DOTM Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsFTW, Jul 11, 2011.

1. DecepticonsFTW

DecepticonsFTW Megatron Fanatic

What are your thoughts? What did you think of the Decepticon leader in the third film? Did you think he was still the Autobot-kicking bad-ass, or not?

My thoughts: I didn't like this version of Megatron at all. And I usually find Megatron one of my favourite characters in any of the continuities, if not my most favourite all-round. He was pretty awesome in the first two movies I thought, especially ROTF with two different alt. modes. But in this one, I think they reduced him. I could never see this Megatron transforming into a human vehicle, given the hatred of humans he showed in the trilogy, and how he kept a Cybertronian form for the first two films. And the cape on him was ridiculous. He also didn't really do anything, and I didn't get why he was just sitting around during the Chicago battle until Carly got him mad.

Okay, I guess that kinda turned into a rant...sorry about that. But that's just what I thought. What do you all think?

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I think Megs deserves a little sympathy. After all, he is brain-damaged now. :rolleyes:  As far as his design and appearance, I thought he looked awesome! Besides, without him Optimus wouldn't have been able to beat Sentinel. So he ended up being the hero, in an ironic sort-of-way.

3. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loved him as he was. I swear I'm like a broken record as I've said this a thousand times, but I felt he really evolved this time around. After the previous defeats he changed quite a bit. He wasn't humbled, but no longer cocky. I saw a Megatron who truly loved his homeworld, so much he would resort to any means to save it from it's fate. For Optimus he would never do anything at the expense of humans, but for Megatron, it was all about Cybertron, nothing else. For me, he was the hero of this movie or anti-hero. Sentinel was the villain, he went against his own ideals to achieve the restoration of Cybertron, Megatron never betrayed who he was. And he did save Optimus, ulterior motives or not. Optimus should be ashamed of himself for his actions.

Design, once again he shines. The perfect contrast to Optimus, and wisely cautious since Bay has a hard-on to make our military look good. He knows they can be killed by humans to he bought his time, therefore an Earth mode was necessary.

4. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with you ! :D  I thought Megatron looked great ! I loved the way he carried himself in the movie. The shotgun was awesome. The first 2 flicks Megatron had those big cannons , but in this one it was like all he had was the shotgun and his brute melee skills. I'm so tired of seeing Optimus get all the glory. From this movie Megatron needs the glory , for if it was not for Megatron Optimus would have been dead! Megatron would have finished off Sentinal and Cybertron would have been restored!! Decepticons have all of the coolest stuff ( remember what epps said??) but yet they constantly lose!! Tired of it** give the Decepticons there glory already and let them win in a movie for once !!