DOTM QC issues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dsprks75, May 20, 2011.

1. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I picked up voyager Megatron and Optimus. Overall these are great figures, but they have numerous issues, especially with loose parts... Megatron's front truck grill in robot mode doesn't want to stay up... his shoulders can barely support the weight of his fusion cannon thing and the small grey side panels that clip into the side of the cab don't want to stay in.

Optimus has a horrible red paint job on his chest and his left hip is loose all to be dammned... like a good gust of wind will knock him down... Plus the back panel you open up to flip his head back during transformation has two holes in it to fit his anntenae into... they don't line up so the panel won't close all the way and the cab has a horrible time coming together during transformation...

I plan on exchanging them, but is there anyone else out there with similar issues?

2. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Megs had a loose as hell right arm. Tightened it up with glue but it still pissed me off. Crankcase needed the superglue treatment too.

3. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I returned a Cyberverse Sentinel Prime because it had a stress mark on one of the small tabs underneath him in truck mode. Funny thing is that tab isn't even a part of his transformation. The new one I have doesn't have any problem. The other few I've gotten (all Cyberverses) have been fine.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Cyberverse Bumblebee with battlbase can barely hold the gun in only 1 position facing down, the jet drone has a gimpy peg 1 wing pops off,BB will not transform without gaps, the feet on BB and the drone dont actually attach to the truck they just sit there hap hazardly, the backpack is actually nice looking but the way it attaches makes it seem like it will stress or snap his roof, the missile fires nicely, missile storage is neat, the fold up missile pods are very nice, but the pivot it's on is very loose and won't support the weight of the launcher.

I really wanted to like this guy but he's going back I'm afraid, I'll wait for Blackout I guess.

Steer clear of those, I really want Blackout and Optimus, but maybe I should wait for later runs without so many qc issues.

5. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Leader SP's ratchets in legs are odd. One is tough to go forward and easy backward, the other is easy to go both ways. It doesn't bother me because his legs aren't just suddenly moving.

6. bigevil801

bigevil801 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my shockwave has a problem with the post that connects the head into the slot in the chest, it barely goes in and pops out at the slightest touch.

7. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

Same here. I may return him for another.

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    my prime was the same way with the head flap but he also came with a cracked forearm and as a result his hand would not stay in. The plastic on him is dangerously thin and cheap.....

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have voyager Prime and Megs, and they are both perfect as far as I can tell. I also have Leader Sentinel Prime, and that's where I have a QC issue. While his left arm snaps into his torso secure enough to move his arm around with it staying in, the right arm's little connection is a bit... chewed on? It looks a little deformed and therefore hasn't the resistance to stay attached if I'm posing his arm.

10. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

The shoulder flaps on my Roadbuster will not stay up, no matter how much I push the holes over the pegs...becasue the shoulder wheels are in the way...anyone else seeing this?

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ditto.

Stays in place well enough though.

My Shockwave's hose has a ton of trouble fitting into most holes though, especially the one for his backpack (where it is meant to go).

Some somewhat loose joints on parts of my wreckers.

12. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

Update: I returned DOTM Megs for another and the right shoulder on the new one is tighter and will support his cannon, however it still isn't as tight as the left shoulder.

13. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    The only QC i've noticed on my DOTM haul is as follows.

Legion Bumblebee and Topspin's wheel's don't like to rotate (prying the pin out with a flathead fixed this however)

My Deluxe Roadbuster's arm's were extremely loose (fixed by super gluing thank god)

No problems with my voyager figures, except one of the panels by skyhammer's head is stressed, no biggy as it's pretty sturdy for now.

And last, Sentinel prime, I've become so flustered with getting the side panels to go in all the way in vehicle mode. I don't know if the tabs are too thick or thin or what, but I barely get it on before it refuses to go in any further, once I get it to a certain point it stays, and doesn't look to bad.

All in all, I feel like the QC problems began with the HFTD and Gen. line. I've never had any issues until they began.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I've suffered no real QC issues thus far. I've gotten Voyager Megs and Skyhammer, and deluxes Roadbuster, Starscream, Topspin, Crankcase, and Barricade. Got all Cyberverse Commanders save for Powerglide. Finally, topping off all of that is Leader Sentinel.

The only thing I've done is to tighten up some joints with superglue. I don't consider that a QC issue, so I suppose I'm fortunate to not have gotten bad examples with other problems. Basically, if I can fix it with little to no effort and work, then I don't consider it an issue.

15. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the hip joints on Crankcase are kinda loose. His shoulder are too. I have 3 of 'em and they're all about the same.

16. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

This.....except that the tab that slides into the back of the chest plate, wont stay in, it just slides right back out again.

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Just picked up the Voyager Ironhide, and other than being a horrible toy, his head is terribly loose and his Mechtech weapon won't lock at all. I'm considering returning him...