Dotm Shockwave with classics seeker mold pic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dkr7, May 18, 2011.

1. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    havent found dotm shockwave yet, so i cant do it myself. And havent found a pic of this so can someone post a pic of him with the seeker mold please?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    flash was a little bright but :p 

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think Energon Shockblast would fit in a little better aesthetically than movie style but its up to you :D 

shockwave's a pretty neat toy regardless

4. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Still waiting for a Classics Shockwave

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Now that he's featured prominently in the movie I'm sure there will be one soon.

6. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Ditto. Movie Shockwave looks great and everything but as a classics stand it just doesn't fit. The aesthetics of the whole body just doesn't scream classics. Headwise and color are definitely and homage to G1..

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm thinking Shockwave would work better as either your War for Cybertron Shockwave or maybe something to beef up the number of Decepticons for the Transformers Prime line.

On the bright side if Hasbro loves us enough for a Classics style Shockwave down the road at least you will have something to do with the movie figure.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he's a great toy and all (I LOVE how well he holds together in vehicle mode, though the middle tab under his neck won't go into his ribcage in robot mode) but not classicsy.

Shockblast goes with my AEC toys. If anything, the upcoming Hearts of Steel Shockwave will make a nice Shocky stand-in until we get a proper one (preferably once Generations or whatever line replaces it has Voyagers again).

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    He does for me - I have mostly Classics figures, and Shockwave doesn't look too bad on the shelf next to Megatron. He'll do until we hopefully see a Generations Shockwave.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rather never have another Shockwave toy than for that Energon 'thing' to be considered Classics Shockwave. I absolutely hate that mold.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hehe

he's not exactly the best toy [and i dont know what that alt mode is really supposed to be] but he's got a nice silhouette [if you can look past the ginormous cannon for an arm]

and i love the head sculpt

but yeah, nothing would beat a brand new from scratch classics style shockwave

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Assuming that the next incarnation of Classics follows the same formula as Generations (deluxes only with a few voyager bones thrown in a seperate line), I'm quite satisfied with this DOTM voyager as my stand-in Shockwave. The Energon mold has a lot of potential, but those arms are a let down (especially the left one, but the right one's not ideal either). And if he showed up in Generations, I'm sure he'd be a nice toy, but we'd have to worry about him being as small as Straxus or Thunderwing? Seeing as how G1 Shockwave never took an Earth mode, this guy works in my book.