DOTM Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are some repaints/remolds you want in the DOTM line? Here are some that I want:
    -Repaint of DOTM Sideswipe in red, with black and white dragon tattoos, a black and white Autobot symbol, and a light blue windshield (to look like Taejo Togokahn's car from Speed Racer); his robot mode only parts would be black or white
    -Repaint of Sidearm Sideswipe in black, with a dark purple windshield, one silver stripe on each side, two silver stripes on the top, and a silver grill (to look like the repaint of HA Sideswipe in HFTD); robot ode monly parts would be black, rather than blue or brown like the HFTD version
    -Repaint of HFTD Terradive in BM Jetstorm's colors
    -Repaint of HFTD Tomahawk in G1 Vortex's colors (like the Takara version)
    -The 2007 Movie Landmine mold in green (army green, not the greyish turquoise color of the original)

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Shadow Blade Megatron's deco on Voyager Megatron that or a head retooled Motormaster or Onsluaght.

Bumblebee as cliffjumper, I mean the i million bumblebee repaints but only one bayformer Cliffjumper like wtf?

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

I came here to post pretty much that exactly. Take the cues from the Cyberverse Target black redeco of Megatron. I'd love for a new head, either not battle damaged or a more hybrid classic style of either Motormaster or Onslaught.

4. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I think you could do G1 repaints of just about everyone. We're already getting G1 versions of Ratchet and Ironhide, Bumblebee and Shockwave are pretty close already.

G1 Optimus
    G1 Megatron
    G1 Sideswipe
    G1 Sunstreaker (Yellow Sideswipe with remolded head)
    G1 Cliffjumper (Red Bumblebee with remolded head)

Those are a good start.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper. From Nitro Bee. New head. Yessssss.
    Lockdown, from TopSpin, yes we have a movie-verse Lockdown already... but never forget that Lockdown is always upgrading hisself.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I would love to see a Prime mold in the Nightwatch deco from the TFTM Leader. It was a freaking amazing paint job!

7. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Sentinel Prime as Inferno (too close?) or Grapple. Also a possible Hot Spot.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Maybe G1 repaints of Mirage, Wheeljack, and Soundwave, with new heads.

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I think there's already been several threads like this, but oh well.

Deluxe Starscream into G1 Starscream (To go with Thundercracker)
    Skyhammer into Evac or Springer (Because I hate his current color scheme)
    HA Tailpipe into Arcee (Because I want a scout-size Arcee)

That's all I can think of right now.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know why, but I think I posted this before.
    Anyway, a DOTM Sideswipe redecoed or repainted (don't started the unpainted DOTM Sideswipe jokes) into black with an axe/rifle weapon and new head named Sunstreaker

A red DOTM Bumblebee redeco/repaint with a giant cannon

Red Movie Ironhide

G1 inspired Movie Megatron, Optimus and Bumblebee

Red and white Ironhide with a Ratchet head

Full red with Ratchet with cannons and an Ironhide head

Retooled Shockwave with a flat chest

11. Z20

Z20 Active Member

Am I the only one who wants to see the ROTF Sideways mold get repainted into Wreckloose, except it's not in the neon green color his Speed Stars toy is, but instead in the dark green colors featured on the package art?

12. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I need a Movie-verse Prowl.

Any ideas who'd make a good mold for this guy?

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    a heavily retooled Bumblebee i guess

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Mirage, maybe?

15. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

A retooled Sideways might make an interesting Prowl.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    RTS Jazz could also be Prowl

EDIT: Maybe a retooled ROTF Jolt could be a Hot Shot

17. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Would Rotf Dirge give a better G1 homage then the actual movie seeker mold? just give him some new hand parts and a new g1-seeker esque head. but then again yeah,many people might not agree with the idea...

but here's my ideas: (bio's included on most of them.)

Fireflight from Hftd Terradive,a homage to the universe 1.0 toy but with some g1 color elements,blue light piping eyes.
    Bio:Fireflight was always a dreamer,a true surrealist but sometimes it gets in the way when it comes to missions,a reason why Optimus suggested fellow Aerialbot Air Raid to accompany him just incase he spaces out.
    Strength:6/Intelligence:6/Speed:8/Endurance:8/Rank:5/Courage:10/Fireblast:7/Skill:3/

Autobot Eightpack,Repainted from Hftd Hailstorm,New top upper arm and upper missile launcher flap with 5mm weapon compatibility,Orange Camofauge,A homage to cybertron Tankor
    Mechtech weapon:High-Caliber Photon Launcher,Repaint of Dotm Regular Bumblebee plasma cannon
    Bio:There are two things Eightpack loves: Heavy weaponry and Small Organics,but hates it when the defenceless organics end up being on the front barrel of said heavy weapons. He tends to lead the decepticons away from crouded places. Armed with two four-packs of ballistic missiles and a newly obtained Photon Launcher,the decepticons have to think twice before slaughtering anyone in his watch.
    Strength:10/Intelligence:5/Speed:2/Endurance:9/Rank:5/Courage:10/Fireblast:8/Skill:4/

Indy Heat With Samuel Speed,Repaint from HA Dragstrip,a homage to R.i.d Skid-z,New head. added sponsors: "TFA-TS","Ages","Takara" and a Maximal Symbol
    Bio:"Indy Heat finds the thought of racing quite thrilling,to a relay race,to a racing game,or just racing around the world you will find him,though noticing that he haves to be a "robot in disguise" he would need
    a partner,luckly after meeting a a fellow enthusiast of speed,he's set. equiped with a potent z-energon coursing in his wiring he can go fast and not worry about tiring out."
    Strength:5/Intelligence:5/Speed:10/Endurance:?/Rank:3/Courage:8/Fireblast:0/Skill:7/

Gasket From Generations Kup,using the mystery retool head,Colors based on Armada ransack and Cybertron Ransack GTS,includes a repainted version of Skid's mechtech weapon
    -"Gasket used to be a decepticon warrior,until he realized that being downright evil wasnt cut out for him,so he nowadays hang out with the autobot salvage,though he miss the days that he and his partner,Crumplezone Burning rubber in the streets."
    Strength:/Intelligence:/Speed:/Endurance:8/Rank:/Courage:4/Fireblast:4/Skill:6/

Autobot Rayfall from Movie 1 Wreckage,Color scheme based on Cybertron "Minicon Autobot" Thunderblast,with added Brown camo details.
    -"Rayfall is a expert at Ground-based anti air tactics,how ever he doesnt take as much credit to his superior,Sky Lynx. He thinks oh him as nothing but a egotistical snob that doesnt shut up.
    However,Orders are orders and he haves to follow them."
    Strength:7/Intelligence:10/Speed:5/Endurance:4/Rank:6/Courage:8/Fireblast:9/Skill:9/

Also i think Deathcobra would made a awesome repaint from Skyhammer,they have similiar alt modes for god sakes! and since when Deathcobra had a toy,huh? yeah he doesn't do much,but thats why personal canon is for,that and hey,Springer is better off as a new mold,i know g1 is the most popular topic about the fandom,besides,movie toys cant end up being botcon exclusives,right? well who should i know,im not a genius.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hell I'd settle for a Sentinel with a nicer shade of red.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The Wal-Mart deluxe Prime repainted in black and grey, with a few touches of purple.

20. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

They arn't DotM figures, but they would fit just as well in the DotM line.

A four pack (or two pack purely for the voyagers) of the Lugnut, Highbrow, Hubcap, and Ransack mould.

Call it, "Battle of the Ancients" or "The Seeker's War" or w/e and paint them all in more realistic faded/worn colors/decos.

This would be a great way to get some cool/hard to find figures back on the market in an easily themed package based on the old timey shots from RotF. (They could maybe even be done in black/white/grey colors!)