Heavy/Scratch: DOTM Megatron...LEADER

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Spoiler, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    So, a few weeks back, I managed to attain a Leader movie Megatron and a Leader ROTF Megatron for $15. This lead to a desire to start my DOTM Leader Megatron. Now, because I didn't take pics during my build, I can only show you a current progress. But, I will give some details on it. It is non transformable, so...yeah. Forgive the color, I think the lighting makes the color look very off on camera to what it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Start with the ROTF: Good news was, it was missing it's murder arm, so, I didn't need to pain myself with that abomination. Next,we remove the arms, legs, huge humps on the shoulders, and that big backpack thingamagig. Drill out the connecting pieces where the legs would mount on, in order to fit the new legs. Dremel the side of his head for the appropriate blast damage.

Now, Movie Meg, we dremel off the arms, and remove the legs. Attach the arms with some glue, and screw the new legs to ROTF body and presto, he has limbs again! I used the "strong" hand from ROTF to keep somewhat of a decent look for the left, and for the right, was mainly Kreo pieces. You will notice that there are some ROTF leg pieces reused on the thighs, just placed a little different. I found a relatively good scaled Mack Truck that actually had a tanker trailer with it. Next, just cut a bunch o pieces and glue into place! The chains are quartermachine jewelery, I actually noticed these on my way out of KMart, and saved myself a little money.

Follow that up with painting it...shockingly...with a color named Afrika Mustard. The weathering I used was a mix of a copper color, charcoal and silver.

This is still a little WIP, as I have to make the gun and tarp, and maybe do a little more adjusting here or there. I will add some more pics later

Attached Files:

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Liking it!

3. foofighter04

foofighter04 Active Member

Ebay:
    Nice

4. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits: