXX

The pain that radiated out from his spine was worse than when Sentinel tore his arm off. Optimus desperately clawed at the device that began attaching itself to his senstive brain stem. He could feel several hands lift his head and even try to help out but to no avail.

Without warning a fire shot through every nerve fiber his body causing it to violently tense up. He let out several grunts as his limbs contorted in his ways he thought were impossible.

"It's too late, the harness has fully attached itself." Came Mimic's deep, booming voice. "Optimus, don't fight it, it will only make things worse."

It took a lot of effort for Optimus to relax since the harness was still sending signals down through his spine. Is this what the Deceptibots have to endure on a daily basis?

Mimic knelt down, a look of concern on his gruff face. "How's your pain level?"

"An eight...." Optimus ran a hand across the nape of his neck and felt the tail end of the device sticking out from his helmet. "Will it go away?"

Mimic shook his head. "The harness taps into your neuro-processor so the pain will always be there."

Optimus let out a low groan as he got to his feet. "We need to find Bumblebee and Trace, they may be in serious trouble." He composed himself and took a look around the hanger. "Lennox, call Dutch and get him over here ASAP. We need him to look at traffic cameras and satellites."

Lennox gave Optimus a quick nod. "And what about you?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. We need to find our friends before something happens to them.

12. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

woah interesting wasn't expecting that to happen to Optimus. can't wait to read more. :) 

13. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only been able to get through the first chapter, but I am enthralled. Must get home to finish it, but for now it's back to work!

14. SavageThunder

SavageThunder Stalking the Shadows...

i gonna tell ya! this pretty unique!

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 11

When Bumblebee came to his whole body ached making it hard to distinguish what hurt the most. He let out a low groan before his optic's flickered on. Unfortunately all he could see at the moment was static.

"Bee, you okay?" Bumblebee shook his head as he attempted to shift his weight. "Don't move too much, you took a nasty beating."

"Trace...what had...happened?"

"Delta's crew."

Bumblebee's vision slowly began to clear revealing a small, metallic room. Where were they? According to his internal clock he's been out for nearly three hours. And why couldn't he see Trace?

"We're shackled together...." Trace explained as though he read Bumblebee's thoughts. He attempted to move but found the space they were in was way too small for either of them to be comfortable. "Must be in some kind of trailer."

"We...need...warn team."

"They'll know something is wrong when I don't call in." Bumblebee could feel Trace pull at the binds that held them back to back. "We've been traveling for awhile. Wonder where they plan on taking us?"

When Bumblebee moved his head again the right half of his battle visor slid down. Wonder if he should get his visor repaired? Course that depends if he actually makes it out of this situation alive.

XXXX

Inside NEST headquarters Lennox stood on the catwalk, his eyes rarely leaving the computer screen that sat in front of Dutch. Though he wanted to make sure Optimus was all right there was a mission at hand. Thanks to Dutch they were able to find a video of Bumblebee being forced into a tractor trailer. Unfortunately after that things got rather hazy.

"Lennox!" Lennox turned to see Sam sprinting into NEST with Carly right behind him. "Bee never showed up! Is he all right?"

Lennox took a deep breath, gave Dutch a nod to keep going then made his way down to the hanger floor. On his way to Sam, Lennox had to pass Optimus who was currently being monitored by Ratchet. Why harness the Autobot leader and not any of Sonicblaze's men? What is the whole reason behind it?

Sam's eyes went to Optimus before bringing his attention to Lennox. "Where is Bee? What happened to Optimus?"

"Sam, Bumblebee is missing along with Trace...."

"What!" Sam's eyes seem to bulge out of his head as Carly wrapped an arm around him. "Why wasn't I told about this?"

Lennox held a hand up to calm Sam down who he knew got rather emotional when his friends were involved. "We're looking for him right now."

Carly slowly gave Lennox a nod as she rubbed a hand against Sam's back. "Any leads, Colonel Lennox?"

"Not yet, but we got Dutch and Director Mearing on it."

Sam took a deep, shaky breath then gave Lennox a nod. "What happened to
    Optimus? Is he okay?"

"For now, yes." Lennox could see the sadness creeping into Sam's eyes as the young man fought to keep his emotions in check. "I already talked to Director Mearing and we both agreed that you might be in trouble. Until we find Bumblebee we want an Autobot with you at all times."

A loud, deep growl brought Lennox's attention to Optimus who was now clutching his head. The Autobot leader clawed at his neck as he rocked his body back and forth. Lennox's eyes went up to Ratchet to see a look of concern on his face.

Perceptor shook his head as he checked a portable holographic tablet. "Something isn't right...." He moved his free hand over the images with the fluidity of a pianoist. "This harness is different than the others...."

"Wait, did he say harness?" Sam moved in front of Lennox with horror on his face. "But why Optimus? How did it happen?"

Optimus let out another grunt as he pulled at his helmet. "No...."

Sam spun around as Optimus suddenly got to his feet with speed Lennox didn't know was even possible from the larger Transformer. This caused all NEST soldiers to be on guard since it was a Prime like him that killed over twenty of their comrades less than six months ago.

"Hold your fire!" Shouted Lennox as he quickly made his way back to the catwalk. "Optimus, calm down! Echo, be ready to knock him out!"

Optimus' body suddenly went limp but he didn't go down. Instead he blinked several times, the metallic shutters the only sound in the vast room. He looked rather confused before he went to sit down near the back wall.

Lennox ran a hand down his face and shook his head. "Ratchet, you and Perceptor stay with Optimus tonight. Jolt, I want you with Sam and Windcharger with Carly." He pointed to each as he talked then brought his attention back to Optimus. "Optimus, are you okay?"

The Autobot leader's bad arm began to twitch causing him to grab it with his left hand. "Yeah...." He took a deep breath as he rested his head against the wall. "Do we have patrols out looking for Bumblebee and Trace?"

"There are two teams patroling DC right now." Lennox brought his attention upwards to where Dutch sat still glued to his computer. "Hopefully we'll get something soon."

Nebraska

The vehicle made a sudden stop causing the two Autobots chained together to slide towards the rear of the trailer. They have been on the road for nearly ten hours which meant they arrived at Mirror Blade's base. As though to confirm his suspicions the doors to the trailer opened revealing four black figures.

"Get them to the cells!" Shouted a familiar voice from behind the shadows. "Make sure all their weapons are non-funcional."

Trace felt several hands grip hold of his shoulders and pull him out with Bumblebee still attached. Their binds were cut allowing the two Autobots free movement but it also caused Bumblebee to fall onto his knees.

One Decepticon went up to Bumblebee and slammed the butt of his rifle against the Autobot's helmet. "Get up and start walking!"

Bumblebee brought a hand to his helmet, let out a little whine then slowly got to his feet. They were led through an old mine till the group came upon alcoves built into the walls.

Torsion shoved Trace into one of the alcoves, the latter's feet sinking ankle deep into thick, wet mud. After a quick search for weapons, Torsion left the cell and as he did glowing bars illuminated the darkness.

A loud metallic clang came from the other cell followed by a painful wail. Trace tried to move but found when he did his body sank deeper into the muddy substance.

"Enjoy yourselves in there." Torsion's face appeared in the glow of Trace's cell bars. "Be thankful it's winter or it would be a river in here."

If his internal systems were correct the cave's temperature was around forty degrees farhenheit. Could his systems tolerate this damp, cold enviroment?

Trace once again attempted to remove his feet from the muck, however all he managed to do was fall on his tailpipe. He could feel his whole body sinking and knew there was no way of moving wihout help.

He waited several minutes to make sure there were no Decepticon's nearby then brought his attention to Bumblebee's cell. Why only beat up on the little Autobot, why not him?

His optics widened when he suddenly realized something. Bumblebee was the symbol of the Autobot's cause here on Earth. He was the little Autobot that never gave up, who befriended humans as easily as his own kind. Get rid of that and you shatter a link that can never be replaced.

"Bumblebee, you still alive in there?" A little beep followed by what sounded like "assholes" came from the other cell. "I take that as a yes. Listen, whatever they do, don't ever give up. We'll get out of this alive."

Two Days Later

A few days have come and gone with no sign of Bumblebee or Trace. While NEST soldiers and Autobots were out looking for their missing friends, Optimus Prime was forced to stay behind.

With the harness Optimus found it hard to focus on even the simpliest of tasks. But according to Mimic, who strangely enough has become a friend told him it would get easier over time. Eventually Optimus will learn how to co-exist with the harness to the point where he no longer felt the pain.

Optimus gradually flexed the fingers in his right hand then did the same with his left. As he attempted to make a fist he felt a sudden jolt of sharp pain. He stifled a groan as the fire intensifed till it seemed to take over his whole body.

"The harness is trying to figure out your weaknesses." Perceptor went up to Optimus and began to study his data pad. "I compared Mimic's to yours since his is the newest device that we knew of and found some startling differences."

"Like what?" Optimus' voice was strained as he fought the harness's control of his body. "Is the rest of the team in danger?"

Perceptor gave Optimus a shrug as he continued to look at the data. "Your harness seems more sentient than the others."

"He is right...." A deep voice said from somewhere within Optimus' head. "I was infused with a small sliver of a spark." Optimus shook his head hoping it will make the voice go away. "You have something very valuable to us."

"I can hear...." Optimus let out a yell as the harness sent an electrical shock through his brain. "Please, I won't tell them anything. Just let me be in peace." Optimus thought as he slumped onto the floor. "Please."

"Very well, but if you do anything to alert them of my presence realize this, I have full control of your body." To prove his point the harness lifted Optimus' left arm into the air then back down. "Remember, I'm always going to be here. There is no way of taking me off without killing you."

NEST's alarm system began to go off causing all in the hanger to be on alert. Optimus slowly got to his feet, his mind still reeling over the shock to his brain. He made his way to the catwalk where Lennox was already standing with Director Mearing at his side.

"Just got video from Mirror Blade showing Bumblebee and Trace alive."

Lennox nodded at one of the technicians who began to type on his keyboard.

"Unfortunately, he has given us only thirteen hours to bring them Echo."

A video began to play on a large screen and at first Optimus couldn't see what it was suppose to be. Then lights were turned on showing Trace ankle deep in mud with a large sign in his hands. According to it the video was shot this morning, evidence that the Autobot was still alive.

The image on screen moved to another cell and all in the room saw a battered Bumblebee leaning against a wall. He too had a sign showing today's date along with the time. The young Autobot's battle visor covered half his face, the other half was badly dented up.

"Bee...." Optimus turned to see Sam slowly approaching the screen with tears developing in his eyes. "Is he alive?"

Optimus nodded. "Yes and hopefully will be able to trace this video."

"As you can see, the two Autobots are still alive." Said Mirror Blade through speakers by the screen. "However, you have thirteen hours to bring me Echo or I will kill the yellow one." The Decepticon appeared on screen with an evil smile on his face. "Prime, I hope you enjoy the little gift I gave you."

The human technician shook his head. "It's far too encrypted. No way of telling where it originated from." He pointed at Beltline who was busy typing away at a much larger keypad. "Beltline is trying to work his magic on it."

Just a few weeks ago Optimus discovered that the most trusted Autobot in Sonicblaze's unit was in fact a computer hacker. Beltline had been arrested numerous times by the Autobot Elite Guard till he was eventually taken captive by the Decepticons. Strange how a criminal can rise to become a leader.

Beltline let out a few grunts as he began to type a bit harder. "Crpto must have encoded the file since every backdoor is locked." He shook his head. "If that is the case, he will know how I work."

"The little Autobot is rather smart...." Harness said. "How easy it will be to finish him here and now." Optimus could feel his right arm began to move and as he fought to lower it the harness sent an electric shock through his systems. "Do not fight me ever again!"

Sam glanced up at Optimus, tears now visible on his face. "We need to do something! We can't let them kill Bumblebee!"

"Don't you worry, Sam. We will find Bumblebee and bring him home."

Nebraska

Each time Bumblebee exhaled a breath he could see a vapor cloud in the dim light coming from the bars. The coldness was causing havoc on his systems which began to glitch up after the third beating he had taken from the Decepticons. Currently his whole body ached so badly it was hard for him to even move. And if it wasn't for Trace's constant encouragement he might have given up already.

"Bee, how you holding up?"

Bumblebee rolled his optics to the wall where Trace's voice was coming from then let his head drop back down. Why were they only beating up on him? How has Trace escaped two days without any Decepticons torturing him?

"Could...better...." Even speaking through the radio proved to be a task for Bumblebee. "Getting weak."

"Have they been giving you energon?"

"Just enough...for day...." Bumblebee's audio receptors perked up as footsteps approached their cells. "Not sure...last long...."

"Don't worry, we'll get out of this. You'll see."

The Decepticon named Axle appeared in the bars' glow, a small device in his hand. "Here's your energon quota for the day. Enjoy and savor it." He threw the device into the cell just out of Bumblebee's reach. "Oops, sorry."

Bumblebee let out a few frustrated beeps as he forced his damaged body to move. It took nearly an hour for him to finally get his fingers on the energon and by then he was laying completely in the muck. But right now he didn't care, all he wanted was the little energon that the device held.

After he stabbed the metal syringe into his arm he felt a sense of warmth as the fluid rushed through his systems. The amount they have given him today might last five hours and when that ran out Bumblebee's body will began to shut down. Could he possibly make it to see one more day?

NEST Headquarters

It took all Echo had to tune out the noises that seeped in from outside the base and to focus on the events before him. He had sensed another spark among them, however it was weak and rather chaotic. What worried him the most was that the new being was constantly around Optimus Prime. Could it be possible that the new harness was sentient?

He shifted his left audio receptor towards the conversation taking place between Colonel Lennox and the Autobots. Lennox had called an urgent meeting for those still at NEST so they can formulate a plan of action.
    Thankfully for Echo it did not involve giving him over to Mirror Blade's unit.

"We all know that Mirror Blade came from somewhere in Nebraska so lets get a team out there to help the Wreckers." Lennox's hearbeat was steady showing how calm the human can be when the situation called for it. "Echo, I would like for you to do a fly over and see if you can spot Trace or Bumblebee's sparks."

Echo nodded as he began to piece his rifle back together after spending several hours cleaning it. "I am sorry that I was not able to help out when Mirror Blade attacked Optimus Prime."

"Yeah, why didn't you do something?" It was Sam. "If you can sense sparks, why didn't you detect Mirror Blade's?"

"It's because his spark is identical to mine." Mimic's spark approached Sam, it's chaotic signature one of the most unique in the Transformers. "Being twins, it can be difficult for Echo to tell us apart."

Sam let out a loud huff. "I don't believe that for a minute."

"Sam, enough." Optimus approached Echo with a heavy sigh. "Echo, if you can help us, I will greatly appreciate it."

Echo slapped the last part of the rifle into place and gave the Autobot commander a nod. "I will do whatever it takes to get our brothers back."

16. Jazzfan0217

whoa, awesome i like where this is heading :popcorn 

17. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 12

The C-17 was definitely not the most comfortable ride but it got soldiers from point A to point B. Inside, Jeremy sat in a jumper seat on his way towards Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base, an old military establishment south of Kansas City. Though it was decomissioned almost twenty years ago, Director Mearing has called for it's civlian population to leave imediately so NEST could move in.

Jeremy's right leg began to bounce from nerves as realization set in. This was his first mission as an official NEST soldier, an oppurtunity to prove himself to the team. Hopefully he won't blow off his foot or worse shoot a fellow Autobot. How will he be able to tell the giant machines apart once shit hits the fan? All the robots pretty much looked the same to him.

In the seat next to Jeremy sat Jose Lurio, a young but experienced NEST member that once served as a SEAL. Though only twenty-seven, Lurio has seen more men fall in combat than most will in their whole military career. Wonder how he manages to still strap on the boots and go out when a call comes?

Lurio gave Jeremy's shoulder a gentle pat before offering him some gum. "Helps calm me down before a mission."

Jeremy graciously accepted the strawberry candy hoping it'll help settle his stomach. In front of him, as a red late-1960's Mustang was Beltline who came along to help with the search. He will lead a team of six NEST soldiers, all of whom will be dressed in civilian clothes so as not to alert any media.

"Okay team, we're about to land!" Shouted Seargant Roberts, as he began to pace before the men on the jump seats. "When we do, head straight to hanger three!"

Jeremy put on his helmet then took a deep, calming breath. Whatever was about to happen in the next few days will alter his life forever. Just a shame that Phoenix couldn't be here to fight along side him.

"All right men! Move out!"

Before Jeremy knew it he was swept up with the other soldiers as they ran from the plane. They made their way into a large hanger where several cots have been evenly spaced out with shelving between each one. A soldier pointed Jeremy to a bunk close to the center, his new home for however long he will be here.

After he threw his bag onto the bottom bunk Jeremy took a better look at the hanger. As he sat down the Autobots from his transport drove in and parked near the back. Having them inside the room gave Jeremy some much needed comfort.

Jeremy gradually sat down not at all surprised to feel the bed was stiff. Why couldn't the military get some better mattresses? He ran a hand against the rough blanket then brought his attention to the bunk next to him. It appeared Lurio will be his neighbor along with Jenson, an older man with graying hair.

Lurio gave Jeremy a huge smile as he began to unpack his bag. "It appears you and I will be partners." He threw socks and boxers into a small tub then slid it under his bed. "Don't worry, I'll take it easy on you."

Though he was close to home, Jeremy felt more homesick than ever. Wonder what Phoenix was doing right now? Was he still upset about not being able to become a NEST soldier? Wonder if he'll have any time to visit him?

"When will training began?"

Lurio sat down with a huff, took out a cigeratte and lit it. "Not sure, but I do know that we need to find Bee and Trace soon before it's too late."

NEST Headquarters

Inside the large hanger Optimus Prime was relaxing when he suddenly felt a painful shock to his systems. Though he knew what was happening Optimus couldn't stop his body as it went towards Ratchet with blades out. He fought every move but nothing seemed to work. The harness has fully taken control and Ratchet was about to fall victim to it.

"Ratchet!" Shouted Echo from behind Optimus. "Behind you!"

The medic turned just as Optimus stabbed him in the side with the left blade. Horror swept through the Autobot leader as his right hand went up for a decapatation move. How is this happening? Why couldn't he control his body?

"Echo, knock him out!" Commanded Sonicblaze.

"On it! Sorry Optimus but I have no choice."

A loud clank followed by a sharp pain in his back told Optimus that Echo hadn't missed. Within seconds an electrical charge fired throughout his systems causing his whole body to spasm.

Optimus let out a low grunt as he fell to the ground. While his optics flickered on and off he could see Lennox running towards him.

He raised a hand in a feeble attempt to ward off the human commander, unsure of what his body was capable of doing.

"Please...stay back...."

Optimus' hand fell to the floor with a loud thud, his optics now darkened of any life. Fearing the worse, Lennox approached with caution unsure of what might happen next. As he got closer to the prone Transformer a wave of heat hit his face. This told Lennox that the Autobot leader's exhaust still functioned.

"Do not worry, he is in a form of forced stasis." Explained Echo as he knelt down to check on Optimus. "He will wake in a few Earth hours so I recommend securring him while you can."

Beaker raced over to Ratchet, the former quickly admistering first aid with help from Perceptor.

"Take it easy, we got you." When Beaker had Ratchet on the ground a smile spread across his metallic face. "Looks a lot worse than it is. Don't worry I'll have you patched up in no time."

Lennox shook his head. "What the hell just happened?"

Prowl went over to Optimus to put the leader's arms in thick, metal shackles. "Since we don't have a cell, let us put him in the vault until we know from Optimus himself what really happened."

Sonicblaze shook his head, the red glow of his optics showing concern and fear. "He's being controlled...." He knelt down to get a better look at Lennox. "And with the harness on I'm afraid Prime won't be able to tell you anything."

"Just like the watch Sam was made to wear...." Lennox ran a hand down his face before pointing to the vault. "Make sure Optimus is secured with two guards on him at all times."

XXXX

When Optimus came to his first thought went to Ratchet's well being. But as he attempted to move he found that his arms had been secured above his head. Thankfully he was in a sitting position, unfortunately though his legs had also been chained together telling him his team no longer put trust in him.

Optimus turned his head hoping to see a familiar face. "Ratchet, is he all right?"

Sideswipe appeared before him with a quick nod. "Another inch and he would have been killed."

"But is he all right?"

"Yeah, he'll live."

Optimus slowly allowed his head to drop, ashamed at what he had done. The harness had shown its control over his body once before and yet he did nothing about it. Now, because of it a close friend was nearly murdered by his very own hands.

"Who is in charge now?"

"I am." Sonicblaze's glowing blue body appeared from out of the shadows. "With Ironhide gone I am the most experienced leader the Autobot's have at the moment."

Dino shook his head as he stpped into the room. "Prowl did some thinking and sadly Sonicblaze has a better chance at leading than any of us will. Though I don't like it, we have no choice."

Sonicblaze knelt in front of Optimus in order to be eye level with him. "Jolt, I don't want his systems fried so try to keep the current level."

"I really think this is a bad idea."

"Whatever Prime feels, the harness will too."

Optimus began to pull at his restraints as his optics pleaded for Sideswipe to release him. Surely his team wouldn't allow what was about to take place happen. Sideswipe's optics fell to the floor before he left the room.

"Sonicblaze, think on what your're about to do!" Jolt placed his hands on Optimus' shoulders to send an intense shock through the latter's body. "Jolt, why!?"

XXXX

When Lennox hear Optimus scream he went running towards the vault really hoping the Autobot leader was all right. He was not happy with Sonicblaze in charge and this was why. Upon entering the large room Lennox was shocked to see Jolt torturing Optimus.

"Stop!" Lennox went to Optimus to see if he was all right. "This isn't the way to get answers!"

Optimus began to laugh as his optics flared so bright Lennox had to shield his eyes. The Autobot commander fought his restraints with renewed strength, his laughter turning into an insane cackle.

"You puny humans! You think you know us!" Though the voice was Optimus it was much darker causing Lennox to take a step back. "I have power! Just you wait, I will show you all!"

Sonicblaze gave Jolt a nod who once again gave Optimus a powerful shock. The Deceptibot leader then took hold of the commander's face and pulled it forward.

"Who are you? Do you know where Trace and Bumblebee are?"

An eerie smile crept over Optimus' face. "When you find them, one will be dead." This answer made Sonicblaze slap Optimus hard against the head. "Lets just say once I am done here a new Decepticon will arise!"

Though it was Optimus in front of him, Lennox began to feel an evil presence take over the room. Why was this harness more powerful than the others? How is it able to fully control Optimus?

"You don't know where they are, do you?" Sonicblaze asked. "You're just a parasite, nothing more."

"Oh but I can make my host miserable." To prove it's point Optimus' body began to violently contort and spasm. "Now, about your precious friends. Maybe I do know where they are and then again, maybe I don't."

Sonicblaze let out a deep sigh as he stood to his full height. "How are you so sentient? All the harnessed we ever knew about were controlled from an outside source. What did Delta do to you?"

"Now, you think I'm going to answer that?"

Optimus' body went completely limp, his head clanking against his chin. Though his optics were still on they had dimmed to a dull blue.

Lennox shook his head as he ran a hand through his hair. "What was all that? That wasn't Optimus, was it?"

"No*, sadly it looks like Prime has been completely taken over by the harness." Sonicblaze took a deep breath as he turned his attention to Lennox. "Since I'm now in control of the Autobots we will start doing things my way. I want you, Colonel Lennox to pull all NEST forces from Missouri. I want to speak to all Autobots and human soldiers at the same time."

"And what about the Chicago cleanup?"

"I will touch on that during the meeting." Sonicblaze knelt once again to be level with Lennox then gave the human a gentle nod. "Where is the best place for a meet-up without the media getting involved?"

"Not really sure, but we can dfinitely find a place within the hour."

"Good, let Director Mearing know I would like a meeting within three hours." Sonicblaze turned his head to look at Optimus who began to move. "And until we know how to turn the harness off I want Prime to remain here with a guard at all times. No exceptions."

Nebraska

Before Mirror Blade was a drone, an experiment of Delta's that should become sentient at any time. It took years of research to figure out a way to move things along and once Delta found a formula, he ran with it.

Mirror Blade gave his scientist a pat on the shoulder before going to check on his prisoner's. He will ask the new Decepticon to kill one of the Autobots, perferrably Bumblebee. Hopefully with the young Autobot's death it will send a message of fear to NEST.

Thanks to Torque and two drones the cells were fully complete with floors and walls. He had put Trace in a newer cell but left the younger Autobot to suffer in a dark room with a mud floor. It was a surprise that Bumblebee was even still alive considering all what Delta has put him through.

Once Mirror Blade made his way to Trace's cell he saw that the Autobot was slumped over in the corner. Wonder if he was in stasis? Well there was only one way to find out.

Mirror Blade went to the cell door, flipped open a panel and pushed a series of buttons. This sent an electric charge to Trace's harness causing the Autobot to scream in agony. Trace's hands flew to his head as though to rip off his helmet.

"I see you are still alive." Mirror Blade stopped the current so he can make his way to Bumblebee's cell. "Autobot, you alive in there?" He got a quiet beep in response. "Well, hopefully you'll survive to see tomorrow."

"Mirror Blade, the drone is ready." Delta's voice came through Mirror Blade's inner-communication link. "I will start the process of taking him out of stasis."

"Excellent. I will contact Prime and set up a time and place for a meet up."`

18. Jazzfan0217

AWESOME !!!!! excellent work Alphie :thumb  you really know how to write the scenes with Optimus and the harness controling him, poor Optimus he's having to sit back and watch himself do things he would never do :(  i like the parts with Bumblebee and Trace in their cells. wonder what's goona happen to Bee. must see what happens next !!! :popcorn  !!!

19. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Jazzfan0217 - Glad you like my ideas on Optimus, Bee and Trace. I was a bit worried that I went a bit too far with it.

20. Jazzfan0217

nah, its interesting keeps me on tha edge of my seat :D  keep up the good work, can't wait for the next chapter :thumb  !!!