DOTM Score to be released when Blu-Ray of movie is Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Hi everyone!

I've been waiting on the Score for DOTM to come out on disc, like a lot of other people. I didn't see this posted just yet, so, I figured it would cheer up those, like me, awaiting the actual CD!

Now, there's an explanation, and a release time-frame too!

Here's a link:

The Knight Shift: Steve Jablonsky writes this blog about TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON score CD!!!

I've bolded the details.

Here's the letter from Mr. Jablonsky:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Cool, I can wait then if we're getting a special edition. I can just listen to them on YouTube until then. :) 

I hope it's in a nice collectors case instead of a regular plastic case. Maybe throw in a DVD based video on the disc that shows some of the composition and recordings with the orchestra. Maybe even throw in the first two scores for a Steve Jablonsky extravaganza! :D  I'd buy it.

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Picked up the digital score on iTunes last night. Loving it. Sets the tone whilst I work. :D 

Sad to hear it's being pushed back, Bay has the right to judge anything before it's released, of course - it's just unfortunate.

But I'm loving the up side to this. If the special edition type release alongside the DVD is nice, I may pick it up. I'd love something like an artbook - perhaps with the actors/voice actors signing relevant pages. Might be a bit much to ask, but it'd make it so much sweeter.

Either that, or maybe some expanded tracks - I've always loved the soaring music during the wide shot of the street battle in TF1. Working that from a small, fifteen second flourish into a full on track would be glorious.

4. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

I'd love a collecters edition of all three. All 3 in on package with a Making of DVD maybe even slap like 5.1 versions of them in too idk. Just go nuts. Point being I want all three together. Just like I want all three films together

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You'll get all three films as a box set - count on it.

All three soundtracks as a 4 disk set, with previously unreleased tracks from the first two, would actually be a really awesome package. Even if the DOTM soundtrack ends up as two disks, with the other being unreleased tracks from the first two films, that would be superb.

Meanwhile, I'm off to iTunes to get that digital copy.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Just listened to it. I can't seem to find the reprise of the 'Arrival to Earth' theme which plays when Prime says
    "we will kill them all".

Nor the reprise of the 'Optimus' theme which also plays during the final battle.

Anyone?

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's cool, I can wait. It's nice to know why I'm waiting and roughly how long I'll be waiting for.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we please get a vinyl collection?

9. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Can't say I'm not disappointed about the score's delayed release, but I'm glad that there's finally an explanation about it - and from Jablonsky himself.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess this is why Amazon.com canceled my order..dang! :( 

Oh well, if they do something like this I can be a happy camper. I love the CD's for my car..makes for great driving music. :dj 

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw this yesterday and decided to just buy the digital copy. Warner store still hasn't cancelled my preorder from back in May for the disc so we will see what happens. I am not holding my breath for a special edition, were we not supposed to get one for the 07 movie?

12. HypnoFirework

HypnoFirework Elcor

so wait, do we know when the DVD for the movie is coming out then?
    because he says "release some kind of special edition alongside the blu-ray release".

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The other two were mid October, but the rumor for this one is late September.

14. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you misread. Steve's point is that even though the CD would be ready about then, the CD isn't coming out in August. It will be released at some unknown point in the future to coincide with the release of the Blu-ray/DVD.

"Paramount would rather not release a score CD almost 2 months after the movie release"

15. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is not all that unusual John Debney's score to Iron Man 2 was released in late July last year.

16. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Pfft, physical media is dead. Most people just rip it to PC or their portable device anyway.

And CDs aren't really CDs anymore anyway. Everyone have fun with your "media storage discs" that often contain more than what they're supposed to.

17. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting to find the reprise of "Arrival to Earth" from the Smithsonian scene in RotF...

18. JustEddie

JustEddie Member

The sog from the previews is not included... Name is "thorgasm"...

19. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Also "Prelude" by Paul Jebanasam.

20. jrice73

jrice73 New Member

You are exactly right. I know I'm new here but I read this same press release from Jablonsky on another site. The CD IS NOT coming out in August. Once again, the CD IS NOT scheduled at all for release in August. If it is indeed released it will be released with the Blu-ray/DVD releases later on in the year which I would bet would be in October or November. Also, there are several tracks from the film missing from the digital release including the 'Arrival to Earth' and 'Autobots' theme music used at the end of the film when Optimus says "we'll kill them all" and also during the final battle. Just saw DOTM for the third time tonight and was listening to the score before and after the film and those tracks are not included anywhere.