DOTM Sentinel Prime Fault

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by biddilybah, May 24, 2011.

1. biddilybah

biddilybah Member

Hi,

I'm new here but i was wondering if you could help me out?

I'm from the UK and today I finally got my hands on a DOTM Sentinal Prime from my local Toys r us.

I've just unboxed him and tried to transform him into the Firetruck and it seems that on his back bumper, i've unluckily got one which seems to have the same part that tabs together twice and as such it will not join together.

With this figure seemingly not released on a wide scale yet in the UK, i'm wondering if there have been quality control issues which has delayed his release here.

Does anyone else have this issue or have i just been unlucky?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Uh, what? This sort of thing is common in Transformers. They wouldn't delay a line for something like that. Now, there's the Crankcase finger thing, but that only pertains to Deluxe cases.

3. biddilybah

biddilybah Member

So do you think if i return him tomorrow, there's a good chance i won't run into this issue again on other leader Sentinel Primes?

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    So far it is not a common occurrence, so you should be safe. There is a difference in the electronics between US versions of Sentinel Prime and International versions but it shouldn't affect your exchange.

5. biddilybah

biddilybah Member

I returned my Sentinel. They had 5 in stock, 4 of which had the same fault as mine. I picked up the one that didn't and went back and transformed him in the car. When transforming him in the car, none of his side panels would clip together and they all looked bent. I tried to tweak the arms and legs but it just wouldn't come together and i've had to return him for a refund.

Either i'm really unlucky or i think there could be something not quite right with the EU Sentinel Primes.

I'm gutted about Sentinel but i was over the moon when i seen a Masterpiece Grimlock sitting on the shelf so i got him instead.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

4 units in one place isn't a good sign.

Alt mode does take a bit of part tweaking though,even when the heel parts are correctly matched.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Where do you live mate? Anyone who lives near you I would advise not to get a Sentinel Prime from that TRU!

8. biddilybah

biddilybah Member

My local TRU is Nottingham. I couldn't believe it when i realised that the one i thought would be ok turned out looking worse than the one i returned. Thank god i got a MP Grimlock from there otherwise today would have been a total disaster.

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    you have to be really precise to get Sentinel lined up properly for the panels to fit. The main culprit is the arms going into the legs. Once you've figured it out it is not so bad but the figure does have a steep learning curve. Glad to hear that you found a suitable replacement though; Grimlock is a great figure.

10. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I have this problem with mine. The panels that are on his arms wont clip in very well in alt mode. But i'm not to bothered about it since i always display my Transformers in robot mode.