DOTM lunarfire optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SG hailstorm, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

As my friends on here know my birthday was back on january 12th n my grandparents sent me some birthday money (40 to spend, 10 for my bank account) along with some other TF grabs, i found one last lunarfire optimus prime on the shelf (the walmart in my area doesnt stock on toys till the shelves are empty) so i picked him up and i gotta admit, out of every movie optimus repaint ive passed over? This one was absolutely hands down THE-BEST one ive seen plus the deluxe mold is absolutely amazing and a credit to show how well-designed most movie-verse toys can be in articulation, design, and all around aesthetics in how both modes are compact, mainly kibble-free (his backpack not really coutned to me cause i dont mind it at all) and to the point of that the toy is very much optimus even though he has more blue than usual. I love the color scheme on the lunarfire version as compared to the original release even though both lack a few paint-apps here and there, i especially love the brass/ dark gold metal-flake flames on the figure (especially the ones on the fuel tanks, props hasbro) i also love the fact this versions plastics are more of a matte metal flake as opposed to the flat-bland plastics on the original, the red i love the most cause its so eye-popping and complementary to the figure, as with most TF toys these days he features light-piped eyes in a rather cool orange (the truck windshield/s are orange as well) and to top it off the only the eye-balls/optics (at least on mine) are a brilliant shade of metallic icy blue so you get the awesome effect of blue optics with an orange glow around them! The other main component that really gets me on this figure is his mettech weapon which is the exact same as the voyager DOTM optimus but fearures some armor plating being cast in red instead of an all grey blaster which in my opinion complements the figure even more plus it suits the figure very well, he doesnt hold it in his hand great BUT thanks to this figures additional four mechtech ports (5mm sockets) lunarfire optimus can either mount his heavy artillary on either shoulder, on on the side of either forearm kinda like megatron with his fusion cannon. In terms of posing his head can rotate 360 (though a little limited by his shoulder area) he features ball-jointed shoulders, elbows that bend in two seperate areas (due to transformation) and also rotate 360 at the bicep, his waist can rotate 360 from transformation but his backpack gets in the way which is fine by me cause our waist's dont rotate 360, his upper legs are ball-jointed on top then T-jointed half way through his calves so he can assume an array of poses, he bends at the knee, and features posable feet on T-joints (also due to transformation)

All around i give lunarfire optimus prime a 9-out-of-10 stars, i only rate 9 cause hes missing a few paint apps which if your an avid kit-basher like me you can simply fix it yourself unless you dont want to modify the figure.

Final thoughts:

Great figure

Outstanding mold in terms of sculpted detail and engineering

Awesome paintjob

Cool light-piping

Incredibly epic weapon

Practicly the best movie o.p repaint i've seen sence 07' movies "nightwatch" deco

Only real problem is lack of paint apps as i said above

I HIGHLY recommend this figure for any optimus/movie TF collector as he'd be a great figure to either and or both collections.

I hope you found this review insightful (even though theres not very many pics lol)

Attached Files:

2. Scypris

Scypris #SlyCooperSwag

News Credits:
    Im tempted to get him...

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Found him at Wally World today with a $3 off coupon. I passed on the regular version but, thought for $6 he as worth checking out. Damn he is a cool little figure. Colors look great. Good articulation. A big gun. What more could you ask for?

4. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

I couldnt agree more :thumb