DOTM Prices

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, May 12, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i picked up deluxe roadbuster and crankcase today at walmart. they were only $9.88 each.

are these toys going to be much cheaper than previous lines or what? or will the prices jump soon? or is it just my walmart?

what are some of the prices you're seeing/purchasing on new DOTM stuff and where are you finding them?

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Deluxes are the same price at my Wal-Mart. Cyberverse Commander figures are $7.98 if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure these are just introductory prices to get the initial product moving and we'll see increases later.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i was thinking that. so we might as well start buying now... : )

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just bought Crankcase tonight at Wal-Mart.

Deluxes:
    $9.88 @ Wal-Mart
    $10.99 @ Toys R Us
    $11.99 @ Target

Voyagers:
    $19.76 (I believe) @ Wal-Mart
    $19.99 @ both Target and TRU

Leaders:
    $39.99 @ Wal-Mart
    $44.99 @ Target and TRU

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

do you think the voyagers will jump up to 24ish at walmart eventually?

6. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    i got my Megatron for $18.78, not that its a big difference lol. and i have seen 1 Walmart in AZ that the Deluxes were still $11.88 as well

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think all the negative hype that was flying around a few weeks ago about DotM toys being the most expensive TFs of all time in each of their class sizes was a little premature. I'm not saying the people who reported it didn't know what they were talking about, I know for a fact that they did.
    I just think that some people who read about it got far too worked up and panicked because they didn't realise that it's just the recommended retail price as indicated by Hasbro. There was never any possibility of the stores (or most of them anyway) selling the stuff at hugely inflated rates over any previous TFs, as nobody but rich fans would have bought them.
    Big chain stores can afford to take a hit on prices here and there as they make up for it in other ways. It will be interesting to see what TRU come up with, for example, as it's not like they can recoup costs on groceries etc.

I think in general, the sale price of the DotM figures will be in line with what we have been seeing for the past 18 months-2 years, maybe even less in the first few months to get the product nicely on its way, as people have already mentioned.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxes for the last to movies have drop to 7.99 by the time the movie comes out. These are the highest prices you'll see for dotm toys. Once they are officially released then the big 3 will start competing with them selves and we'll see price drops and sales. Then fans will rage that they got ripped off and were over charged because they couldn't wait to buy these new toys.

THEN...Prime toys will be released and the prices will go back up to what there supposed to be and fans will rage again

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sincerely doubt it. This size class has held it's price between $15.00 and $20.00 for over a decade. I sincerely doubt they'll fluctuate that high at Wal-Mart unless outside forces (economy, for one) force it.

Wal-Mart's been pretty good about keeping the prices stable, with only a few fluctuations here and there. We should give them credit for that, if nothing else.

Not bad for a Voyager. I wonder if that will be a nationwide kinda deal. If so, I know where I'm buying these beasts.

I should clarify... That comment about holding for over a decade was meant to include the Beast Wars/Machines Megas which are the same class as Voyagers. I didn't mean to have people think I meant Voyagers have been around that long.

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

u.u here in Chile, the stores stayed with ROTF prices (at least with Leaders) and Deluxes costs 1000pesos (almost 2 dollars) more, but voyagers are at the same price as Movie07 voyagers :D  sadly for us, Leader class toys are "multilanguage" versions (that means they are like Pokemons, they just say their own name and NOTHING else)
    u.u