DOTM Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Feb 14, 2011.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that Sentinel Prime has been officially confirmed as a character in the DOTM film, a few questions come to mind:

• Is he a descendant of the Ancient Primes like Optimus? If so, could there be other descendants that are forgotten, hidden away, and/or nobody knows about?
    • Will his role in DOTM be the same as The Fallen in ROTF, but the opposite?
    • Will he challenge Optimus for leadership of the Autobots?
    • Could he be the key to ending the war between the Autobots and Decepticons and restoring Cybertron?
    • Who do you think will be the voice of Sentinel Prime in the film?

2. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

None of us are Michael Bay, and none of us will probably know until July.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Here is what we know about Sentinel Prime.

One he is Prime with the Dynasty of Primes symbol.

[​IMG]

Two he is mentioned to have led an expedition. Given Nelson gave the name of his ship as the Ark.

Sam's Rant in ROTF.

I just finished your book and there's only one problem. Einstein's wrong.
    Energy does equal mass times the velocity of light squared in this dimension, but what about the other 17? We haven't even talked about the other 17. Clear example. Break down the elemental components of Energon, assume a constant decay rate and extrapolate for each of the... Fourteen galactic convergences it took the Sentinel Prime expedition to receive an... Echo on its signal, you wind up with a formula for inter-dimensional energy increase that mass and light alone can't possibly explain.

Three the Fallen believes Sentinel Prime is dead. Why he is sure of we do not know but his cry for Optimus to die like his brothers entails he had his minions commit a purge. Jetfire doesn't know who Optimus is but he may have met some before, perhaps even Sentinel himself.

This makes me think while Cybertron may be at peace during Optimus and Megatron's time before Megatron's betrayal there may be a secret war going on in the depths of space.

Which brings us as to the question if the crashes of the Nemesis and the Ark are related to each other.

[​IMG]

Well he was in command of the Ark which is a parallel to the Fallen commanding the Nemesis.

Earlier 2007 Movie script have Sentinel Prime appear to Sam in a vision explaining how the war began. Optimus and Megatron being his sons. Course Megatron being Optimus' brother is retconned.

4. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Sheesh, they really toyed around with this Prime stuff. They better have a good explanation for Sentinel here. I look forward to it.

5. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

I hope there is a bit of rivalry between Sentinal and Optimus like in Animated. Just....toned down a little.

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know till we get the next trailer but I really want to see Sentinel Prime and the fallen battle in flashbacks.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    As Ive said before - The Fallen must have figured Sentinel to have been dead. But if he was in stasis like Jetfire, it must be like slipping under a radar.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

To the first question, yes, probably.

To the others, it would suck if that happened [and only serve to make The Fallen weaker].

I've always thought in the whole "The Fallen rebellion" as: there were a hell load of ancient Primes, around forty Primes [like the greek patheon of Gods], who ruled Cybertron.

Then The Fallen decided to screw everyone up, killed the Primes and the Thirteen Original Transformers, rallied followers [Decepticons], and made them blow shit up, spreading chaos on Cybertron.

Then, the war broke out on Cybertron, The followers of The Fallen [Decepticons] and the followers of the Original Primes [Autobots] started a planetary wide civil war.

He and his Decepticon army slayed all the other Primes left as the decades passed.

In the final stages of the war, The All Spark was lost into space amidst the war and only two Primes survived: Sentinel and Optimus.

Sentinel Prime ambushed The Fallen in his last attempt to destroy the Decepticons, after a massive space battle, he "crippled" The Fallen for the rest of his life [causing him to lose a LOT of his strength, endurability and speed, thus why he get his ass kicked so fast on TF2], but entered on stasis lock, with his ship crashing in the moon.

I first thought so, but now, as he is going to have an earth-mode, I think he will have more of a role.

I don't know, maybe...

Maybe not him PER SAY, but I think The Ark will be something really "hell keys"-thing [my guess is: The Ark is Omega Supreme's alt mode].

It would be fun to see Peter Cullen doing both, but I don't know if he can pull out such a weird feat, if not: Liam Neeson [there's no one better for a cool mentor than him], Nick Nolte, Sam Elliott [both unholy cool voices], Christopher Lee [to see him playing a hero for once in his freaking career] would be good choices.

9. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    And for all those who thought it was Unicron...yeah i bet your life is awesome! lol