DOTM Soundwave: Human Alliance VS Deluxe.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Which DOTM Soundwave Toy Do You Like Best?

1. Deluxe Looks Best.

64 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Human Alliance Looks Best.

30 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. They Are Both So Good I Can't Decide.

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. They Are Both So Bad I Can't Decide.

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You'd have to be delusional to think that the leg issue in HA Soundwave is any hint of mistransformation. We saw pics of him from all angles, and what you see is what you get apparently. Leadfoot isn't an issue of mistransformation...it's just poor engineering that went into him. Roadbuster is very simplistic compared to even HA Barricade. DOTM HA figs are just a bit less awesome than ROTF HA figures. With that said though, I don't think there's going to be anything that will make HA Soundwave's legs look better short of extensive customization or third party.

No amount of fiddling is going to hide the fact that his legs are twig thin and are an afterthought. Here's the thread if we need to remind ourselves just how dumb the lower half of him looks.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for reviews and photo galleries before committing, but for now I'm leaning towards HA. I like the exaggerated proportions (and don't mind the loss of screen accuracy), lack of backpack kibble, and of course Laserbeak and Mr Gould. Plus, the license plate has "SUPERIOR"; that's just awesome.
    I already have Legends Ravage and HA Barricade, which is all the more reason to go HA.

3. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    both look a bit craptacular to me (and i like the movie aesthetic). I really don't like the proportions on the HA one (those feet bro) and somehting about the deluxe irks me

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know what your saying....but this time...im actually gonna wait til I see a trusted reviewer, or get it in my hands.

Im pretty confident it will be alright

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at that threads pics again, I dont mind it much. The way they posed him with the thighs spread wide for a wide stance makes me think it will look sweet with a more leg together standing straight stance, and will give him more height.

Ive just been WRONG too many times when looking at promo pics and such. Ive judged items I see pics of, only to LOOOoove them when I get it.

We'll see. If it IS a complete turd, then my rants will satisfy your desire to be right! :thumb 

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not looking to be right. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all. I'm just stating what I see, and the deluxe is just better in my view. I just feel with so much picture coverage of the toy, there is only the yransformation left to be revealed, and there isn't much short of scratch build or third company help that will fix HA Soundwave. No matter how you rationalize it...those legs look awful and the look like they belong on a deluxe at best. No amount of posing is going to make it look any better.

7. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

deluxe i don't collect HA

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like the Deluxe more. I look forward to placing him next to Megatron, Starscream and Shockwave. But I will most likely get both.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Both, but I'm leaning closer to the HA.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Both the Deluxe and Human Alliance Soundwave look good. I'm definitely picking up all DOTM Soundwave toys.

11. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm leaning towards deluxe more than the HA toy since the HA version has gorilla arms and he has thin, small, chicken legs with a gigantic torso.