DOTM Target Exclusive Voyager Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by 420bot, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 420bot

420bot ******

Target Voyager Ratchet is a redeco plain and simple, but he is easily the best redeco of this figure I have ever seen. I hated the others (mostly b/c of puke colored plastic used on the previous molds) but I simply adore this guy.
    The bright green and clean white colors match well and overall make Ratchet appear softer and more doctor like while the black tones look darker by contrast.
    The head sculpt also get's a good paint job (imho).
    The eyes and windows have been painted blue and silver glyphs round out the paint job.
    This re-mold from the first movie is not for everyone but if you enjoyed it before I hope that you pick this one up and keep in mind he looks great next to dotm leader class figures.

Unless we get a new Voyager he will serve as my movieverse Ratchet.

Overall I'd give him a..............

Update: 7.8/10 - Seems the old mold isn't holding up for a lot of folks on here, literally the qc is down on these dotm figures.

Attached Files:

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    colors ARE better...but I hate that mold

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice review. Best Buy Ratchet seems better to me.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Hasbro just does not want to retire this fucking mold. I own the original release of it, and I can dig it well enough, but this thing's received damn near as much use as the concept camaro BB mold form the first film, I mean christ.

Ironhide got a couple of new or heavily modified voyager molds, why can't Ratchet get something other than a repaint?

5. 420bot

420bot ******

Oh I forgot to mention that the deluxe dotm Ratchet has a mechtech saw that would look great on the voyager.
    I put some of the dotm Voyagers mech-weapons on him and they all are fun, fit, and look good on him.

I'll probably buy a del. Ratchet now just for the saw alone and give the figure away.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just picked this guy up and as much as I like the original Voyager Ratchet, I have to say that this version really shows off the mold's age. It might just be a QC issue, but I'm having a hard time lining up his legs in alt mode and his shoulder panels keep popping off. I love the deco, but for the toy's sake I hope this is that last time they use the molds for this guy. I don't think he could take another production run.

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    I don't care if it's movie accurate but I still like my G1 colored version ("Rescue Ratchet") the best. The bright neon colors for this guy are just too garish for me.

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    If it's a 9/10, then explain this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The part highlighted below will absolutely not "seal" up like the original or even the Premium version (shown in pics). It's as if the triangle part has been re-cut. Yes, I'm transforming it correctly, the new Target one just doesn't pull together like other versions of this toy. I don't know if this was in this state for the HftD version.

I actually love this mold, but you need to point out the issues with this release before tagging it with an outstanding score.

9. 420bot

420bot ******

Mine doesn't do that it transforms fine.
    Seems you may have gotten another cheap dotm figure, overall the qc on the entire line is worse than in previous years.

It took three leader class SP's before I got one that wasn't sloppy and broken.

I'll post some pictures of mine in vehicle form after I change my display when the movie hits.

Though I am lowering the score a bit b/c the arms on mine fell off easily until i tightened the screws.

Update: 7.8/10 b/c we'll probably never get a new Ratchet Voyager figure.

Trust me guys I've had issues with qc on several dotm figures, if you buy more than a few dotm toys you begin to run into issues.

10. 420bot

420bot ******

I feel bad for you bro, but wow thanks for posting the color difference on these two, its like puke and day, lol... I mean night and day.... wait, no I don't.

Know that you may have to exchange him several times b4 you get a good one, I had to with leader class SP.

11. 420bot

420bot ******

Your right on that one, I think he does need to retire after this.......as does all BB figures...........the entire character in fact, lol.