DOTM Special Features

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundbytes, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With ROTF we got a bunch of (in my opinion) pretty good special features. So what would any of you guys want for DOTM? For me, I'd like an alternate ending but I know that won't happen, so a Digital Copy would be nice.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    What would I like for DotM bonus features? Oh gosh, I'm a bonus features whore. I'd be willing to pay $500 for a special edition that included 10,108 hours of bonus features. So in a perfect world I'd want EVERYTHING on the disc. Every single piece of concept art, every single minute of behind-the-scenes footage, every single second of voice cast recording. EVERYTHING.

If I had to pick anything, it'd be more footage of the VAs recording their lines. Especially Leonard Nimoy. I'd love to see him recording the lines, and trying different variations on them and such. And interviews of him talking about Sentinel Prime. :D 

But more realistically, I know that we're gonna' get some pretty good stuff on there, so I'm not too worried. Sure they'll leave out some stuff that many of us would want to know more about, but hey, that happens with any movie and its bonus features.

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    this

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:

I This that this that person this that stuff the other said.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I see what you did there.

6. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

What would make me totally happy, would be a copy of the renders, or the CGI models of every Cybertronian xD to open them in my pc...yeah right, like that would be possible in my not-very-powerful pc

Or at least, if its not possible, then include a gallery of the CGI models, where you could rotate them, zoom in, zoom out, kinda like the galleries some videogames include, like the one in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, that lets you do what I said with the CGI models of the characters, and its just simply too cool.

If that happened, my DOTM dvd would keep me warm in my deathbed xD

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I would like to see Bay talk about the Twins not making the final cut.
    Also, ILM 360 spins of robots like Scrapper, Dreads, Shockwave and so on.
    A lot of concept art, and final approved robot concepts.

Everything else I don't care much for.

8. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    ROTF had special features? My copy doesn't... : /

I'd like an alternate ending on the DOTM DVD.

9. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Interactive Menus!!! :bay  /sarcasm

I wouldn't pay $500, but I too am a Special Features Junkie. I'll tell you what I don't want to see: a ten minute featurette where the cast and crew praises Michael Bay for his vision and work ethic. Not that I disagree with them, it's just that it seems most DVDs these days dedicate an entire special feature to stroking the director's ego, whether it's Bay, Nolan, or JJ Abrams. It's pretty much standard. I also don't want a wasted disc for a Digital Copy. I think that's one of the biggests loads of crap to include on a Special Edition. I hate paying for a disc that's essentially a coaster once the license expires like what, a year later? I get that some people find it convenient to just load their movies on a PC so they don't have to carry the disc with them if they go somewhere, but I think it should just be a downloadable thing from a website with proof of purchase for those who want it. When The Dark Knight came out, a buddy of mine got all excited about the Digital Copy and loaded it onto his phone. My question to him was why he wanted to watch a two and half hour movie on a screen the size of my thumb. I just don't see the appeal. Speaking of The Dark Knight, those were some terrible Special Features. /end rant

There's so much of the movie franchise that we haven't had a good look at like the musical composition and scoring, sound editing and design, and especially voice-over acting. If I recall, we only got brief glimpses of a few of the voices for the first movie.

I think they went in a pretty good direction as far Special Features go with the RoTF DVD/BluRay but it was still woefully incomplete since we still never got full CGI renders of ALL the 'bots. I'd love to see an alternate ending like the novel had, but that's extremely unlikely. It would also be good to see the Skids/Mudflap vs. Sentinel scene even if it's just incomplete or rough footage.

I'm hoping there's a lot of good stuff for the DoTM release, but the way things are these days, it'll likely be pretty bare bones for the DVD, and lot of useless downloadable stuff for the BluRay. Oh and were pretty much guaranteed a featurette for the squirrel suit sequence since that's pretty much all Bay could talk about aside from the 3D.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    My gosh, THIS! I couldn't believe it when I actually went through all of the bonus features for it! Talk about a let down, especially for a movie where there was SO MUCH involved! I mean, of not even 2 hours worth of bonus features, 35 minutes was just rewatching the scenes filmed in IMAX format. Not even with commentary. Just literally "let's watch those scenes again!". :banghead:  It blue-balled the bonus feature-er in me. That's my rant. ;) 

Yeah, I honestly expect a substantial amont of time devoted to featurettes regarding both the squirrel-suit sequence and the collapsing building sequence. Not that I mind. I'll watch it anyway, but hopefully they can also have some in-depth features on other sequences. I just pray that the DotM Blu-Ray will have some really cool stuff like the voice cast and pre-viz for many scenes. :) 

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is 100% accurate or not, but maybe the reason we haven't gotten tons of ILM renders or the like is because studios don't want to release that stuff. Or more expensive?

But DOTM being the last Bay film, you'd think we will see tons of robot footage, renders that is.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depending on the kind of movie it is, I typically like/expect commentaries with the director & cast, and featurettes on how things were conceptualized, changed and ultimately brought to full form - usually all that behind the scenes stuff with the director and his crew pitching ideas, etc. - and how the movie progressed from start to finish to theatrical release. And with these movies, obviously, I'd like to as much content as possible showing the design process, the concept art, full rotational 3D renders of EVERY bot, so on & so forth.

I'm not a fan anymore of the "making of" stuff since it's actually quite boring to watch. Hours spent getting everything in place for a scene that takes 10 seconds to shoot before redoing it from different angles. I get it - it's tedious, And like someone else said, I'm pretty tired of montages dedicated to cast & crews talking about how awesome their director is.

For the most part, I think the special features they did with ROTF were pretty spot-on. If they added some of the stuff they provided with the TF1 special features, replaced the commentary with Bay (and some of the cast) instead of the writers, and lost the "Bay worship" montage, it would have been near perfect. That's more or less what I'm expecting for the DOTM special features - inclusive of voice actor profiles & footage, and more focus of Joblonsky composing his score.

13. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Yeah, we want more renders and concept art. We dont want featurettes with the cast and Bay giving their impressions or opinions. Thats really boring.

Sometimes, "making of" featurettes can be interesting, in TF case, but when it pertains to the making of the CGI characters and such. When its about blue screen, or stage prepping or training of the actors, thats really boring.

So I wish they included more renders, spins of the Cybertronians, and conceptual art.
    Hell, it would be great if they included the Cybertronian glyphs font they used in the movies xD.

Making of featurettes are never that great. And dvds come loaded with them.

14. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

An official announcement about TF4.

15. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe you have the one Disc edition?. cause the 2-disc edition have special features

16. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason I like digital copies is because I travel fairly often and it's nice to have a copy directly saved to my iPhone.

17. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A whole in depth featurette done on the voice actors, how they were chosen, who auditoned for who and their various different accents for the bots. That would be aces and actually highlight the stars.

18. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Yep this ^^
    Lol 10,108 the amount of moving parts in optimus cgi model :) 

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Mainly the twins death scene,even if unfinished