Customs: DOTM Optimus Prime and Trailer blue colors

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wylungz, Jun 22, 2011.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just got my DOTM trailer for my prime.. but i was thinking of repainting the cooling system and all the blue parts on it to match the truck the best i could..

however i was looking at some DOTM movie pics of optimus and his trailer.. and is it me.. or is optimus and his trailer (cooling system color) not the same blue?.. should i even bother then? im just trying to see so i dont feel guilty that MY OP and trailer arent matching either.

here are some pics.. i kno the blue on this truck is brighter.. and seems darker b/c maybe its in the shadows of the building.. but still u can still see a definite difference in the blues

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it is not the same blue... after seeing the prime truck in person...he is actually a little more purple than blue... that trailer though is BRRIIIGGHTT!!

3. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

innnterestting... looking at these pictures i posted i was even going to paint the trailer's blue parts Tamiya's clear blue.. (x-23) but i felt like that was ODing it.. i might just leave it then lol.. thanks encline, saw ur sentinel nice stuff!!!