DOTM Release Date Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFXProtector, May 8, 2011.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I looked at the calendar and noticed something strange...

This year's toyline release takes place on a Monday, not a weekend day like the previous two. (I believe TF1 was released on a Saturday.)

So, will there be a midnight release like the previous two, or will it be "They're on the shelf, have at 'em!" at some random time that day?

2. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Don't think so. A buddy of mine works @ Wallyworld and he told me that they are not having any midnight release. Though I can be wrong I would check around to see if any other store is having one. It also depends on where you live I guess.

3. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    That would seem to fit with what I've been reading up on. No TRU events, no mention of midnight, stores merely waiting for their resets to go through...

If this is the case, we might not see DOTM anywhere but Target for a while. If this is what we had to wait for, I'm gonna be pissed.

4. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I dunno about that. I was at one of my local walmarts, and it looked like they were clearing out the beyblades to make room for DOTM stuff. the pegs were completely empty sands for make two things and the TF pegs had a few gen figures on it.

Knowing TRU, their night crew will probably set up the big display in front like the last times.

So I wouldn't worry. Once the 16th rolls around, there will be plenty everywhere. :) 

Last times, I think that walmart waits until around 1-4 A.M. (don't quote me on that, its just a guess. :p ) then they fill up the shelf with the product. I remember for TF1 I went at 6 in the morning and everything was there. The other stores' night stock bring the stuff out after they close the preceding night.

5. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    The only reason I worry is that it's somewhat difficult for me to get to the right stores.

Wal-Mart? Nothing's moved. Generations, Reveal The Shield, Hunt For The Decepticons, and N.E.S.T./ROTF. Clearanced, but nothing's moved and they just freshly stocked.

K-Mart? Cleared out, but room for only a small selection. (Perhaps case or two. No joke.)

Target? Cleaned out and ready to go.

TRU? Same as Wal-Mart.

I have to drive 37 miles one way, just to get to some of these stores, and it's a costly gamble.

6. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    mine are target and walmart are clearnaced but not fully cleared yet kmarts empty as usually and toys r us didnt have much clearance and will prob fill that entrance display like someone said but it will prob be overnight the 15th everything will be put out

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    That would be great. I can only hope. I'll break tradition this time, it seems. :(  There's a Wal-Mart I used for all of the movie releases, and they know me there too. :(  Looks like I'm going to have to skip 'em this year.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    My TRU and Target are pretty much ready. Hell I went into TRU on Saturday and saw deluxe Bumblebee, Barricade, Sideswipe, Roadbuster and Topspin on the pegs......they couldn't sell them yet, but they are definately ready.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if I remember correctly, The toylines for the pervious movies came out a day early...well at least for me.