Minor/Repaint: DOTM Ricochet/Stepper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I was pretty excited when I first saw the pictures of the Target Exclusive DOTM Jazz because I thought with very little effort he could make a great movie style Ricochet!

Here's my (very) humble attempt to make that happen. Not a whole lot to discuss here, honestly. I added some gold highlights to the wheels, grill, face and feet. Print out some flame decals and it's a wrap! I'm not entirely happy with the decals to be honest, so if anyone can point me in the direction of where I could get some others that would work I would certainly appreciate it!

The only down side to this project was that I needed to remove paint from the doors and hood. I decided to soak the doors and the passenger side hood panel in 90% alcohol which is NOT a good idea for this type of plastic! I knew better, but I honestly wasn't thinking. The result is that I now have a broken hinge on the hood panel. It will still stay in place in both modes, but it's still a bit of a disappointment...

Anyway, comments and critique are always welcome! I would love to get some advice on the decals as well!

Thanks,
    Nightwind

Attached Files:

2. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

cool! nice work

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Sorry for that door thingy....great job though.

4. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

I had the same idea when I saw/bought him. Good work!
    Have you tried modding Pinpointer that comes with HA Tailpipe into his targetmaster yet?

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Much appreciated! :) 

KowBot, I am thinking about a Targetmaster but I'm not sure about the direction yet. I have an extra Pinpointer that I was trying to find a place, so this could work! I'll give it a try! Thanks! :thumb