Minor/Repaint: DOTM Space Case - Now with More White!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nefud, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

DOTM Space Case - Now with More White, and a New Head!

UPDATE: I put a lot more work into this thing, and I like it much better. I didn't bother with Alt Mode pictures, because it's basically unchanged. Old crappy version deleted, but I'll leave the old text below for no good reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was really loking forward to Space Case, as I am a complete sucker for the G2 Cyberjets. Any love that Hasbro throws their way is fine with me. I was sad to find out that he has translucent plastic, as that's just not to my taste. I also really hated that scab burgandy color they used instead of the bright happy red used for his arms. Last but not least, he just plain wasn't white enough!

In the interest of killing two birds with one stone, I cannibalized a Terradive to give Space Case a little upgrade. I had heard that Space Case's translucent plastic was too fragile to remove the pins, but I decided to try it anyway-- mostly. You may notice that his collarbone/hinge is still scabby. The pin I need to remove there was frighteningly difficult to get out. Yep, I chickened out. If you have any suggestions for removing it, I am all ears.

I also painted the head. Yeah, it doesn't match the original Space Case any better now that it's white, but I think it looks better. Also, I'm 99% sure it's just a placeholder for the inevitable Renderform replacement.

Lastly, sorry for the crap pictures, all I have is an old cell phone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    G2 Space Case's package art depicted him with a white helmet so it does have some grounds, but really he does need a new head altogether anyway.

The additional white on him really makes him look better in robot mode, though I really wish we could get the same mesh pattern on him that the G2 toy did. He'd look perfect then.

3. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I really like the nod to the original's plaid, without going overboard. I can't even think of a good candidate for a custom replacement head, or I totally would have gone for it. I was almost thinking that PCC Icepick's gestalt head would work, but you need translucent yellow, not blue.

4. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Bump for update.

5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Where'd you get the head? I might try a full repaint cause that head works well for it.

6. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looks pretty awesome!!!

8. Corgsopal

Corgsopal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That does look nice. If anybody wants a Sludge head to try this I have a spare. Just send me a PM.

9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    very cool. Love the original toy, really wish hasbro could have made the new one look like the original.