Minor/Repaint: DOTM Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, May 17, 2011.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

One of the first few DOTM figs I got was Sideswipe. Since I already knew what his colorscheme is, I decided to paint him up like I usually do.

He was painted with Krylon Metallic Silver, with acrylics Copper, Blue pearl (eyes) and drybrushed with gun metal gray (on his robot parts)

Attached Files:

2. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

nice silver paint man! looks 1000x times better than Hasbros!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not a bad job. Personally I actually like the flat gray plastic, but I can see why people would want him all shiny.

Out of curiosity, got any plans for his Mechtech weapon?

4. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Huge improvement. I wonder if I could pull this off myself. (I know, I know, you're going to say that I can, but my efforts thus far have been...underwhelming.)

5. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

I do have plans for his mechtech weapon, but it was raining yesterday and the day I did this, so I haven't done it yet. The weapon will probably be done by tonight

You never know dude, I mean, all I did was take out a can of silver spray paint on this guy lol

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I know this'll sound silly, but have you thought about doing something with the headlights? Like, I know that making them red would be strange in alt mode (as they don't become the rear like in the older molds), but what about doing them white/dark grey/blue like the eyes/just something to help him look a little less naked by comparison to all of the other ones that have coloured nipples?

Heck, black would match the windshiled, and it's not like having blacked out headlamps is all that strange for tuner cars that've got prowl on their side.

7. devastation

devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Nice paint job. I did the same to mine today with a airbrush, I agree hasbro could've at least given him a better paint job. How did you paint it? Dry brush?