DotM not going to be shown in China?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus Prime, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It will be shown...just not yet.

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    7/21 set already

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I doubt the people bashing DOTM in the comment section have even seen the movie.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That comments section is a shitstorm! People tossing out insults at every turn. Does that make them feel good about themselves or something?!

Anyways, China has a long history of this kind of stuff. They censor the internet quite a bit too. However, you can probably dig up bootlegs somewhere, or buy them off the black market.

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The people who comment on CNN are the biggest morons in the world. I went there a bit during *redacted to avoid political discussion* and was amazed at the vitriol of the comments from both sides.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow, the entire article felt like a big 'waaaah' throw the toys out of the pram because China won't give us their money kind of whinge.

So China are actively protecting their borders and fledgling movie industry? Considering what happened to China during the late 1800's and 1900's this is hardly a surprise.

8. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree 100%, so what if they're temporarily limiting what foreign films can be shown? Last time I was there, ROTF was being promoted in a big way and was completely overshadowing any domestic films. When they make a film that includes many of their biggest domestic names (even if only for glimpses in the movie,) and had one of the largest budgets for a Chinese film, of course they want it to have some limelight.

On IMDB, the reviews are all about the historic inaccuracy of the film and how it's CCP propaganda. Everyone knows that, and it's a movie. People are going to see a very, very loosely historically based film that has tons and tons of name recognition and of course portrays the Mao Zedong and the CCP in a positive light. Is anyone really surprised? And the censoring of media is nothing new in China, though I'm not sure if the CCP is scared of 29 big, bad non-professional reviewers on IMDB being the final straw that forces a further cultural revolution and the destruction/reconstruction of their society and government. Every (reasonably intelligent) Chinese person that I've talked to in the States and in China understand this for what it is, which allows them to find enjoyment in the film.

In short...boo Zakari

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I thought China loved the Transformers movies.

Will this affect getting to the billion dollar mark?

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    The CNN commenters are a combination of the BSNBC and the Faux gnus crowds since its a centrist news organization. The people who comment there are idiots from both spectrums and sometimes theres a couple smart people.

I dare you to look at the comments in an Israel related story, you'll be cringing so hard you'll get brain damage.

11. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

And if that happened here in the UK? Or even stateside imagine the 'waaah' lolz

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Film releases are often a few months after the US. Cars 2 for example goes on release in the UK a month after the US. For a film to debut in multiple countries simultaneously around the world is the exception, not the rule.

There's a long history of this.

13. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately the internet is full of them...... and that "John" guy on there is definitely missing some marbles. Seriously the Lion King being American propaganda. Has he even watched that flick before?

14. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Ya if you look through the comments I was Corey at the bottom. The people who posted those stupid comments act like they are genius's and broke the movie down all logical. One guy said they were "organic robots living on the dark side of the moon". The movie was never made to have people think of the movies logical. It was for people to enjoy them. Why do some people (the people on the comment section) have to knit pick about a movie and just enjoy it? Lol those people made me laugh my ass off.

~AAD