DOTM Target exclusive deluxes sighted @ US retail.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SAF7, Jul 3, 2011.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We pretty much determined that the find it at a Target store tool isn't very accurate. If you use it, I'd call as well before wasting gas.

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    also go in with the DCPI, most Targets arn't acknowledging the box exists and needs to be stocked until you give them the number that makes thier Scanner go "Oh yeah we do have that!"

3. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I was hunting Thundercracker, found a Dirge and then saw Space Case. I grabbed it, even though I dont particularly want it. If I open it, he'll be a Straxus lackey.

I looked for more to hook someone up, but didnt see any.

I ended up gettin Thundercracker at TRU, havent opened him yet either. The other seekers are gonna be a pain in the ass to find....

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Space Case is a really neat figure. You might be pleasantly surprised if you open it.

5. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Uhm, I'll gladly send you mine for Space Case and Ratchet... IMHO they are HORRIBLE. The story (for kids, I guess) and artwork are both atrocious!

6. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    OK, I have a story I feel like sharing, since I had a rare WIN today.

I was going out to the P.O. during lunch at work today, so I figured I would drop by a local Target to start the hunt for the exclusive DOTM deluxes and Space Case! I went in and I saw the exclusives for the first time, so I got excited! I found tons of Bumblebee (big surprise), and handful of Arcee... but no Space Case. I searched all around and found one Jazz, which was cool since it is as rare as Space Case, but, that was it. All of the Spaceys were grabbed up and probably sitting smugly on eBay as we speak, mocking me. :( 

So, not one to give up easily, I asked a red-shirted stock dude if there may be any in the back. He scanned one of the Bees and said, no, none are in the back, but... he said that some appear to be up front at the registers, which doesn't make sense. He said there are no displays there, so it must be a mistake. I grab a Bee, an Arcee, and that Jazz and head to the registers to look, but sure enough, there were no displays or anything related to Transformers up there. I sighed and got in line.

While the clerk was trying to bully the lady in front of me into applying for a charge card, my eyes wandered around until I spotted a small cardboard case sitting at the end of a closed aisle, with a familiar logo- Hasbro! I wander over and it says TRA MV3 DLX on the side, so I start to wonder. I ask a lady if she could open it, and she appeared to be concerned that maybe she wasn't allowed to open it. I use my charm and desperation to convince her, and what do my eyes see- the Exclusive Deluxes! Sure enough, there is a single Space Case inside! Oh joy, oh wonders! I happily grabbed it and I could have sworn I heard the angels singing from the Heavens!

I glided to the register and happily paid for the booty, and floated to the car. Who cares if I lost the prime spot at work near the entrance- nothing could get me down now- I have my Space Case!

In case you didn't know, the breakdown of that case was (4) Bumblebees, (2) Arcees, (1) Jazz, and (1) Space Case. Why couldn't they just do two of each?!? I guess Hasbro enjoys seeing a multitude of Bumblebees warming the shelves across the world!

Anyway, thanks for reading my long story of my strange success story in getting a Space Case! And in case you havne't realized by now, I need help.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bumblebee is a big seller so they tend to push him out hard. Can't blame them for wanting to make money.

If people are intent on locating space case I wouldnt wait too long to start the hunt. Some targets are only getting one case, they are going quick!

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah but 2 Arcees? She's a peg-warming champion.

I would have made the case breakdown: (3) Bumblebees, (1) Arcees, (2) Jazz, and (2) Space Case

9. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, only 1 per case...I really lucked out; I got my Space Case by asking an associate (and showing him the dpci) to check the stock room.

10. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Im stopping at Target tomorrow to do the same. I REALLY want Space Case and cant and dont want to try to chance it by keep checking the shelf. for something thats only 1 per case.

~AAD

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would agree with this. Unfortunately hasbro went a different route.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i only want the comics that comes with those, sadly theres no target here :( 

13. all are dead

News Credits:
    Im not surprised with Hasbro doing this. They do whatever they can to get the most Bumblebee's out there. Although only 1 Space Case is ridiculous. They atleast need to even the case out so we ATLEAST get 2 of them per case. Thats not great but its better.

~AAD

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Looks like these were intended for a checklane endcap all along. They were supposed to be there briefly and then switched out with a new endcap that's already been set up at my local store...they briefly pulled all the regular deluxes to make it look full. I think these are pretty much DONE!

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw a spacecase at sdcc for 25 and said screw it and bought it. I just don't have time for the chase anymore
    I lied to myself and said well if I bought this only i would subtract $6 for shipping so I'm only paying 19 and that's like a only a 6 buck mark up and my time is worth 6 bucks right?,....right?

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's where I found the two I got.

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Considering my Target (and another one slightly further out) never put these out, endcap near the checkout or otherwise, I'm kinda hoping this isn't the end of them. I know the stores have them (gotta love those in-store computer things) but I could never get anyone to pull them for me. General assumption out this way is that they're waiting for deluxes to come off temporary price cut so they don't have to explain why one is on sale and one isn't.

18. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think we all agree that this would have been much better of a case distribution, but alas, it is not so. One per case sucks, though, and I am just very lucky I noticed that one box; otherwise I don't know if I would have ever seen one on the shelves! I'm hoping that lots more cases are on their way and Target will be well-stocked with this soon... but I somehow doubt that. Good luck getting him, everyone!

19. all are dead

News Credits:
    I hope they are stocked with space case too soon but with every ONE space case somebody sees, that means THREE Bumblebee's there with it to peg warm as much as Tuner Mudflap

~AAD

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I long for the day when BumbleBee is no longer popular with the kids.

I never really cared for him to begin with, and now he's being thrown around like the figurehead of Transformers, crammed down our throats, and clogging our store shelves. So many other characters could have received figures of their own had BumbleBee not stolen their slot.

Right now he's the Transformers Brand equivalent of what Pikachu is to Pokemon.

Both are little yellow bastards and both are like crack to kids.

And all this "oh I'm gonna be cute by talking in voice clips and beep-boops" is really getting old. I'd like to be able to understand him again. I miss the days when he was the most talkative with humans and Prime called him his "Little Buddy" while he pat him on the head.