DOTM: The Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jolt Customs, Dec 14, 2010.

?

Which do you think it will it do?

2 vote(s)
    9.5%

3 vote(s)
    14.3%

8 vote(s)
    38.1%

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. None, it will just disappear

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

which of the 4 options, based on the picture below, do you think optimus' trailer will do in DOTM?
    [​IMG]
    ............................... 1 ^.......................... 2 ^ ........................... 3 ^........................ 4^

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where's the option for "I have no idea, we don't even know for sure if he combines with it"?

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm still entertaining the idea that it's just a bot by itself.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No, none of those look good.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't like any of them.

I prefer something more like the original PM Prime, like a folded Optimus brick sliding into a brick with arms and legs.

I'm not even kidding. Something about that transformation was really appealling. Clunk! And you're done. But I look at these and I can already imagine the nightmare of folding panels, automorphing, and click-on parts that don't want to stay in place.

I guess I tend to look at these designs with the eventual toys in mind.

6. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    /sigh. mislead

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    wow, really? Not even the third image with an axe? Oh, well.. I think it's brutal and would go broke watching it endless times at the theatres.:( 

The third image only needs to be fixed a bit, and then we'll have the best TF movie to date.

8. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I think using the trailer for Apex armour is the right thing to do.
    Of these options I prefer option 1. It has better aesthetics.
    Option 4 is too clumsy and it looks like he's moving wardrobes or something.
    2 and 3 are acceptable but its #1 for me.

9. Draeck

Draeck Tanks can bounce

hah, I thought this was a poll on the 1st teaser trailer...

Anyways.. if he does turn in a trailer and it would be based on this rough sketch and stuff... I don't think #1 would fit, it doesnt seem very optimus with those magnus-ish shoulders. #4 seems badass but too sluggish for him.

#2 and #3 seem to fit Optimus' fighting style the most. With the jumping and the kicking and the swords slashing...

#3 is more badass I think, it kinda seems like it has a cannon mode where he can position himself with some thing on his back and use a huge gun but I voted for #2 because it keeps his arms more intact, making him look a bit more Optimus-y, a bit like the jetfire combo, and keeping some mobility...

I guess this is just pointless to think about because we don't know if he'd combine with his trailer... but I really hope he will ^_^

10. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

I voted for none, since I don't particularly want to see him combine with his trailer. I'd rather it be a mobile base or carrying something important. I'd also like to see it only in the final battle or whatever; if it's in the whole movie it just limits Optimus' mobility. To me it makes Optimus seem a little weak if he needs to rely on it, although it does looks cool, and I can't really see him needing to rely on it if it's Shockwave he's fighting against. But if the bad guy is really huge, scary and powerful, much more than the Fallen, then I'd be okay with it.

I'd pick number 1 though. 3 would be my second choice. :D 

11. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I can only see Prime using it (if he does at all) at the end and I'm sure Shockwave (and half his army) will be big and bad enough to warrant it.

It will probably be something Wheeljack comes up with. "Here, I've made you a big suit of Apex armour disguised as a trailer".

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They're nice looking on their own, but I just don't see how it would work as a process. Optimus has his form, and then this trailer is supposed to break apart and shift around and surround him as armor? I don't think there's a way to pull that off without looking ridiculous. Plus, it looks incredibly cumbersome and restrictive.

I know he moved around pretty good with Jetfire's parts, but I was never much a fan of that get-up and quite honestly they were a bit forgiving with how well he got around wearing all that.

Besides, it's been done with the Matrix Revolutions and more recently, Avatar. The concept of a character walking around in a mech suit is kind of overplayed.

13. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i dunno i like the idea but to me it reminds me allot of Gundam or somthing.
    i always thought the concept art was showing that he would be able to tdo all the above.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i like 4. but i hope it will be a new design.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this....... I thought this was about the movie trailor (ya know the teaser) got all excited thinking it was a new teaser then noticed the poll, and then saw a question that no one can answer and the poll options are an Optimus Prime fashion show? odd

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

option four wins my love for looking like gundam gp02