DOTM Shockwave: will he be hard to find?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hippie Trooper, May 17, 2011.

1. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    So far Ive only seen one of him, it was this morning and I hid him and was planning on getting him later today. However, while I can afford him it would be tight for me financially and would really rather put him back on the shelf and get him later but am afraid he'll be that figure Ill never see at retail again.
    What do you guys think? Should I wait on him or will he become that rare, near impossible to find figure?
    Later

2. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

It's tough to say. I've seen his wavemates all over, but he has been conspicuously missing (as has Megatron, despite his wavemates being present). It seems he's getting scooped up quick. If I remember correctly, the Fallen was also like that when he first came out and then he was pretty easy to find later on.

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They've been available for a whole day, so to judge whether a figure will be hard to find isn't really accurate at this stage.
    Sure, it's one of the most in-demand figure, but the line is flooding the market right now.

4. TheRhymenoceros

TheRhymenoceros Derp.

No, he's only wave 2, and going by the last two movie lines we'll probably see shitloads of everything up to wave 4 at the very least.

5. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

I wonder if stores are wary from all the shelfwarmers from RotF, HftD, PCC, and Generations, and are going to order less this time around.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I think this sums it up nicely. So far, he's the only other Voyager that I'm interested in but I'm not sweating it yet.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doubtful. Right now it seems that only certain stores have put out wave 2 voyagers, but by the time the movie hits, I'm sure they'll be easy to find.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twenty bucks is going to make you or break you?

I have Shockwave. He's a nice figure. But not nice enough to make me decide between toys and eating.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    He's hard to find right now only because he's wave 2 and should not have been released yet. Consider yourself lucky to find him so early. There will be tons of Shockwaves on the shelves soon.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I kind of wonder if stores aren't a little worried about movie action figures in general given how many toys have ended up warming shelves. Sure the films might have done great at the box office, but it seems after a week or two movie toys for things like Iron Man just sit there. Ouch or the way stores couldn't give away stuff like the action figures for the GI Joe live action movie.

For example most of the places I've been to had Thor action figures but not the overwhelming flood of toys like when Iron Man came out. I haven't really had a chance to see if the Dark of the Moon line is taking up as much display space as Revenge of the Fallen did.

11. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

for now, not really. it will pop up eventually, like zits on a greasy teenager then you'll get sick of seeing it afterwards.

think back to the ice cream twins with ROTF.

i want one but i'll wait until it goes on sale. :D 

12. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    In short I, like many others, had my bank account fraudulently hit over the weekend. I have a seperate fund that is my "toy fund" and its in good shape, but while the whole mess gets straightened, Id rather not buy any toys at the moment, know what I mean?
    Later

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    He's Shockwave and there's one per case, but he's being released at least close to the beginning of a movie tie-in line. He'll be a frustratingly annoying figure to find at first, most likely, but you'll almost assuredly get him if you budget for him for when you do see him.

If he were being released in the middle or end of the line with no movie associated with it, like Lugnut and Highbrow were, there would be reason to be concerned about finding him. As it is, I don't think I'll ever see Lugnut, but I'm confident I'll find Shockwave.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The case box is also marked with the same street date as Wave 1. It was Hasbros full intent for wave 2 voyagers to be on the shelf on the release date. In the end it all boils down to what stores they got shipped to. The one Walmart that I saw them at had at least 3 cases of Wave 2 voyagers and 3 cases of wave 1 voyagers.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found no signs of Wave 2 Voyagers when I hit two Targets, two WMs, and one TRU.

16. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

17. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just wait. If the stores are only putting out the first wave....I'm pretty sure once they're more or less out of wave 1, they'll be putting out wave 2. At any rate, when that happens....you'll be able to get Shockwave :) 

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    He's like the Fallen: initial buzz has everyone both collectors and speculators snapping him up.

By August he'll be everywhere and people will be complaining about finding nothing but him.

19. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think there's a shortage per se, but its in high demand: a g1 character, and he's the main anagonist in the final film. Mold is sweet to boot.

I visited about 10 stores yesterday, and saw only one, which I bought.

20. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I don't trust my stores to actually restock with Wave 2 once Wave 1 is sold out, so I just ordered Shockwave and most of Wave 2 online.

In my area, stores will just restock with more Wave 1 until the pegs are nothing but Bumblebee and Skids, like they did already. Or, they just won't bother restocking at all, like every other line they carry.

I hadn't gone hunting since October and yesterday reminded me why I don't bother.