DotM Razzie Nominations 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus Prime, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I'll concede that the Visual Effects nomination was rather well-deserved. However, I feel there are certain flaws in the filmmaking and storytelling aspects of the film that make it a technically bad movie. (Hell, I'll admit that I still enjoyed and do enjoy the film, even though I think it's total crap.)

I haven't seen Hugo, so I can't comment on whether or not it really deserves the win, but I feel Planet of the Apes is more deserving of a win than DOTM, though it deserves it more than Harry Potter, and so on. I don't think DOTM did anything ground-breaking this time around. It certainly deserved to win back in 2007, and since it didn't win then it had no reason to now.

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so no one has an answer as to when these are given out?
    Usually they do them the same day as the Oscars so I am on pins and needles as to who won?

Also Sandra Bullock accepted her razzie for All about steve or something like that. It was the same year she won best actress for the Blindside.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I checked their website. It looks like April 1st, 2012.

4. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Sandra Bullock takes the nod as best Razzie acceptor in my book - so funny:

Sandra Bullock takes bow at the Razzies - YouTube

Exactly, although not without considerable amounts of truism in the gag.

DOTM seems an uninspired choice though. Frankly it's a lacklustre uber blockbuster, but nowhere near the horrendous levels of ROTF. THAT is a bad movie.

I think Dempsey's nomination is pretty funny though.

5. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

The only one's it deserves to be nominated for are worst supporting actress and maybe worst screenplay and screen couple. It most certainly doesn't deserve to be nominated for worst picture, screen ensemble, or supporting actor. Sounds like a lot of Michael Bay hate to me. Not like he or anyone cares really, the revenue for Transformers is ridiculously high.

6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I agree except on Breaking Dawn. That was easily the best of the series (not that that's saying much) but still worst than DOTM by a mile.

Rosie vs Kristen Stewart. God yes! K.S. can not act for crap. I like Rosie over Meagan too.

Dempsey owned that role.

Yeah, if we have to be stuck w/ humans in a TF flick, the cast could've been far, far, faaaaar, worst than what we got.

How Uwe Bol never wins worst director each and every friggin' year is a mystery. I swear three-fourths of the people who make a career out of Bay-bashing and TFs bashing have never watched any of the movies, just jumping on the bandwagon haterism.

When Sharkwhatever movie is out there, I don't get the worst screenplay thing either.

I will concede worst couple as Shia and Rosie didn't have the best chemistry.

As far as the Oscars go, the snubbing continues it seems. How TFs didn't get Special Effects and sound is beyond me. I can concede even sound but FX? Please. No contest. At least Bay knows we love him.

7. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

You are missing the point. The Razzies hope to poke fun at large scale Hollywood releases (I'm including comedy and romance stuff here) or well known arthouse material. There isn't any joke to be had in laughing at Uwe Boll or something shown on the Sci-Fi channel. We know these will be terrible before even a frame of film has passed through the camera.

8. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

9. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    People still care about and warrant the opinions of the Razzies?

10. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I totally agree with worst supporting actress - Rosie's acting was cringe-worthy in parts and we all know that deep down acting talent was not a pre-requisite for the role....so no-one should be surprised at the razzie nomination.

I also agree with worst couple - two poor actors, acting together deserve this award. Collectively the whole is much worse than the individual componants (which were lousy anyway).

Worst Screenplay and Worst Director I can sort of understand, although am not 100% convinced they are razzie-worthy.

The other categories are a bit ludicrous IMO.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Fans get upset enough to grab the torches and pitchforks over the least little thing.

Hugo wins some Oscars over Dark of the Moon grab the torches and lets burn down the Oscars.

Razzie nominations come out and people get bent out of shape.

Pretty much anything critical of the film or that somehow says the film was not the best of the best just upsets people so badly still.

12. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I can understand getting bent out of shape about the Transformers not winning anything to some degree honestly. I mean they lost to a polar bear and Hugo. Thousands of interchangeable parts forming into something else beat out a bear. And now this time around it loses all three. The movies have their flaws, but regarding visual effects and sound they are top of the line. I feel the movies should have at least won one thing by now. But that's just my personal opinion and I'm not going to get upset on here about it.

And as far as the Razzies go I could care less of their existence. They can nominate DOTM for whatever they want. No one gives a damn about them.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually felt that it was the best among the 3 movies. The plot was quite involved and had the plot twist of Sentinel being the main villain. We also had more bots and the effects were pretty good. The only complaint was that it was abit too long but overall I enjoyed it more than the first one.

14. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I really have to LOL at all the people getting upset about the Razzie nominations. Come on people, it's a joke! If you enjoyed the movie, then great! Why do you care what some industry thinks?

15. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I (as did most of my friends) thought Patrick Dempsey was the strongest actor in the film, as for the others (except ensemble) I'm not particularly surprised....but, as someone who has had to endure Jack and Jill, I'd be extremely surprised if DOTM does win, I remember watching the brocksdub for Jack and Jill before I saw the film and literally couldn't tell the difference

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worst director for someone who made those machines come to life on the screen and directed action sequences that rival, if not, beat any other movie this year. It's ok to bash the movie on story, or performances from actors, but come on. That's insulting. Regardless of whether you love or hate his style, he directed an amazing visual piece of movie. Anyone handing out those razzies couldn't even imagine those shots in their mind, let alone direct them into reality.

I think the Razzies need a razzie for lamest awards ever. Than again, they are the lamest awards ever.

You've never defended something you like when someone else rips on it? Like never? Think about it for a while.. Never defended anything you like when someone else bashes it and you disagree.... never? ;) 

Everyone knows that it's a joke. We get it, but you are still putting this movie up there with Jack and Jill, and insinuating that they are similar quality movies. Even opinions can only go so far.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  17. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Oh okay mom.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  19. Tuxedo Mark

Tuxedo Mark Well-Known Member

Blasphemy!!! Rosie is no mere "supporting" actress.

And she was pretty good, too.

20. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Thanks Prowl, you just provided me more LOLs