Heavy/Scratch: DOTM Stunticon Menasor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rattrap, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So me and theilmj are working on DOTM Stunticons. As always, my philosophy is screw G1, but theilmj wanted the Menasor bots to be the same, so I agreed. But I still had fun with it, making Lockdown the leader and stuff. Im also planning a Wreckers combiner, who will be the nemesis of Menasor.
    Stunticons

Lockdown-leader-ROTF Lockdown

Motormaster-enforcer/Lockdowns body gaurd-DOTM Megatron

Breakdown-mechanic-ROTF Brawn

Dragstrip-soldier-PCC Leadfoot

Dead end-soldier-PCC Blue Car

Wildrider -soldier-Sidearm Sideswipe

Before the Great War, the Stunticons were a mercenary sect on Cybertron, and their biggest customer was Sentinel Prime. So, naturally when the war broke out, fought for the Autobot cause to help out Sentinel and preserve good relations with their best customer. But they weren’t Autobots, they remained independent, so when Sentinel made his deal with Megatron, they were with him every step of the way. It was Lockdown who proposed the plan between his two best customers, and handled all the arrangements of the deal, as well as security for both faction leaders at the meeting. They then left with Sentinel on the Ark and remained in stasis until the invasion of Chicago, where Motormaster, Dragstrip, Deadend, and Wildrider fought in the invasion, but were badly damaged by the Wreckers. Lockdown and Breakdown were stationed around the world, activating the Space Bridge Pillars for Sentinel, and were ordered to come to Chicago immediately because the other Stunticons were badly damaged and they needed reinforcements. But they were too late, upon their return to Chicago, the Decepticons were defeated, with Sentinel and Megatron dead.

They managed to steal the corpses of the fallen Megatron, Starscream, Sentinel, and other fallen Autobots and Decepticons as well as some of the Decepticon ships while the Autobots were distracted by helping humans to safety and rebuilding the city. Breakdown used Megatrons corpse to rebuild Motormaster who was damaged the most, and then used parts from the other corpses to rebuild the other four. Breakdown also used parts of Starscream, Sentinel, and the Decepticons ships to create combiner tech for his damaged brothers. He had the plans for this for a while, but none of the other Stunticons volunteered to be operated on. So this was the perfect opportunity for him to experiment, plus combinining conserves on Energon, which was something that they didn’t have a lot of after such a tragic defeat. By combining, the sparks of Motormaster, Dragstrip, Breakdown, Deadend and Wildrider all are fused into one consciousness and they become Menasor!

EDIT: Ok, I changed the arms, cuz the PCCs werent doing it for me, so I used HA Dragstrip and a Barricade I had laying around. Im very happy with the results.
    Final Pics are here, thanks to Methusalen for taking them for me! He will be up on ebay shortly!

Attached Files:

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Interesting, but I don't like the mixup of generations and movie toys

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    nice, love the head.. but agree would be much better to keep it to a single aesthetic, ie. just movie toys

4. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Don't listen to 'em! I think that with the right paint job and perhaps some small details like head mods etc., this could really work! Can't wait to see how this progresses!

5. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

The simple truth is that the style of G1 emphasizes the actual style of the combiner. Even cartoonists knew that and tried to keep combiners as stout and as simple as possible. The reason for simplicity is because...the end result of a body comprised of twisted random shapes and colors especially combined with other such similar components results in just a freakin mess. Look at the movie Devastator and honestly compare the robo skaag to the aesthetic Devastator that we all know and "squee" about when Frenzyrumble builds another updated version. Im sorry but I get defensive when people say "Screw G1..." Your custom is far better than anything that I can come up with at this point. All I can say for it is it does resemble movie transformers. You may want to reinforce the legs though. If the joints arent extra tight it will inevitably cause a weight issue.

6. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Niiice, that head's bitching, did you sculpt it yourself? How the hell are you keeping it up, I don't see any sort of reinforcement.

7. Buzby74

Buzby74 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im too keen on the arms, but i absolutely love the what you done for the lower ang and feet. Great idea.......

8. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its not a cross, Im using Movie Bots and PCCs, and PCCs are VERY similar in asthetic to the movie bots, or at least some of them are. They are more of a merger of the 2 asthetics than anything else. I would switch the blue car out, but Im out of putty to use for the modding, I used up all my modding putty on upper legs last night, so Ill have to get more, but alas my money tree has died :(  Im thinking about mabe making him Scramble City style, where you can swap in and out the different cons, or at least having 2 sets of arms.

and by my screw G1 comment, I wasnt refering to the combiner style, I love the G1 designs. I was refering to the fact that the characters(in this case Stunticons) dont have to be the same 5 cons, they can be different characters with different names, sorry, I didnt mean to offend you. Ill be updating the first post with some new pics of what I did last night, to the upper legs.

9. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting take on Movieverse Stunticons. It's a grand idea, but something about it all doesn't mesh. I do love the fact that you have these guys combined and standing on their own, nice job.

But....

"Lopez"?

Yeesh. Lol.

10. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added a pic of Lockdown in vehicle mode. Hopefully Ill get my good paints in tomorrow and I can do more than just rust and scorch marks

11. Dez7734

Dez7734 Well-Known Member

LMAO... "Lopez" is the best part of this! Goddamn awesome

12. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:

i don't complain about that part, theres a blue car which is no pcc and no moviebot, also the neoshifter asthetics should be modded, cause it seems a bit blocky to me, no offense against you, or your work! keep going on :) 

13. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The blue car is crankcase, the PCC bot everyone hated, so its forgivable that he is forgotten about. :)  I added some SP parts over the Neoshifter theigs, make them a bit more bulky.

14. PzychoticReaper

PzychoticReaper Member

Why did you decide to go with Red vs. Blue names for the other four bots?

15. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cuz it was random and I loved RVB. I also felt it fit in the movie verse what with Que and Dino and all those random names, lol. But that just what Im calling them, whoever buys this guy can call em whatever they want.

16. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Done painting for the most part. Just have a few touchups and will have final combined mode pics tomorrow!

17. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added combined mode pic. Ill have more pics this weekend when I bring him over to my friends house who is a professional photographer.

18. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice.

19. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hes finished now. I swapped the arms out so that they arent PCCs, and I like this version way better.

20. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

where are the pics?

edit: nevermind. i just saw the link.