Minor/Repaint: DOTM Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shandemia, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Shandemia

Shandemia Well-Known Member

Hi to all,
    Just wanted to update on some pictures after recently finishing this bad boy.
    Repainted him, gave him a clean look on vehicle mode but a little dirty on his alt mode.

That dull red paint Hasbro has given him is a crime to this figurine, so he was repainted using a richer insignia red color. A few highlights in silver, aluminum and white and a few shadows here and there made the trick for the rest.

Cut out both sides of his forearms and gave him some cabling in his chest to give him a more accurate CGI look.

Changed his eyes and siren lights to blue LED's even though my 6 year old son screamed at me right in the middle of the IMAX movie theatre that i should have made his eyes red after we saw what this guy did to our beloved old grunt.

Hope you like him.

Have a great day everyone.

Attached Files:

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    awesome! everyone who has been repainting him have all done stellear jobs!

3. Pyps

Pyps Germany´s Customizer

wow, amazing stuff °_°

4. mip

mip Active Member

Your work is very cool!
    Really like the number sign "31" you added on his inner legs.
    Is it decal? Or you hand-painted it? Awesome.

5. Shandemia

Thanks for the compliment Mip.
    I made a stencil for the number 31 on his leg and airbrushed it in. It looked white on the CGI drawing but i made it bright silver. Just stood out more for me when i compared the two colors.

6. Shandemia

Thanks!!
    This is a figure you have to customize in order to like it because the original one from the store looks totally bland with that dull boring red Hasbro gave it.

The good thing about him is that it's pretty easy to spice him up in robot mode and still mantain him looking really neat in vehicle mode. Of course i say this comparing him with other more complex figures like leader class Optimus for example.

7. Nobiemon

Nobiemon New Member

Awesome!! What kind of paint (or brand) did you use for that red? Is it all painted with airbrush?

8. AndyHibbsCustom

AndyHibbsCustom Well-Known Member

great work Im working on the same project at the moment and just about to make my stencils !

9. Shandemia

Thanks Andy.
    This compliment coming from an amazing customizer is very flattering.
    Love your work. Saw your pics of how your Sentinel is coming out so far and it looks awesome.

10. Shandemia

Thanks!!, i used Insignia Red Enamel Paint. Looked at various pictures of this figure and also of the real Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck they used for the film and found this particular red to look better.

Not everything was airbrushed. The details and weathering effects on his body were made by hand.

The cables i made from parts of an old Spawn Cyber Unit figure i had laying around in a storage bin, just had to cut them to size and paint them a little bit.