DOTM Test Screenings

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Stune, May 14, 2011.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this has been going around or not, it's certainly the first I've heard, but Dark of the Moon had a full screening at the local theatre tonight. I got this information from some of the higher ups at the theatre that I know.

I don't know how finished it was, and I don't know how the movie itself was.

All I know is that it was indeed a full, beginning to end, cut of the film.

So be on the look out for people standing outside of your local theatres handing out colored slips, it may be DOTM.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :rock 

3. KamenRiderLeo

KamenRiderLeo Iridescent Prime

Ebay:
    I've usually seen these screenings only for the press albeit, MOST OF THE TIME, not every instance. I observed one recently for Tron:Legacy at the same time I took my GF to see RE: Afterlife. Advanced screenings are really one of the best out all the perks that come W/ working in the movie biz...Suffice to say, this is unfortunatley just increasing all of our jealousy and, the whole idea that MAYBE if a 'lil extra job status can get u alot more than any typical moviegoer. Unfair much?

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

They never test films where I live because I think they fear I might be one of the people in the test group.

To be honest I think all this testing really kind of hurts films because they want to make them all bland like McDonalds to appeal to everyone rather than taking the chance that someone might not like your film because you spiced it up with the unexpected or made something a bit different.

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been to test screenings for Thor, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, and Hancock.

Suffice it to say those films came out to what I had hoped they would become. For better or worse.

I'm guessing the AICN Review is from that same screening or another one, which is good I suppose.