DOTM - the greatest 3D film ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jadryx, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Shia LaBeouf it is.
    Shia LaBeouf: ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ is ‘greatest 3-D film ever’ | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com

But I like this part in the article the best-

Looks like the forest battle from DOTM will get knocked down a notch in the list of all time awesome action scenes (and that's not easy to do in my book) But if anyone could do it, it's Michael Bay :bay 

Another article-
    Bay: New 3-D 'Transformers' better than No. 2 - seattlepi.com

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Somewhere, exploding his barbecue, Michael Bay smiles.

3. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    A collaboration of Bay, Spielberg and Cameron? It really doesn't get better than that. You'll never have three powerhouses like that on a movie again.

4. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but it doesn't hold a lot of weight when one of the stars says it. Not to mention, Shia was hyping ROTF as way better than the first one before release, now he says its crap. It's all hype.

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, we expect the people that made the movie to hype it up but that won't stop me from getting excited by what they say. Based on the little bits we've seen there's got to be at least some truth to it, right? :) 

6. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

This is such a great point. All of ROTF's principle cast promoted it as mind-blowing and huge, best action movie ever commited to film... now they all distance themselves from it.

Remember they all have money to make if the film is successful and once it destroys box offices they can start bad mouthing it. That may not happen here, as the story does seem much more polished, but don't be shocked to see Shia giving it hell in a few years as he tries to be known as a real star and not the Transformers star.

I do hope the film is successful but also decent.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ...all that positive stuff Shia said during promotion of ROTF? That was acting. He's an actor. Is this more of the same? We shall see.

As for the 3D? I think it's entirely conceivable that this movie will have some of the best 3D set pieces of all time. The subject matter lends itself particularly well to the 3D medium. I'll be expecting an eye-candy thrill ride.

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I sure hope it is. I've been underwhelmed by 3D as of late. DOTM is just the movie to get me back into 3D