DOTM Oscars VFX Reel.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to Nelson for sharing this. :) 

Transformers' Oscars VFX Reel on Vimeo

Only a bunch of morons will ignore this. DOTM deserves the Oscar!

• News Credit News Credit x 2
  2. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    I doubt it will win but, but watching the reel reminded me that I've still not watched it again since the cinema

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I hope DOTM wins, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes take the award.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Good find, OP/Nelson! :D 

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Fucking owns! :rock 
    Good luck DOTM!

6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I cannot think any way that another Transformers Live Action Movie Series can top this. Haters can hate all they want and it may not win awards... but to me, this is the real deal.

Good Luck DOTM! You deserve to win this. :thumbs2: 

7. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    this. It's hard to say which is more impressive: realistic organic characters vs. insanely complex mechanical characters

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is indeed a tough question; I truly felt both movies had terrific effects work. I think as a body of work, DOTM deserves it just a little more because of how fully complete and realized every facet of the effects are. Not only are the robots spectacularly animated, but their interaction with the environment is always perfectly executed, as are minute details that most people wouldn't even notice. Caesar was a great creation too, albeit aided by motion capture, but only the apes themselves were a memorable effect of RotPotA.

9. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    This is pretty much how I feel. I can't help but feeling like the academy will give Apes the award though. They have a 6 year history of snuffing Transformers, and the worst time (when TF07 lost to that polar bear) was against a realistic organic creation.

But on the other hand, DotM brought everything to a whole other level with the effects and the environment. And keep in mind all this was also executed in some of the best 3D ever!

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    For some reason, I now really want a giant Cybertron playset for the sake of reenacting battles.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Even if it doesn't win best FX, it will still blow the crap out of the others, IMHO.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I feel that including part of the execution scene with Que and Bumblebee was a nice touch. It was supposed to be an emotional scene, which might show that the movie does have a little bit of heart. I'd imagine that the Academy laps this sort of thing up. I just wish they didn't cut up so much of it, but I know they had to cram as much stuff in as possible.

13. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These aren't the best movies in the world, that's for sure, but they do have the best effects and sound mixing. I will say though, the Cons need help with their looks and sound, sharp teeth, voices, etc. Soundwave and Barricade have the same voice! But go DOTM...I guess... I gotta say too, I don't care that the Cons are all dead. The only ones that were cool were, Megatron, Shockwave, Brawl, Bonecrusher and Barricade. The rest were dumb. And the robots themselves are MUCH too organic. To much blood and the dreads sucked. They had no car parts. Too many cybertronians with no earth modes. That didn't help with the feel of Transformers. And we still don't "really" know if Barricade is dead. He just ducks behind a car and then we see a "bionical-former" die. And Jazz is the only transformer to die and never make an appearance in any other film...hmm, maybe a reboot is in call..

14. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not that i'm hating on the movies at all (cuz I love them) but frankly, that was just as enjoyable as watching the whole movie.

15. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I'm at a tie between DOTM, RotPotA, and Real Steel. But I think Transformers should win because it had the most effort put into it.

16. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

If I'd only seen that 10 minutes, I'd have said DOTM was a good movie.

Anyone notice what's missing?

2 hours of Shia LaBouf screaming
    Writers trying to desperately convince us Carly and Mikhala AREN'T the same 2 dimentional cardboard cut out fantasy girlfriend.
    A hackned plot involving Patrick Dempsey selling out the human race.

Think about how much better this movie would have been with JUST Josh Hamilton and the Nest team! Then realize that a majority of all three movies have been about "a boy and his car".

I've never had a problem with "Baysplosions", just the overall focus on the movies.

17. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM had breathtaking visuals, but Apes will win it. I think deservedly so, too.

18. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A cool death for Starscream would have been him begging for Megatrons help, due to the explosive in his face. Megatron seening there's no help for Starscream, Megatron lifts his gun saying, "here's your help." Then shoots SS in the chest/spark right before his head explodes.

As for the governments being involved in the films, yeah, I could totally see that being real. BUT I always had a hard time with believing Optimus Prime would willingly work with any governments of the world. Due to his personality with freedom and justice n all. He would see and know all the corruption and oppression governments put on the human race...how could he work with such hypocrisy...

19. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

After 6 years of putting the bots together and after all of the crews effort, DOTM deserves the award.

20. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

They should've shown more of the Transformations, they only showed 2 and they were both Bumblebee's. They should've shown Optimus being hit by Driller in Chernobyl, Megatron's, and when Ironhide hit the dreads.

There was a lot of stuff they didn't shown that they should've.