DOTM - The Unknowns

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by alphie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey Boy it has been awhile. LOL Don't read this unless you want to be spoiled.

Still a bit rough, but hopefully I'll be able to flush things out as I go long.

Chapter 1

The NEST Headquarters was alive with activity as Autobots and humans began to rebuild what was nearly destroyed last month. Because of the attack on Chicago the American government reactivated their involvement with the Autobots. Though Megatron, Starscream and Shockwave were all dead there were plenty of Decepticons still out there to hunt down. Come next month NEST patrols will began in several major cities in the hopes to prevent another attack like the one that had happened in Chicago.

"Prime, you should be taking it easy. Your wounds have not yet healed."

Optimus Prime shook his head at Ratchet. "Do not worry, old friend my arm is doing much better." He flexed his fingers to show that the circuits were well connected and working. "You do amazing work, Ratchet."

"But I'm not a magician!" Ratchet shook his head. "At least wear the sling for another week. I still need to run more tests to make sure the arm is fully functional before you go off on patrol."

"Very well." Optimus gingerly moved his stiff shoiulder till he had his arm inside a large, nano-sling made up of small robots. "How is Bumblebee?"

Ratchet let out a deep sigh as he crossed his arms. "The young bot fought very bravely in Chicago, but it has now hit him at what he saw there." He looked up at Optimus, his eyes showing his concern. "He blames himself for Que's death."

"It is I that should be blamed for what had happened...."

"But you didn't know that Sentinel would betray us like that."

"Just wish I was there to save Ironhide...." Optimus Prime's voice faded off as his mind went to a friend he will never see again.

Ratchet reached up and gently patted Optimus on the shoulder. "There was nothing you could have done."

"Well, look whose up and moving." Said Lennox as he approached the two Autobots with a huge smile on his face. "Optimus, it appears we are ahead of schedule."

"That is very good news indeed." Optimus gave his human friend a huge smile. "And how are the people of Chicago?"

Lennox took a deep breath before shaking his head. "Many still wish you had died in the Xanthium explosion even though that would have meant the end to this planet." He put his hands inside the pockets of a coat as he walked along side the Autobots. "Do you think there are any more of you good guys out there?"

Optimus shrugged. "Only time will tell, but hopefully some were able to escape Cybertron before it was destroyed."

Missouri

The morning sun shone into Jeremy Barnheart's room waking him from a restless night of rest. At first he didn't know where he was but then everything came rushing back to him. He was staying at his parents' farmhouse in order to clean it out before the wrecking crew came to tear it down.

He took a deep breath, swung his legs out from under the covers then stood up. Frankie, a boxer/beagle mix came tottering over to him with a wag of his tail.

"Hey, boy." Jeremy petted the dog's large head before making his way into the restroom. "Where's Phoenix?" The dog just cocked his head to the side before plodding away.

Once Jeremy was finished with his shower he made his way downstairs to see that Phoenix had already made breakfast. Some cold bacon, toast and eggs were waiting on the dining room table with a note that read, "Out mucking the barn."

Jeremy sat down at the table to eat and read the latest newspaper that had a section dedicated to those killed in Chicago. He flipped through it till he found his parents' names and pictures. They had been killed while fleeing, their bodies so far gone it took their clothes and other belongings to indentify them. Wonder if they felt anything or if it was a quick death?

He finished the cold breakfast, put on his John Deer hat then made his way out to the barn. It was a shame the farm was to be bulldozed but there was no way he or his brother could keep the place running. In fact their father had already began to sale off some of the property leaving only twenty acres out of two hundred to help pay for their RV trip around the United States.

By the time Jeremy made his way to the barn he saw that Phoenix had already cleaned out three of the ten stalls. All the horses were sold off last week with the money being split between both brothers.

Jeremy found his younger brother in the far stall with a wheelbarrow full of horse manure and hay. The smell was comforting to Jeremy and he took it all in knowing he might not experience it again.

Phoenix leaned against his shovel with a huge small on his face. "Bout time you woke up." He signed with his hands.

"Sorry, I had forgotten what farm life was really like." Jeremy signed even though he knew his brother could read lips. "You ready to tackle that old well at the back of the property?"

"Not really." Phoenix laughed, a strange sound to those not use to it. "But I guess it has to be done."

While Phoenix finished with the stall Jeremy went to start up the bulldozer. As he drove it through what remained of the property his mind began to go back to happier days. He had grown up on the farm and had explored every inch of it with his brothers. The well was actually part of an old homestead, possibly the original one to the farm. In fact, old foundations could still be found if one knew where to look.

Jeremy turned off the bulldozer before jumping down to check on the crumbling wall of the well. It's been years since he's since it and was surprised it was relatively intact.

"Sorry old friend, but having an open well is not good for business."

Chicago

Most of the streets have been cleared of cars but several military personal were still shifting through what remained of the humans caught up in the attack. It was a grissly task but it had to be done in order to get the remains back to families who could bury what was left of them.

Sergeant Thomas Barnheart made his way down the street with his M16 cradled in his arms. After the attack he was sworn in as an official NEST team member, an honor he carried more for his parents than for himself.

Dino, a red Autobot who chose a Ferrari as an alt mode walked along side him with his blades out. Why would a robot, built for fighting choose such a high end vehicle to transform into?

"Sergeant Barnheart, you've been patrolling for hours. I believe it is time for you to take a rest."

"Nah, Dino I'm good." Thomas stepped up onto car to get a good look at his surroundings. "It's going to take years for this city to rebuild."

Dino knelt down with a shake of his head. "I am sorry we brought this war to your world."

"The Autobots had no choice, it was meant to be this way." Thomas could see his parents RV parked near the end of the street. "Come, I need to check something out."

"Here, let me at least give you a ride." Dino transformed into his vehicle mode and opened the passenger's door. "Hop in."

It was nice to sit down but it didn't take long for them to reach the RV. Thomas slowly got out, took a deep breath then made his way inside the vehicle. Windows have been shattered letting in debris, rain and even wildlife. And as he took a look around he noticed looters have come and gone leaving only more destruction in their wake.

Dino knelt on both knees in order to get a better look inside. "What is this?"

"My parent's home while they were traveling." He went into the bedroom and saw pictures still tacked up on the walls. "They arrived in Chicago just before the first wave of Decepticons did." He pulled a thumbtack out of a picture to get a better look at it. "They never stood a chance."

Thomas found a small bag to put in the few personal belongings that survived the looting then went back out to the street. Dino gently gave Thomas' back a gentle pat before he shifted into car mode.

"I think it's time you took a break." Said Dino. "Lets head back to NEST and replenish ourselves."

Missouri

The bulldozer dug through the thick mud with ease making the task of filling in the old well rather simple. But by doing so, Jeremy was making a new hole that would need some leveling out. He moved several levers till the bucket was over the well and here he dumped the load. Phoenix took his shovel, leveled out the dirt then motioned for Jeremy to continue.

Jeremy dug through the earth again, however this time the teeth scrapped against something metallic. Curious, he stopped the machine, got out then jumped into the small pit. Phoenix followed suit, his heavy work books making a dull thud as he landed on the object.

"What do you think it might be?" Signed Phoenix before kneeling to brush away some dirt in order to get a better view. "Do you think it's one of them?"

"I'm not sure." Jeremy kneeled beside his brother to get a better look at a pattern all too familiar to him. "It's a Decepticon!" He quickly got out his cell phone and dialed a number he has seen numerous times on television. "Yes, I would like to report that we found a robot."

Washington D.C.

When the report came to Lennox he knew they had to get moving fast before the Decepticon awoke from it's long slumber. As he gathered his gear he heard familiar heavy footsteps behind him.

"I thought Ratchet told you to take it easy." Lennox turned around to see Optimus Prime's red and blue armor causing a smile to cross his face. "I didn't think you could transform yet."

Optimus knelt to one knee in order to see Lennox much better. "I cannot let you face this unknown foe by yourselves."

"Optimus, you suffered severe injuries by Sentinel." Lennox shook his head as he swung a backpack over one shoulder. "Besides, we have the Wreckers now. They'll be able to give us the suppoert we need while Dino, Sideswipe and Jolt are up in Chicago."

A concerned look crossed the metallic plates of Optiums' face. "Very well."

Lennox's eyes fell upon the Autobot leader's right arm which had been severed beyond the shoulder. It took all of Ratchet's skill to attach the arm back on, unfortunately without Que's help he was rather limited to what he could do. Because of this Optimus still had many more treatments before he had complete full use of the limb.

"Listen, I will call when we have seen this Decepticon." He gave Optimus' leg a pat as he walked past. "Don't worry, you'll be back to your old self in no time."

He made his way through the large building till he came upon Bumblebee sitting all alone at Que's old station. It would be good for the young Autobot to go on a mission in order to get his mind off of Que.

"Bee, you're coming with us."

Bumblebee shook his head. "I'm not ready."

"It'll be good for you to get out." Lennox gave Bumblebee a gentle pat on the arm as he leaned against his leg. "Should be a quick recovery mission."

"Guess then I will go." Bumblebee got up, transformed into vehicle mode then opened the passenger door. "Get in before I change my mind."

Somewhere in Kansas

His system was near shutting down, but Trace couldn't move to get more energon. He was about to attempt to anyway when a gentle hand stopped him.

"Don't move, you are badly injured." Came First Aid's voice. "Don't you worry though it appears our ship should be functional enough to run the repair bay."

"What had happened to us?"

"Mirror Blade and his minions attacked us. He had taken out Echo and now we do not know where he is."

Trace felt as First Aid attached a tube to his side. "And the others?"

"Sonicblaze is in stasis and Beltline is gravely injured."

"How about those in the pods?"

"We lost a few when we crashed but the others are doing well."

Trace nodded. "Very well. Let me know when Sonicblaze awakes."

Missouri- Three Hours Later

Night was now upon them and with the help of several spotlights they were able to fully see the work area so the Wreckers could finish their job. From what they uncovered the Decepticon was about the size of Starscream and appeared to still be in a rather strange comet form.

"Optimus, have you seen anything like this before?" Lennox asked to a video camera that was set up so Optimus could see the discovery.

"I have not. Ratchet, can you read any of the Cybertronian?"

Ratchet knelt down to point to one in particular. "I have seen this tattoo on many who were prisoners of Shockwave's."

Lennox moved aside as the Wreckers began to lift the large robot from the Earth. As the form came into view Lennox couldn't help but to be impressed at what he saw. The robot was like no other he has ever seen before, it's armor so dull not even light reflected off of it.

"Okay, get it into the bird right away!" Lennox turned to the owners of the farmland and gave them a smile. "Thanks for letting us know about the Transformer and now we should be on our way."

The youngest brother signed something to the other, the latter translating for him. "Phoenix is wondering about our brother, Thomas Barnheart. He's stationed in Chicago right now."

"Ah yes, he's a new recruit of ours." Lennox nodded at Ratchet who quickly came forward. "Get hold of Dino. Tell him Sergeant Barnheart's brothers are wanting to speak to him."

Chicago

The barracks for NEST was inside an old high school just outside downtown and it was here that Thomas found himself sitting with men who had similar stories like his own. He sat with a group of six soldiers, all of whom had lost somebody in the attacks at Chicago.

A young man named Victor took a sip of beer before giving Thomas a smile. "So I see you and that Dino bot have become good friends."

Thomas gave Victor a shrug then a shake of the head. "Though Dino may be a little hot headed, he's a good bot to have on your side."

"Did I hear someone mention my name?" Dino came striding into the camp with a huge smile on his face. "Barnheart, you got a call."

Thomas quickly got up and followed Dino towards the command center hoping his brothers were well. Upon entering the large tent Thomas could see that a video link had been set up.

Dino gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder. "You're brothers want to talk to you. This should help clear your head, so take your time."

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I like very much! I always enjoy your writing Alphie. =D

3. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 2

Kansas

With energon now flowing through his system, Trace was able to check out Sonicblaze who still sat in his command chair. The Autobot usually had a blue glow since he carried more energon than most, but right now he barely could light up a room. They definitely needed more fuel but they were down to their last three barrells.

Red Alert came into the cockpit with a grim look on his face. "We lost two of our team and if we don't get help soon more will follow."

Trace gave the medic a nod before he went to a computer monitor. "We are on a planet called Earth, more spefically someplace named Kansas." His fingers deftly went over several keys till he came up with a language. "Okay, have the team that is awake download any information they can get...."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Trace but Echo's energy signature just came up." A young Autobot by the name of Windcharger said as he sprinted into the cockpit. "There were also several Autobot readings."

"Do you think it might be Sentinel?" Questioned Red Alert.

"Not sure, but we can't let Echo fall back into his hands." Trace shook his head as he turned to Red Alert. "Get Sonicblaze functional and make sure we don't loose any more Bots."

Red Alert nodded as he began to attach several tubes to Sonicblaze's chest. "I'm just glad the commander didn't blow us up." He nodded towards Windcharger. "You should take the rookie with you. It'll be good for him to go on a scout mission that doesn't involve burning himself out."

A huge smile spread across Windcharger's face. "Really?"

Trace went up to the smaller robot with a nod. "Yeah, but watch your energy readings. I don't want to drag your tailpipe home again."

NEST Headquarters

When the team arrived back at base Optimus hurried to help them out with the Decepticon. Right behind him was Jolt who had arrived only moments ago from Chicago. Hopefully with his help they'll be able to get the robot out of his transportation mode in order for Optimus to see if it was anyone of importance.

"Wreckers, stand guard." He pointed to Jolt who already had his hands charging to deliver an electrical charge to the Decepticon. "Jolt, one shock should be all it will need."

"Yeah, sure I will once again use my ability to only bring bots back from the brink of death."

Optimus shook his head. "Not now Jolt."

Jolt rolled his optics at Optimus as he went towards the Decepticon so he could place his hands onto his matte black armor. He cracked his neck from side to side before letting out several volts of electricty through his fingers.

The bot instantly began to jerk from side to side causing everybody to be on guard. With his good arm still not battle ready Optimus had to use his left in order to hold a rifle. Below him he could see Lennox inching closer to the Decepticon as Jolt sent another shock through the bot's systems.

A loud shriek filled the room as the bot unfolded itself into it's robotic form. Before Optiums had time to bark out an order the Wreckers were already on top of it, securing it's limbs to the examine chair.

"By the Allspark...." Ratchet whispered, his right arm lowering his rifle. "It has no optics...."

Lennox was gently picked up by Bumblebee so he too could get a closer look at the Decepticon. "Where is it's face?"

The robot's body suddenly relaxed and by doing so, the battle shield protecting it's face slid away. Upon looking at the strange metallic being laying in front of him Optimus lowered his rifle before placing it onto a table.

"I don't think he means us any harm." His optics fell upon what appeared to be a Decepticon symbol on the bot's left shoulder. "That's no ordinary Decepticon tattoo, that's a blend of both badges."

"How can the damn thing see when there is a metal plate bolted to his head?" Asked Leadfoot.

"Who...who are you?" The bot began to pull at it's restraints as his head turned to Optimus. "Your spark, I have never seen one so strong."

Optimus went to the bot's side, his optics wide wtih awe. "How can you see my spark?" He asked in Cybertronian.

"A gift that I wish was not mine." This time the bot spoke in English. "Please, I will not need restraints. As you can see I will not be able to get very far."

"Wreckers, release him." Leadfoot did as Optimus said and thankfully the bot didn't move. "What is your name?"

The bot slowly sat up, his limbs eerily quiet as he did so. "My name is Echo."

Optimus stuck out his left hand for a shake then realized the robot couldn't possibly be able to see. But Echo surprised him by accepting the handshake with a huge smile on his face.

"It's good to be with Autobots once again."

One Hour Later

Though it was late Lennox couldn't sleep, not with a mysterious Transformer in their mists. Currently he sat on a catwalk as Ratchet went through Echo's systems to make sure all were functional. As the bot moved his limbs Lennox was surprised to hear no mechanical sound. In the past five years Lennox has grown accustom to the loud whirring and clicking that came whenever one of the Autobot's moved. So what made this one different?

His eyes slowly shifted over to where the Autobots all sat in a vehicle mode, except for one. Ever since he was nearly killed by Sentinel Optimus has not been able to transform so he usually sat leaned up against a wall. And the only way one could tell he was in stasis was the fact he's eyes would dim.

"You should get to bed, Lennox." Ratchet went to the catwalk with a heavy sigh and a shake of his head. "We all had a rather long day."

"What do you make of Echo?"

"Echo is far more advanced than anything I have ever seen. He tells me that he was a prisoner of Shockwave's but experimented on by Sentinel." The hurt was evident in his glowing blue eyes. "Apparently the space bridge wasn't the only thing Sentinel had in mind. If what Echo tells me is true, the fallen Prime has a whole army of advanced Autobots with abilities we have never seen before."

"My God...." Lennox's eyes shifted again to Optimus as he got to his feet. "Does Optimus know about this?"

Ratchet shook his head. "No, I'm waiting till morning. Optimus will need his rest if he wants to heal." The Autobot paramedic leaned in close, his glowing blue eyes just inches from Lennox's face. "Lennox, Echo tells me that Sentinel was going to use him as a sniper...."

Lennox eyes got wide as everything began to fall into place. "Though he's blind he saw Optimus' spark which must mean...." His voice faded off as he took a step back to look at the new Autobot. "If the Decepticons get hold of him...."

"Then it's game over for us." Ratchet finished.

"I want somebody guarding him around the clock." Lennox ran a hand through his hair as he began to pace. "And if there is more Autobot's like him out there then we need to find them." He went back to Ratchet and patted the medic on the shoulder. "I'm going to get some sleep but wake me if you find anything else."

Missouri - Early Morning

After a four hour drive Trace eventually found himself at Echo's last location which appeared to be a human farm settlement. A quick scan showed the Deceptibot sniper was no where nearby. Which means he was either in Sentinel's hands or the humans. Either one the technology that Echo held within his body could be lethal if on the wrong side.

Trace swiftly went to the garage, saw an old, blue pickup parked inside and knew what had to be done. He motioned for Windcharger to help him move the human vehicle to a secret location so he could take it's shape. And as for Windcharger, he decided to keep the one of the Ford Mustang till he found a more suitable vehicle.

"Stay a few streets down. I will let you know when I have possecion of the human."

Windcharger nodded. "Got it. Any word on Sonicblaze?"

"The commander is slowly waking up and within ten hours he should be with us on patrol." Trace transformed into the pickup and nudged Windcharger's legs with his bumper. "Get going before anybody sees you."

XXXX

It was the garage door that awoke Jeremy from light sleep and thanks to the current events only one thing jumped into his mind. Before leaving his room he searched for the bat that he kept hidden underneath the bed. Though the bat wouldn't protect him from a mechanical alien species just holding it brought him courage.

Phoenix stumbled out of his room with Cookie, a hearing aid dog right at his heals. "What is going on?" He signed.

"Nothing, just go back to bed."

"But you have a bat. Why do you have a bat?"

"Thought I heard something, now go."

Phoenix shook his head. "No, I go with you." He disappeared inside his room for just a few moments before reappearing with a shotgun. "This will be better than that stupid bat."

Though his brother now had firepower, Jeremy still didn't let go of the bat. He hoped by threatening to hit a vehicle it would transform and show its true self.

When Jeremy opened the garage door he fumbled around till he found the light switch. As he flipped it on he half expected to see a robot but instead, sitting beofore him was the old, beat up farm truck that once belonged to their dad. Nothing seemed to be amiss, but Jeremy wanted to make sure.

"Phoenix give me the shotgun." When he felt the cold steel against the palm of his hands Jeremy quickly chambered a round into the barrell. "Okay, if you are really a robot you better show yourself now or I will shoot!"

The driver's side door popped open startling Jeremy so much he actually jumped back into Phoenix. Why would a Transformer want with them?

"Get in, the both of you." Came a deep, mechanical voice from within the truck's cab. "NOW!"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

awesome

5. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    moar please? Seriously, you have me interested!

6. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

You really need to make more and soon, this fan-fic is as close to realistic as it can get, if Transformers 4 comes out, this would be a great script.

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    NEST Headquarters

When Echo came out of stasis he felt much stronger than he had in cycles. He slowly moved his limbs half expecting to have them secured then realized Optimus Prime had allowed him freedom. He slowly moved his head around to see several spark signatures nearby. But one in particular was so bright that if he had optics he'll be squinting.

His senstive audio receptors picked up numerous noises which in turn helpd him see his sorroundings. It was strange the way he saw the world, but thanks to Shockwave he no longer had optics. Echo had experienced many cruel experiments through the hands of Shockwave just so he could become the Decepticon's primary weapon.

"How are you feeling this morning, Echo?"

Echo nodded at the Autobot medic as he put his boots onto the floor. "I haven't felt this good in cycles."

"That is good to hear." Ratchet's spark seemed to sadden. "Optimus Prime would like to talk to you."

As the Autobot commander made his way to Echo, the vibrations caused an image to appear. Echo could easily see that Optimus had suffered an injury to his right arm since he had it in a sling.

"Good to see you are doing much better, Echo." Optimus stuck out his hand and gave Echo's shoulder a pat. "Ratchet has told me a lot about you."

Echo took a deep breath, nodded his head then took out his sniper rifle. "You want to see how I do it." He deftly changed out rounds till he had a non-lethal projectile inside the chamber. "Unfortunately I will need an Autobot
    that is willing to be shot."

Another spark, this one a little chaotic came up to them. "I'll do it."

"Okay Roadbuster, walk to the end of the bay." Optimus said. "Echo, whenever you are ready let us know."

Echo brought the large rifle up to his shoulder then zeroed in on the spark several yards away. He relaxed his systems and said a quick prayer before pulling the trigger. Even his weapon had been silenced so the only sound it made was a dull thud.

"Holy bloody hell!" Shouted Roudbuster as a loud clank could be heard. "That was a dead on shot!"

"By the Allspark..." Optiums' voice faded as he approached Echo's side. "How...you can not see?"

Echo rested the large rifle across a shoulder and gave the Autobot commander a shrug. "I can read the energy signauture that comes off of a spark." He tapped the metallic visor where his optics should be. "My optics were taken out by Sentinel, my hearing was increased by Shockwave and with major tweaking with my joints they now have a weapon that is both silent and invisible."

Optimus shook his head. "But if you are an Autobot...."

"All the bots in my unit has had or still has their control harnesses on." Echo pointed to the base of his helmet. "Nasty bit of technology that controls the body but not the mind."

Lennox came up to them, his human heart beating strong within his chest. "Kind of like the watch Sam was made to wear."

"Colonel Lennox, an energon signature just popped up in Kansas City, just seventy miles from where we found Echo!" Shouted a male voice.

"Okay team, it could be Echo's unit!" Shouted Lennox. "Echo, you stay here. We don't want to risk you falling into the wrong hands" Echo gave the human a quick nod. "Good, lets move out!"

XXXX

As the NEST team gathered their things Optimus went to find his medic. When he did he saw that Ratchet was working on what appeared to be a part of Optimus' arm. Ratchet let out a growl of frustration, threw down a wrench and shook his head.

"Optimus, without Que I am unable to figure out how to rework your shoulder joint." He picked up the piece he was working on then waved to the examine chair. "Go ahead and lay down, we will see if this is better for you."

"What is wrong with the one I have now?"

"It's just a temporary piece that won't survive multiple transformations."
    When Optimus sat down on the chair Ratchet motioned for several humans to come help out. "Okay Optimus, I'm going to turn off your pain sensors. Sergeant Mayfield, keep an eye on his vitals for me."

Optimus glanced over to see Ratchet slowly taking apart his shoulder joint till the arm was completely off. Wonder how much longer it'll be before he can transform?

"Okay, attaching the new joint now." Ratchet gently put pressure on Optimus' shoulder till the part popped into place. "There, now rotate it for me." Optimus attempted to and shook his head in frustration. "Just what I feared, the transformation cog is causing us problems."

"Can I fight with the temporary piece?"

"You could, but it might not last through the whole battle." Ratchet put the old piece back on and reattached the arm. "I'm sorry Optimus we just don't have the parts to repair you."

Optimus slowly sat up, rotated his arm then flexed the fingers. "It'll have to do for now."

Ratchet shook his head clearly frustrated at himself. "I am so sorry Optimus, I wish I could be of more help."

Optimus gave his friend a pat on the shoulder. "You did all you could do."

Kansas City

The unknown robot drove through downtown Kansas City, for what reason only it knew. But according to several news reports energon dectectors have been erected in major cities in the hopes of spotting Transformers. Did this robot know about them? Was it leading the Autobots to a trap?

Jeremy took a deep breath as he peered out the driver's side window. Where was the robot taking them? Was it something to do with his brother, Thomas?

A light pat brought his attention to Phoenix. "I'm getting real hungry."

"I know, but I doubt he'll pull over and get us food." Jeremy signed.

Phoenix let out a loud huff and shook his head. "Where is it taking us?"

"Not sure, but the Autobots will find us soon."

"What is that language you are using with your hands?" The deep voice said from the dashboard.

Jeremy gave the robot a shrug. "It's American Sign Language, but with a bit of slang mixed in."

"Interesting. That will explain why he does not talk."

Phoenix's hands angerly moved through the air as though he was shouting. "I am not liking this robot at all!"

"Phoenix! Calm down!"

The truck came to a sudden stop on the side of the road. "Enough!"

Jeremy crossed his arms as he brought his attention back to the window. "What is your name and where are you taking us?"

"My name is Trace and I am a Deceptibot. I kidnapped you in the hopes to lure the Autobots out of hiding."

Phoenix shook his head. "Great, we're hostages." As he signed, Jeremy translated for Trace.

Trace took a deep, mechanical breath. "Yes, in a way. We have three hours till we get to the shuttle, I would like it if you two remain quiet."

Kansas

The sudden influx of energon into his systems caused trapped air to escape his mouth in a loud gasp. The first thought in his mind was to fight but a gentle hand pushed him back down. It took a few moments for his optics to kick on and when they did, he saw a welcome sight.

"Red Alert, where are we? What year is it?"

The Autobot medic gave Sonicblaze a smile. "We are on Earth, a place called Kansas and the year is 2011."

Sonicblaze slowly sat up with some help from Red Alert. "And the team?"
    The medic paused at this question. "What has happened?"

Red Alert shook his head. "Echo has been taken by the humans. Trace is
    with Windcharger hoping to draw out Optiumus Prime."

"I had hoped not to hear that name again." Sonicblaze patted Red Alert on the arm as he staggered to his feet. "Thank you for taking over for medic."

"I can only do so much till Beaker is revived."

Sonicblaze took a look around the command center till his optics came upon Beltline. "By the Allspark, is he alive?"

"Barely, we need the Matrix of Leadership...."

Blade Runner came into the room with a loud huff. "That is just a myth spouted to us by Sentinel Prime to scare us into serving."

Naito stepped into the room, dragging his damaged left leg. "If the story of the Primes are true, then Optimus might have it in his possecion right now." He slumped down onto an available seat with a shake of his head. "We lost three more bots."

"Any word from Trace?" Asked Sonicblaze to nobody in particular.

Red Alert went to a computer, typed in a sequence then brought up a holo-image. "He's about three hours from here." He pointed to another signature several miles away. "And these are other spark signatures coming our way."

"Okay, all of you who are compable go out and get an Earth mode." Sonicblaze went to his sniper and crossed his arms. "Naito, you will remain on guard. Once the humans get close give them a warning shot."

NEST C-17

Being in vehicle mode gave Bumblebee time to think on the events of last month. He had watched four of his close friends die in front of him and he did nothing. Why didn't he do something? Why couldn't he save them? How could he have led the Autobots to an ambush which in turn killed Que? Ratchet had said he did good, but if that was true then the old scientist would still be with them.

"You've been rather quiet, Bee. What's going on?" Lennox asked as he made his way to Bumblebee's side. "Listen, if it's about Chicago, there was nothing
    you could have done."

"I led them...into a trap." Said Bumblebee by scanning through and using different radio stations. "I should not have...went down wrong...street."

Lennox shook his head. "The Decepticons had patrols all throughout that
    city, you wouldn't have known where they were." He gave Bumblebee's hood a gentle pat. "You really proved yourself that day, Bee."

"Did I?" Bumblebee nudged Lennox with the driver's side door. "Can I get some...peace?"

"Yeah sure, no problem." Lennox took one last look at Bumblebee before heading towards Epps. "Glad to see you decided to come back."

Epps gave Lennox a shrug as he checked his rifle. "Well, Chicago made me realize that retirement was whack." He motioned to the transformers around them, a huge smile on his face. "I miss these guys."

Lennox sat down next to his friend with a laugh. "Thought you enjoyed working with the Wreckers at NASA?"

"Yeah, it was all right but with the Xanthium gone there's really nothing to work on." Epps took a deep breath before looking down at the new bars on his uniform. "Can't believe they made me a Major."

"You deserve it." Lennox looked at the other two Autobots, Sideswipe and Jolt who sat inside the plane then back at Bumblebee. "Bee hasn't been himself since Chicago...he blames himself for Que's death."

Epps shook his head. "He's young, unfortunately he'll probably see more of his friends die before this war is officially over."

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    By the way I updated a scene in Chapter 1. :)  Thanks to a friend Optimus now has a nano sling and not cloth.

9. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

Next chapter?

10. henderson2k11

henderson2k11 Well-Known Member

i am loving this

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 4

NEST Headquarters

Not being able to see has never dampened Echo's spirits. In fact even though he had been through many cruel experiments his attitude on life always remained upbeat. And while the team was away he decided to take the downtime to clean his rifle. Though he couldn't see it's components he knew each part by texture.

"So, what was life like on Cybertron for you?" Asked Ratchet.

Echo gave the Autobot medic a shrug. "Well, before I was taken by Shockwave I was a mining drone for several cycles. Really didn't know anything else other than what I was programmed to do." He smiled. "When I was taken captive by Shockwave they infused my spark with a dying Autobot's which in turn gave me life." He took a thin, metallic brush and used it to clean out the rifle's barrell. "In a way, I'm thankful for the Decepticons."

"But the experiments...."

"Were brutal, I know." Echo flexed his fingers wishing he could see them. "When they took out my optics I thought my life was done for, but ever since then I have learned to cope with my disability."

Optimus' spark appeared before them, a beacon of light in an otherwise dark world. "You said your team has abilities that made them prime canditates for these experiments. Was it Sentinel that pushed for them or Shockwave?"

Echo put down the rifle barrell with a heavy sigh. "We all trusted Sentinel..." He picked up another part and began to clean it. "When Autobots began disappearing, none of us knew, not until Sonicblaze came back."

"And what happened then?"

"We began searching for those who went missing." Echo applied lubricant to several pieces of machinery before piecing it back together. "Once we did, we deactivated their control harnesses and fled Cybertron. That was when Sentinel decided to flee with the pillars. He knew with us gone there was no hope for him or the Decepticons."

Optimus' spark showed sadness. "Many, including myself put trust in Sentinel. If I only knew what he did to you and your unit I would have never revived him."

Echo shook his head. "Do not blame yourself, Optimus. One should never look to the past, for it will only make you yearn for what you can never change. Instead set your mind to what lays in front of you, for that path has yet to be made."

Chicago

A loud shrill of an alarm woke Thomas from a restless sleep causing him to sit upright in bed. He quickly threw on some pants, his jacket and slipped on his boots all while men around him did the same. According to his brief NEST training anytime an alarm went off it only meant one thing, Decepticons.

"Four energon readings was spotted in Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska." Shouted Tyron 'Baby Face'Henderson as he came running to Thomas' bunk. "We're heading out in 1000 hours!"

"Did you say Missouri?"

Tyron's shoulders slumped as he shook his head. "I'm sure your brothers are okay."

Thomas took a deep breath as he tied up his boots. "I really hope so." He got up to button his jacket and to get his uniform in check before heading to the gym. "Where is Colonel Lennox?"

"Not sure, they don't tell me these things."

"Are the Autobots still here or are they with them?"

Tyron laughed. "Dude, you'll get all your answers in the gym." He gave Thomas' shoulder a slap as he waved towards the hallway. "Lets go!"

Thomas grabbed his helmet and all his gear including an M16 rifle and a portable energon detector before running to the gym. Once inside he noticed Dino standing at one end along with Prowl, both looking rather serious. The latter was a new Autobot arrival with just two days on planet.

"It appears we have some Decepticons coming out of hiding!" Announced Prowl as he moved forward to get a look at all the human soldiers. "Energon detectors have been going off in Kansas City, Kansas and Missouri, along with Lincoln, Nebraska! I was told by Lennox that a team needs to go check these out!"

Dino pointed directly at Thomas. "Thomas, you'll be riding with me. The rest of ya know who you are so lets move out!"

Kansas

Lennox didn't care so much for the location, it was rather open with no cover to be found except for the occasional stalk of corn. He took one last look around before sending his team foward. Hopefully he could trust Echo and not suspect a trap waiting for them.

Sideswipe knelt down to study fresh tire tracks. "They've gotten Earth modes."

A loud rifle shot brought everybody to the ground, but Lennox didn't hear any of his men get shot. He took a long look around before raising his hands into the air.

"Don't shoot! Echo told us the coordinates!"

"Remain where you are!" Came a deep voice from in front of Lennox. "Sonicblaze is on his way out!"

Sideswipe let out a loud curse as he slowly got up. "Tell that traitor to get out here at once!"

A gray mid-sixties Impala came speeding out from an opening from within the ground. When it was only a hundred yards out it transformed to reveal a stocky robot. But something was different about him, he almost appeared to be glowing.

"Sideswipe it has been awhile." The robot's voice held an air of authority to it. "And I did not desert the Autobots, I was taken as a slave by the Decepticons."

Another robot appeared before Lennox as though he had been hiding behind a wall. How was that possible? There was nothing there but corn stalks and sky.

"Where is Echo? What did you all do to him?" This new robot had a large rifle aimed towards the team. "Is Sentinel with you?"

Lennox slowly got to his feet, his eyes scanning between the two new robots. "Sentinel is dead along with Starscream, Megatron and Shockwave."

The bot's optics got real wide as he lowered his rifle. "By the Allspark...Who is running the Decepticons?"

"No one, they have scattered and formed small pockets throughout Earth." Sideswipe explained. "We have teamed up with the humans to help find them."

"Don't let your guard down, Naito!" Shouted the glowing bot. "If Mirror Blade is to find out that all the Decepticon leaders are dead then he will began to gather forces."

Jolt shook his head. "He is but one Decepticon out of many. How could he possibly make any difference?"

"You don't know Mirror Blade as we do." The bot pointed his rifle down at Lennox. "How can you trust something that is so weak?"

Epps shook his head. "I ain't liking these robots."

"Yeah, something about them doesn't sit right with me." He turned to Jolt who stood with his arms crossed. "Jolt, get the video camera. Hopefully Optimus can talk some sense into these bots!"

Inside Unknown Autobot Shuttle

The small room had a dim light that flickered on occasion to reveal various mechanical parts. Jeremy sat with his back against a wall with Phoenix next to him playing with what appeared to be a large gear. Trace had brought them back to his shuttle, led them into this room then locked the door behind him. And according to Jeremy's watch it has been over two hours since Trace had brought them here. How much longer will they have to wait?

Phoenix shook his head as he threw the gear down. "When can we get food?"

"Not real sure but hopefully soon." Jeremy's stomach let out a loud growl causing him to grimace. "I hate these machines...If it wasn't for them mom and dad would still be alive." He paused in his hand movements to let out a loud sigh of frustration. "Why here? Why our planet?"

"Not real sure, but at least they saved our planet from the Decepticons."

"And how many times do you think they'll have to do that?" He quickly got up and began to pound his fists against the door. "Let us out!"

When he got no response Jeremy began to slam his whole body against the door in the hopes it'll annoy the robots. It seemed to have worked since heavy footsteps made their way towards them.

The door hissed open revealing Trace, his one good optic staring down at them. "Come, Optimus wishes to see you."

Jeremy's heart jumped into his throat. "The Optimus Prime...."

"Yeah, come on!"

The brother's followed the Autobot through the massive hallway, up a ramp and back into daylight. Jeremy slowly made his way towards a man wearing black military fatigues and a gentle smile.

"Name is Colonel Lennox, we are the NEST team." He shook both the brother's hands before waving towards a camera. "Optimus would like to see that you two are indeed unharmed and doing well."

When Jeremy moved in front of the camera he turned to see Phoenix being assisted by a medic. Knowing his brother was now in good hands he took a deep breath before talking.

"Optimus Prime, my brother and I are doing pretty good. Very hungry and thirsty but otherwise in good health."

"That is great to hear." Came a loud booming voice from speakers beside the camera. "After the team debriefs you, you two are free to go."

Jeremy shook his head. "No, for some reason our family has been drawn to you machines and I want to know why!" He could feel heat creeping up his neck as a months worth of emotions welled to the surface. "I lost my parents in Chicago! My brother is now part of your elite team." He began to pace back and forth. "They even found one of you guys on our property which led to us being kidnapped!"

"Easy, I understand how you're feeling...."

"No you don't, you never will!" Phoenix came to Jeremy's side in the hopes of calming down his older brother but the latter pushed him away. "The only way to identify my parents was by some personal belongings." Tears began to stream down his face as his shoulders slumped forward. "They didn't have to die...."

Lennox went up to Jeremy, his face showing true concern. "I'm real sorry to hear about your loss." He put an arm around Jeremy's shoulder to direct him to a small, black vehicle. "We've lost a lot of close friends both human and Autobot a like."

Jeremy slowly nodded. "Yeah...." He wiped a hand across his eyes and took a deep, shaky breath. "Thanks for helping us."

The glowing Autobot knelt down, his optics clicking as he blinked. "You humans are too emotional. Now, Colonel Lennox where is Echo?"

"With us." Came Prime's voice through the speakers. "Sonicblaze, we have the resources to help your team. If you come to Washington D.C. we can work something out."

Sonicblaze let out a deep, mechanical sigh. "Fine, we'll go but we're not joining your forces."

Nebraska

The sun was setting on the horizon as Mirror Blade sped down the highway towards Kansas City. Behind him five bots drove as vehicles and above were three others who had the forms of stealth jets. They had been in hiding for over sixty years in the hopes that Echo would resurface. And now that he has, it was a race to see who could control him first.

"Mirror Blade, I have tapped into the military lines." Said Tilt, his communication officer. "Unfortunately this NEST team has encrypted their work and it'll take me days to figure out the codes."

"Do not worry, Tilt. We know they will be traveling through Kansas City with a convoy of Sonicblaze's team." Mirror Blade revved the engine of his nineteen-seventy's Challenger alt-mode and sped past a slow driver. "Send a call to all remaining Decepticons and have them meet us there."

12. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

Very nice, can't wait for the next chapters!

13. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    A little update:

Hitting a wall right now, hopefully it won't last long. Also if you all are interested in seeing what some of the characters look like, let me know. Most have been drawn up by artists that I had commissioned.

14. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

I would love to see some characters, it would be nice if you post em on here.

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Okay here is a little treat till I get done with the next chapter.

Sonicblaze during one of his attacks. Artist: Draven.

[​IMG]

Beltline by Dezeras6

[​IMG]

This is the logo that is on them:

[​IMG]

Echo by Josh

[​IMG]

Echo by Draven

[​IMG]

Mirror Blade by Dezeras6 However, in this current story he's a 70's Challenger and not a Corvette as pictured here.

[​IMG]

Echo, Beltline and Sonicblaze by Grungwerx

[​IMG]

Naito by Lizkay

[​IMG]

Blade Runner by Grungwerx

[​IMG]

Mimic by Grungwerx

[​IMG]

Trace by hex hellfire

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  16. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

Those are really nice! Can't wait to see the next chapter.

17. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 5

Kansas City

By the time they had reached Kansas City it was getting dark and for Sonicblaze, that meant being in an unfamiliar enviroment with low energon. Because of his extra reserves he needed much more fuel than most his size. Wonder if the human's gas reserves was fit enough for a Cybertronian?

In front of him was Trace, his tail lights blinking on as the light faded from the sky. Trace had changed his alt-mode from the old pick-up to a Plymouth Roadrunner, a much better form for the bot. In fact, it seemed most of Sonicblaze's team decided on using American muscle for their vehicler modes. The only one who didn't was Windcharger, who chose a Maxximus G-Force.

They were actually in downtown when the convoy decided to stop for a break. Lennox got out of Bumblebee, stretched his arms to the sky then made his way to Sonicblaze who sat at the end.

"Okay, this gas station has the proper fuel for the Autobots." Lennox shook his head as ran a hand down his face. "Unfortunately we've really have never had this many of you guys before. Not real sure how much he has in the tanks."

"How is the rest of my team?"

"The planes should be touching down at NEST in another hour. Your wounded and weak will be taken care of, you can count on that." The human shook his head. "Sorry we didn't have more room for ya guys."

"Not a problem."

Lennox pointed a finger at Trace who carried the human brothers. "Trace seems to have grown attached to the brothers. You know why that is?"

"Trace does, what Trace wants to do." Sonicblaze's mind flashed back to when he saw the Autobot fighting in the gladitor pits back on Cybetron. "He doesn't put a lot of trust in people, but when he does you know he'll be a friend for life."

XXXX

Thanks to Delta's energon cloaking technology, Mirror Blade's team was able to drive right pass the group as they sat at a gas station. He wanted to attack right then and there, but if Mirror Blade did he would bring unwanted attention. Instead he scanned each vehicle signature and kept them in his database.

"Mirror Blade, no other Decepticons wanted to risk coming out in the open so soon after Chicago." Delta reported.

"Figures as much, those cowards." Mirror Blade decided to pull onto the side of the road to wait for the rest of his team. "We will have to wait for the best opportunity, when NEST is least expecting it."

Washington D.C.

The call came over the loud speaker that the planes carrying the injured from Sonicblaze's team were now arriving. Optimus Prime quickly made his way out to the airfield just as the first team was landing. According to Lennox the three planes carried Autobots; Beltline, Naito, Beaker, Perceptor and Mimic along with several dead bodies Sonicblaze said to harvest for spare parts.

"Okay, I want the critical out first." Ratchet ordered as he made his way to Optimus' side. "Wreckers, help me carry them inside!"

Leadfoot ran past them, towards the first plane. "Ya heard Ratchet, lets go!"

The first bot out was Beltline, a tiny robot with large shoulder cannons. Burns covered most of his protoform body, some so deep it might take months for nano-bots to repair. Should Optimus really revive this bot? What life could this Autobot really have?

"By the Allspark...." Ratchet put a hand on Beltline's chest and shook his head. "He's still alive." He snapped his fingers then pointed towards the hanger. "Get him inside now!"

As Optimus followed the team into the hanger he opened his spark chamber to release the Matrix of Leadership. But as he got closer to the Autobot he quickly noticed a dilemma. Large, thick tubes came down from it's shoulder cannons and into the bot's spark chamber.

Ratchet shook his head as he studied what caught Optimus' attention. "I've never seen anything like it before, but it has all the hallmarks of Shockwave."

The medic waved for Optimus to come closer and by doing so the Matrix jumped out of the leader's hands and molded itself into the Autobot's spark cavity.

"Beltline!" Echo came crashing forward, with a look of horror on his face. "Optimus, what have ya done?"

Before Optimus could respond Beltline let out a blood-curdling scream as his whole body jumped from the table. Unsure of what was going on Optimus stepped back till he was against Echo's large frame.

Echo pushed past Optimus to go towards Beltline who appeared to be arming his shoulder cannons. "Beltline, it is me, Echo." The sniper spoke in his native tongue as he took hold of his friend's hand. "Do not fear, you are no longer with Shockwave."

Beltline seemed to settle down, his left hand going towards his chest. "The Matrix of Leadership, is real?" He looked down at his protoform then dropped his head back down onto the table. "Glad to see you made it, Echo."

Optimus Prime went to Beltline's side with a smile on his face. "Welcome to Earth, you are currently at NEST Headquarters, a place we call home." The Matrix slowly floated out from Beltline's chest, reforming itself as it settled back into Optimus' hand. "The rest of your team should be here shortly."

Ratchet shook his head. "Beltline, your burns are severe." He waved for the Wreckers to come forward to help him once again. "Carry him over to the infirmary and be careful that you don't cause him anymore damage."

On the Road

It was odd not driving even though he was sitting behind the steering wheel. Jeremy stretched his arms then turned his attention to Phoenix who appeared to be taking a nap. Wonder what his brother thought about this whole situation? Ever since their parents death Phoenix has been anti-Autobot. And yet, here he was sitting inside his enemy heading towards their main command post in Washington D.C.

"I've been researching on American Sign Language." Said Trace as he pulled in behind Bumblebee. "It is actually a beautiful and complex language."

Jeremy shook his head as horrible memories came flooding back. "When Phoenix was little he kept having ear infections, real bad ones. Then one day an infection set in...causing him to go completely deaf."

"I am sorry to hear of that." Trace let out a deep, mechanical sigh before talking. "Echo, the bot that you found on your property had his optics taken out and since then, it has been rather difficult for him to get around."

"Ow, how does he drive around?"

"He doesn't, he is a flyer. He uses echolocation kind of like your bat species does here."

Phoenix slowly sat up with a yawn. "Are we going to stop for the night?"

Jeremy was about to interpet for Trace, but the Autobot beat him to it by answering Phoenix by using text on his windshield. No, we don't need sleep so we're pulling an all nighter.

A look of confusion spread across Phoenix's face. "How do you know sign?"

I've been doing a lot of research. Text Trace.

Phoenix gave Trace a nod as he snuggled into the passenger seat with a smile on his face. Though the Autobot seemed to be tough with all his scars and missing eye, he was actually quite kind. Wonder if all other Autobots were like him?

XXXX

Above the NEST team Delta flew high enough to stay off of human radar but low enough to keep an optic on the convoy below him. Though he wore the Decepticon badge he started his life as a simple Autobot scientist working under Sentinel Prime. That all changed when he was taken captive by Shockwave and forced to do experiments on his fellow Autobots that drove him slightly mad.

After several lunar cycles under Shockwave's command Delta allowed his control harness to fully take over his mind. Soon after, he was considered by many a prodigy of Shockwave's. Both he and Delta had the same ideas when it came to experimentations so when the Decepticon scientist left for Earth, he put Delta in charge.

Delta saw two of his prisoners below him; Sonicblaze and Blade Runner. A smile crept across his face as he remembered their loud screams as he altered their bodies into what the Decepticons wanted them to become. Wonder if they still fear him?

And now here he was following one of his former prisoners/experiments in the hopes of gaining power over Echo. If they were able to put a control harness on the sniper then the Decepticons would have the upper-hand.

"How is your energon reserves, Delta?"

Delta banked left in order to feel the sun warming his armor. "I can go for three more days, Mirror Blade."

"Very well. Hopefully other Decepticons will soon follow us."

"Do not worry, if our idea works we will have full control of the Autobots and humans by this time next year."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  18. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Chapter 6

Later That Night

Being in command of the NEST Team it was Lennox's job to register the new Transformers into the NBE database. Each bot will have photos taken of them in both robot and vehicle mode along with any weapons they might have on them. It was a tedious process but it made the government happy.

Sergeant James Morrow, NEST's official photographer was currently snapping shots of Perceptor, an Autobot whose intellingence could almost rival Sentinel Prime's. But when the war began on Cybertron he put away his beakers for a sniper rifle. Wonder if he'll return to being a scientist since he is now back with Optimus Prime?

As for the human civilins they were currently being debriefed by Director Mearing. Apparently Trace grew to like the two men and now wanted them to stay at NEST till further notice. Not sure how Mearing will take to that, especially since it was an unknown Autobot giving the order.

Lennox leaned against the plexiglass window of the observation room then checked his watch. It has been too long since he's been home with his family and was due for a much needed vacation. Wonder if Epps could manage things while he was away?

Epps came into the room with two cups of coffee and handed one to Lennox. "Will, what do you think about these new Transformers?"

"Not sure, they seem a bit on edge." Lennox took a sip of the refreshing, dark coffee then sat down on an available chair. "This team fled Cybertron not because of no energon but what was done to them." He took a look out the window to see Sergeant Morrow taking pictures of Naito. "If any of these Transformers get that harness thing on them...."

"I see what your saying, but I highly doubt that Sonicblaze character would want his team in hiding." Epps shook his head as he stared out the window. "The dude is like a giant glow stick!"

Lennox chuckled. "Yeah, he kind of sticks out, doesn't he? Wonder how his radation levels are?" He took a deep breath as his eyes went to his wedding band. "Rob, I'm going to take a month off to be with family. You think you can handle things here?"

Epps gave Lennox a big smile. "You know I can."

XXXX

After a long and an uneventful flight, Thomas Barnheart found himself inside NEST headquarters where he was greeted with a sight that got his jaw to drop. The Autobot forces have literally tripled their numbers since his deployment to Chicago but that wasn't what shocked him. There, standing next to a lime green Transformer was his two younger brothers.

He ran to Jeremy and gave him a big hug. "What are you two doing here?"

Jeremy pointed to the Transformer standing next to him, a big smile on his face. "Trace sort of kidnapped us, but everything is cool now."

Thomas studied Trace's face wondering what had happened to his right eye and why he had it covered with what looked to be part of his helmet? He had numerous scars on his armor, some were rather deep and painful. Did he not feel them?

"How is the farm clean up coming along?"

"The farm is currently under government watch since we found Echo near the old well system." Jeremy pointed to a large, matte black Transformer who was much larger than Optimus Prime. "From what we gather he's a walking weapon that the Decepticons want to control."

Trace nodded in agreement. "Echo has a special ability that allows him to see sparks, which makes him one accurate sniper."

"But, haven't most of the Decepticons gone into hiding?"

"Yes, but Mirror Blade will coax them out." Trace opened his palm in order to display a holo-image of a silver robot. "He is Mimic's brother and like him, his spark is unstable. He lives for the kill, but doesn't like to run into a situation without knowing the outcome."

A small, red robot came up to them with a smile on his face. "Perceptor brought some of that energon drink with him. We don't have much left but it'll be good to wind down after the day we had."

Loud footsteps brought everyone's attention to Optimus Prime whose right arm sat in a strange, metallic sling. His face told all in the room that something weighed heavy on his mind.

"Sonicblaze, till we know what Mirror Blade is up to, I would prefer to have your team stay here or at Diego Garcia."

Sonicblaze shook his head. "No, I prefer to stay at our shuttle." He pointed
    a finger to the humans. "I do not trust the fleshlings."

Dino came up to Sonicblaze, blades out and at his side. "Those 'fleshlings' are friends of ours!"

A loud screach brought everybody's attention to Ratchet who had been working on a Transformer named, Mimic. Thomas instinctively reached for the rifle slung across his back and made his way towards the commotion. As he got nearer he could see Mimic being held down by the three Wreckers all of whome appeared to have damage to their faces.

"Bloody hell he is strong!" Roadbuster let out a loud curse as Mimic swiped at his face with a bladed weapon very similar to Dino's. "I thought he was on your team, Sonicblaze!"

Sonicblaze motioned for Perceptor then made his way to Mimic's side. He spoke in a language Thomas heard only from Decepticons but knew it to be the Transformer's native tongue. His fingers clinched and unclinched around the barrel, his heart running so fast he thought it would explode.

The large, black Transformer made his way to Thomas' side and shook his head. "Do not be afraid, human."

Thomas slowly allowed his body to relax but he still kept his guard up. "What is wrong with him?"

"We rescued him from the Decepticon prisons right before we left Cybertron." Echo once again shook his head, his face showing deep sorrow. "We have no idea what he has been through while under their control."

XXXX

It saddened Optimus Prime to see what the Decepticons had done to his brethren while he had been away. Wonder if there was more like them or if this was it? As he looked around he studied each new Autobot wondering if any will join his team.

Perceptor came up to him with a big smile on his face. "Ratchet told me about your arm." He half shrugged then held up a transforming cog. "This might be a little small, but it'll do in a pinch."

Optimus shook his head. "You should worry about the others well-being, not mine." He gently rubbed his damaged right arm knowing it may be some time before he regained full use of it. "How long do you think it'll take for Beltline to be fully operational?"

"The little bot is much tougher than most give him credit for." Perceptor went to a small barrell, popped the lid open then dipped a large can into a glowing, blue liquid. "This is the way we Wreckers like to calm down after a rough day." He handed the can to Optimus so he can get himself some of the liquid. "I call it, Methanol."

Roadbuster, whose face had been cut by one of Mimic's blades approached the barrel with a huge smile on his face. "Perceptor, I bloody love you." He grabbed an old coffee can from a nearby table, poured out the contents and used it to drink from. "Ah yeah, that's the stuff."

Optimus sniffed the Methanol before taking a careful sip of the liquid. As it went down his throat it burned causing him to cough. This got a laugh from all the Wreckers and Autobots in the room, a sound Optimus hadn't heard in a long time.

"Wow, that is some good stuff." Optimus took another drink before passing the cup to Sideswipe. "Just make sure you guys don't drink too much of that. We have to be on alert for whenever Mirror Blade does decide to come out of hiding."

19. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

Jolly good show! It's awesome~!

20. hex hellfire

hex hellfire Well-Known Member

Echo and Blade Runner

here you go Alphie i hope u like them. ill post up the others when there complete :) 

thanks craig

Attached Files: