DOTM novel/comic ending

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by supernova222, Mar 23, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, we all know how the movies ended but megatron's death was a big let doen to a lot of us. Most of us also know how the alternate nding presented in the novel and comics was done, where Optimus and megatrobn team up and kill sentinal and optimus accepts the truce and megatron leaves with whats left of the decepticon.

my question is what would you have thought if the movie itself ended that way?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would have loved such an ending.

3. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

It would be much better!, going straight to TF4, no speculation about a reboot.

4. optimoose

optimoose Well-Known Member

Letting Megs live would be ok so he can back-stabb the truce in the next movies

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Eh, no. Better to have Megs and Optimus work together to fight an outside threat (Unicron and his heralds, or perhaps even rogue TFs from the Dead Universe).

6. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

The novel had a much different, much more interesting ending to it. It gave the impression that both Megatron and Optimus were tired of the ages long war.

It would be unique to see Megatron rebuild Cybertron, only to change his plans and begin hunting down the Autobots that remain across the galaxy.

That would have been a much darker, more serious tone for the next trilogy.

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

It'd have been a big letdown for me. Considering all that he's done over the course of the movies, just giving up like that doesn't seem like a thing Megatron would consider - so much so, one could say it's out of character. In the movie, Megatron was calling the truce just to bullshit his way out of the pickle he was in. The guy who started the war and formulated this plan to begin with? Oh yeah, stopping Sentinel from killing Optimus wipes his record clean.

Besides, the whole bit about Megatron turning on Sentinel - in the comic and novel adaptations, it's like he was trying to rescue Optimus. In the movie, he did it because his leadership was threatened, not to mention it wasn't him who would kill his mortal enemy.

Plus, Optimus was the one done with the fighting - he's realized that the only way the Decepticons will ever stop is if they're dead. Letting Megatron walk away would just give him ample time to think of something new. Megatron went down so easily because he wasn't expecting Optimus to lash out and kill him.

8. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i like both endings. but had they used the original ending then we would not had the i (me) want megs,/starscream/soundwave for tf4 thing :p 

just if you wonder, nelson the admin of bay site said in his profile here that the ending was changed cause paramount didnt wanted the films and adaptations to share the same ending

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    (does not compute) Why in the hell would they not want that?

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i have no idea.

11. Infiltrait0rN7

Infiltrait0rN7 Deceptibot

News Credits:
    That ending was the most epic adaptation ending of all time. For me at least... Though honestly, I was pretty mad when I first read it. But I slowly grew to love it! It was what made me believe their promises that DOTM would have plenty of character development. And then I saw the movie. Which crushed all of my hopes and dreams of seeing that final fight with Optimus and Megatron working together and seeing some character development by ending the movie with the whole "WE WILL KILL THEM ALL" crap.
    Hell, even my non Transformers fan friends thought the adaptation ending was better (after I showed it to them)
    & for those of you who keep on saying it won't make sense for that ending to be in the movie because it would be out of character for Megatron to do something like that, his character in the adaptation novel was set up differently than what he was like in the movie. So technically, if they had done it right the first time, then yeah, that ending would make a lot more sense.
    So before someone decides to bash on my ability to form opinions of my own, this is just my :2c: 

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The book ending sounds lame.
    I'm glad that Optimus finally capped Megatron.

13. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I think for the book, that ending works, not for the movie. In the book, there was enough added in to build that up to be a logical conclusion.

In the movie, it wouldn't seem right as it would seem like Megatron is getting away with the murders of thousands with no consequence. Op not doing Megatron in, after three movies of Megatron proving he can't be trusted would just seem like a cop out.

14. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would have been a little mad my theory about it is they wernt planing on a tf4 so end it for the general public but keep the movieverse going in the comics and the novels

15. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Cause the novel comes out a month or two earlier, and spoils the film. A similar thing happened in X-men 2. In the novel Jean Grey survives, so the people who read it and watched the film were still surprised in the end.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I wanted the DOTM comic/novel ending so much, it would have been awesome.

17. Flatline

Flatline Well-Known Member

This.

18. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Too cheesy

Watching Megatron get an energon axe wedged in his head was more fun

19. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

From what I've read that ending turns Megatron into the fucking Grinch.

20. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

The movie ending I prefer.