Customs: DOTM Somewhat Movie Accurate Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Burnout00012, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Are you on the square, are you on the level?

Hello, my fellow Radicons! My good friend Str4xus (who's new to the TFW2005 boards) and I are going to be working on a project together, and We'd love to know what you all think.

Start with a DOTM Deluxe class Sideswipe. Remove the end of the car pieces from the feet, via the screw on the sides of each foot. Those pieces will be used later. We plan to put a rotating joint somewhere inside of the assembly that holds the back of the car on, so that it can rotate around. We plan to carefully trim the front of the car off just enough to remove the front pieces but leaving the chest area intact. those parts will swivel around out of sight. The back pieces that were removed from the feet will swing over and fold into the space where the front parts were, giving him his Rear headlight chest, as well as a nicer backpack and wheelfeet free of kibble! If you have any questions, please ask! Thank you!

2. Str4xus

Str4xus I AM a clever pony!

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea!

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate to sound snarky - but can we get a simple diagram of this idea?
    As is - this sounds like a GREAT idea...

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I think it sounds like a great idea! Should be a fun project!

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having just TF'd the figure into vehicle mode, I can kind of see where you are trying to go with this, but my question to you is where do you intend for the front end on the car that makes up the chest go?

6. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Are you on the square, are you on the level?

Well, I have it planned for the front end to fold away inside of the chest, there seems to be enough room for it. Once again, I'm going to have to use wires (Sue me) Because I have literally no other option. I found a good way to reconfigure the backpack so that if it were to rotate around, I could have the rear light pieces flip over and into the gaps from the front end folding inward. I'll try to get a diagram up soon.