Minor/Repaint: DOTM Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, May 29, 2011.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Of course I can't add the cords or paint the red parts on the chest without messing up the alt mode look, but I repainted this guy to look as movie accurate as I could.
    Hope yall like!
    Comments LOVED!

Attached Files:

2. Pyps

Pyps Germany´s Customizer

more dirty!

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Fantastic paintwork, man! I especially appreciate how much something as simple as painting the eyes does for the headsculpt.

4. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

very nice.. keeping it plain and simple towards the movie version and nothing else drastic.. i've already started custom painting mine, and for the longest time, i just stared at him to see what to do.. and to be honest.. i dont kno how much stuff i can do that would make it so dramatically different.. like the ROTF Prime and ROTF Megatron.. you know wat i mean?

alittle paint job over the gray parts.. some weathering.. etc. but anything else? guess imma do ALOT of weathering to see something dramatic on mine =P

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good timing, I was about to paint my Sentinel Prime and I wanted to see what kind of paint apps other people did to theirs.

Now that I look at the chest part compared to the movie and toy, the leader toy one is surprisingly inaccurate.

6. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im in the process of painting mine up and yes it is. the basic areas are there just not the shape or proper details, which is something that seems to be a theme with this guy the closer you start looking at him.

it works for what it is though....you know since it has to turn into something and everything lol

its amazing what adding just a little more silver does to this figure and really makes you amazed at just how much its lacking in paint details =/

7. grinkrystal

grinkrystal Replicator

News Credits:
    Good job!

8. Unicron9

Thanks guys!

I was happier with this figure right out of the box than most Leader class figs actually. Rather than go all out on wear, scrapes, dirt, etc., I just wanted to add what I could to get him closer to the movie look. He even had some silver paint instead of the usual gray already on him.
    So yeah, I sure do know what you mean about him not needing much work, much like some others before him. Can't agree about ROTF Megatron though. That thing was in drastic need of a highly weathered and rusty silver paint job, and some elbow articulation.

Yeah it does have plenty of inaccuracies but like ya said, It has to transform to a fire truck thing too. That's why I couldn't paint in the red parts or more weathering on the chest. Want him to look clean in alt mode.
    I did a lot more than add a little silver though, haha. I'd say about 90% of the robot mode was painted. All hand painted with brush paints because I didn't want to take him apart. I re-did all of the red too so he wouldn't be that odd maroon color anymore.

9. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh! hehe, i should have made myself a little more clear, my pathetic first attempt at this guy is just a little silver missing from the toy that when added made a huge difference to the over all "bleh" look of the toy....your job is fantastic =D

10. Unicron9

Oh its cool man. I didn't know for sure what you meant but I wanted to be a bit more clear on what all I did, since it could probably be mistaken for just some touch ups. :) 

11. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Truly awesome dude! Great work as always. I can't wait to get this figure in stores.

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Awesome!

13. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

ya i definitely agree on the fact that this guy really doesnt need THAT much work done to him out of the box.. repainting the gray def. but prob not that much weathering.. i also feel tat way about the shockwave.. lol i wanna work on him.. but at the same time i really like the way he is stock lol

14. Nickleby

Nickleby Autobot

Instagram:
    Perhaps the best Sentinel Prime I have ever seen. Nice work!