DOTM Playset Question.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gambit020480, Aug 1, 2011.

1. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    My son picked out the DOTM Optimus Prime Playset because he wanted an OP with a trailer. He then wanted to get Megatron so he could have someone for Prime to fight. Looking for Megatron today got me curious as to how many of these playsets are available for purchase. From what I find, it appears there are/will be six total. Four have been released while two await release. Those two are the Shockwave an Ratchet. My question encompasses all six, but really is focused on the released sets as I have no info on the two to be released.

It appears to me that the Prime and Megatron's playsets include commander class figures, while Starscream and Bumblebee's contain legends/legion size figures. Whats the deal with that? Where is the tradeoff for accepting the legion figures? Are their playset accessories more than what you get with Prime and Megatron? And, if anyone has the info, do you know what size the figures will be in Shockwave and Ratchet sets? I really don't get into the movies or toys from them, but I have to admit the Prime playset is kinda neat with a trailer. And, Megatron looks interesting being a dirty looking semi. Not that I would change my OP on the movies :) , but these toys are neat! Please let me know what you think about my question and any info on the unreleased sets. Thanks!!

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Not sure about BB's, but Starscream's spaceship looks pretty big and intrincate, maybe more than Prime and megs' trailers.

3. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    My speculation on the unreleased set is that the Ratchet one will probably be legion class since there is a legion class toy and no Commander class. Shockwave has not been made into anything but voyager size, so I hope that he is Commander class, and probably with his drill.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ill chime in to that.

BB and SS vehicles they come with are a hell of alot more beefy than what you get with the prime and megs ones. BBs APC is pretty good size, and has a heft to it, as does SC's

Primes and megs trailers are pretty small in comparison, hence the commander that comes with it.

I feel its a solid set, which ever you go with...but me and my boy love em ALL...

5. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Apparently, the Shockwave one will be legion class.....

Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Shockwave Fusion Tank (2011)
    A gift set that includes Legion Class Shockwave and a Cybertronian tank that can transform into a mobile fortress or a fusion cannon.

Bummer, but it is what it is....I might pick it up anyhow because I really like Shockwave. The only movie toys I have for myself are his voyager class figure and commander class Powerglide. But, I might make an exception.....:) 

But. to recap, it appears the only two commander class are OP and Megatron. And basically they seem to exist to give you a commander class version with trailer. The rest of the set is to focus mainly on the playset itself and as an ancillary addition, you get a legion class figure. Sound correct?

6. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    There's a shockwave review in feedback. He seems to be commander size?

7. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Your right, I think. I found a sightings page of him and Ratchet on the site. Ratchet appears to be legion class, while Shockwave seems to be commander class. can anyone confirm? I hope he is commander class as the pic looks sweet!

Shockwave Fusion Tank - Transformers 3 Cyberverse - TFW2005

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Eh, I am pretty sure Shockwave is a Commander class figure (he was listed in the Commander class in retail computers a few months back, and Hasbro appears to be using only one mold for the various releases of most characters).

To better sum up the Action sets: Legion class figures are packed with slightly larger/complex sets, where as the Commanders are packed with smaller sets which off set getting the bigger figure.

And I would NOT be surprised to see another wave released by Christmas (likely repaints of stuff that are already out there)

9. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
  10. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. That is good news. I am going to get him the 1st chance I get, but has he been released yet?