Minor/Repaint: DotM Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TwilightNero, Oct 11, 2011.

1. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    My first attempt at a custom repaint. I've learned some valuable lessons and would love to try another repaint once I find one I'd wanna try.

Car Mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot Mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really need to touch up some of his paint, but hey, I don't think it's that bad.

Attached Files:

2. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Do you have an ROTF Swerve? Because that head would fit the custom a lot better (-not that there's anything wrong with this one).

3. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    personally, I like the idea of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker being near identical twins, with their only real differences in weapon choice. Streakers got his blades and Swipes got his guns.

4. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this is cool and your paintwork looks nice and sharp. I've thought of doing the same with human alliance sideswipe. what did you use in terms of paints and did you hand brush or spray or airbrush?

5. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I used an enamel paint from a modeling kit and a paint brush from said modeling kit. For $8, I like the results. Also, I had that same thought of doing it on the HA Sideswipe, then I remembered I don't like that mold. lol

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Great job. As you might have realised, yellow is a bitch of a colour to work with, so kudos with how well and how smoothly you've covered with it. Good stuff :thumb .

7. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Like the idea, but markering or painting always gives a rather awkward uneven finish that always frustrated me.
    Wanna try mucking around with sprays?...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/463164-rotf-dotm-double-gunner-sunsteaker.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/498009-dotm-sideswipe-now-g1-colors.html

Did these using a Mr Hobby 1200 Primer and a hi-gloss overcoat, and Tamiya spray paints, using markers or paints to trick out the details on their mechanics. Outcome tends to look pretty killer...
    Have fun man. XD

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    What you should have done is painted all of the yellow areas with a white undercoat first. You would then need to apply much less yellow paint.

You're stuck with that overly thick thick paint app now, but a few more thinned down coats of yellow will cover over the remaining dark bits while minimising chances of uneven finish